Author Topic: Modern Greek Bible  (Read 622 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
  • Be good works the daily nourishment of your hearts
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Modern Greek Bible
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:17:06 PM »
Is there any Modern Greek translation of the Bible written in such a way to be the nearest possible to original Koine Greek? I'm specially expecting NT, but LXX-based OT would be good.
"Behold, the mystical sacrifice, fully accomplished, is ushered in. In fervent faith let us draw near, that we may become sharers in everlasting life. Alleluia."

Please pray for myself, my family and my friends.

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Re: Modern Greek Bible
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Is there any Modern Greek translation of the Bible written in such a way to be the nearest possible to original Koine Greek? I'm specially expecting NT, but LXX-based OT would be good.
You mean Katharevousa?
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:39:43 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
Demotic would be more useful. I'd like to read the Bible in Modern Greek since I'm trying to learn some of it, but in such a way to be the most equivalent to the Koine possible.
"Behold, the mystical sacrifice, fully accomplished, is ushered in. In fervent faith let us draw near, that we may become sharers in everlasting life. Alleluia."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese). Last article: Fontes de fé da Igreja Ortodoxa

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:17:18 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
Demotic would be more useful. I'd like to read the Bible in Modern Greek since I'm trying to learn some of it, but in such a way to be the most equivalent to the Koine possible.
See if this is what you had in mine. I have a more complete pdf version.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/311813787/%CE%97-%CE%91%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%93%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE-%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%94%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-Pdf
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline RaphaCam

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »
You mean Katharevousa?
See if this is what you had in mine. I have a more complete pdf version.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/311813787/%CE%97-%CE%91%CE%B3%CE%AF%CE%B1-%CE%93%CF%81%CE%B1%CF%86%CE%AE-%CE%BC%CE%B5-%CF%84%CE%B1-%CE%94%CE%B5%CF%85%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AC-Pdf
More or less, I can see a couple of excerpts where they could have used forms nearer to the Koine... but this is good.

Offline Alkis

• All things therefore whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, even so do ye also unto them: for this is the law and the prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Constantinople
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
As a Greek, I have 2 Bibles. The one is in the original text of koine greek and the other is a translation in new greek. From new greek, I have the book that you have posted here. It has many mistakes in translation. Even now I find many mistakes that would lead someone to heresies or bad interpretation and understandings. Generally it is a nice work but it needs to be careful. I would suggest this. It is both the original and translation to kathareuousa by an orthodox bishop. http://www.imgap.gr/file1/AG-Pateres/PDhiathiki1.html
For You keep my lamp burning; Lord my God You illumine my darkness. (Psalm 17:29)