Author Topic: Mass conversion by Coptic Christians to Islam?  (Read 650 times)

Offline Trebor135

Mass conversion by Coptic Christians to Islam?
« on: October 29, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »
This news report(?) came to my attention today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2HolrMMno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwkgm9aG0Oo

My experience in dealing with/reading about Muslims when it comes to matters of faith inspires in me very great skepticism as to whether 1.8 million Coptic Christians have converted to Islam. Very much still a student of the language, I'd like to ask what Oriental Orthodox and Arabic-speaking Christian posters make of the story(?).

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: Mass conversion by Coptic Christians to Islam?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 08:09:10 PM »
I guess (or even if) the translation is OK, but at 3.20-3:40 in the video they say that they don't know whether or not 1.5 million embraced Islam in 36 years, and then they start talking about 1.25 mill, and that they don't even know if it's that much. Check it out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:10:54 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »

My experience in dealing with/reading about Muslims when it comes to matters of faith inspires in me very great skepticism as to whether 1.8 million Coptic Christians have converted to Islam. Very much still a student of the language, I'd like to ask what Oriental Orthodox and Arabic-speaking Christian posters make of the story(?).

This is the self-ordained anti-Pope Max Michel.  He gave this Al Jazeera pro-Muslim Brotherhood guy a CD that claims to be audio recordings of the Holy Synod of some sort of conversion crisis in the Coptic Church.  This CD was never made public, and we can actually find Muslim imams elsewhere worry about the exact opposite, that Islam in all of Africa is on a downfall.

In any case, there has been nothing to substantiate this claim, and Max Michel has since then disappeared from the face of the earth as his "church" no longer exists.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
Muslims always exaggerate how many become Muslim.
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »

The Orthodox do the same.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 02:46:25 AM »

The Orthodox do the same.

Not even close to the same extent though.
This profile is defunct as of 11/8/2017. I created it before Orthodoxy, and have used it after Orthodoxy.

I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

I will likely lurk on this forum under a different name.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »

This is the self-ordained anti-Pope Max Michel.  He gave this Al Jazeera pro-Muslim Brotherhood guy a CD that claims to be audio recordings of the Holy Synod of some sort of conversion crisis in the Coptic Church.  This CD was never made public, and we can actually find Muslim imams elsewhere worry about the exact opposite, that Islam in all of Africa is on a downfall.

In any case, there has been nothing to substantiate this claim, and Max Michel has since then disappeared from the face of the earth as his "church" no longer exists.

Exactly. The video was made after two years of the anti-pope Michel founding his own "church" and now there is no info about it. I suppose he was trying to find publicity then and he failed. Al-Jazeera and such "news" were a great way to do it.
BTW, it's interesting to listen to an Egyptian speaking Fusha (standard Arabic) instead of Misri (Egyptian Arabic) :P
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)