OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 08:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you agree with the article
Yes - 3 (33.3%)
50/50 - 1 (11.1%)
No - 5 (55.6%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did God not like New Orleans?  (Read 1294 times) Average Rating: 0
xls
Banned

« on: September 02, 2005, 06:37:17 PM »

I would guess that the hurricane was a blessing.
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8684

" New Orleans has one of the highest murder rates in the country.""Criminals dominate their neighborhoods to the point that people don't even call in crimes."
"New Orleans was ripe for collapse. Its dangerous geography, combined with a dangerous culture, made it susceptible to an unfolding catastrophe. Currents of chaos and lawlessness were running through the city long before this week, and they were bound to come to the surface under the pressure of natural disaster and explode in a scene of looting and mayhem. "

"New Orleans has been a wasteland of politically correct dysfunction for decades -- public schools so obviously decimated vouchers were proposed this year (and torpedoed by the left), barbaric gangster rap culture no one will confront lest they offend liberal pieties, multiculturalist frauds who empower no one but themselves, and cops neutered by the NAACP and ACLU."

"A city which boasts as one of its businesses memorial "death t-shirts" -- clothing made popular by the frequency of gangland slayings in New Orleans that say things like, "Born a Pimp, Died a Playa" -- was headed for collapse even without a hurricane"
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:24:47 PM »

Plus there are Jews in New Orleans to be sure.  I bet every synagouge was destroyed!

....honestly do you even realize how horrible what you are saying is?
suzannes

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 07:55:37 PM »

What a load of crap.  And a sin too.  Pray for those who have died and those who suffer. 
StephenG

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 08:00:40 PM »

This was a terrible tradegy still unfolding. The original post is diabolical and exceedingly distasteful. What ever possessed you to write such a thing?
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 08:09:57 PM »

I echo all these sentiments how unfeeling and distasteful

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 08:21:54 PM »

xls:
 You must be some kind of sadistic F#Ck up or maybe some kind of fundy as#hole to even think such things let alone post them on an Orthodox Christian web site. You need to be slapped around a bit..
Man , I know you ain`t Orthodox comin in here like that!! If you are , then you`d better be going to confession next week!! God have mercy on you..you`re gonna need it
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 08:27:13 PM by Mo the Ethio » Logged

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 08:29:56 PM »

HEY MODS!!!
  IF EVER THERE WAS A TOPIC TO BE DELETED.....THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
   WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
suzannes

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 08:45:46 PM »

So New Orleans was a corrupt city.  What of it?  I heard tonight that a woman gave birth in the Superdome, and the infant did not survive.  I suppose *someone* will argue that the sins of the fathers are visited on the children.  But it's a tragedy.  An absolute tragedy.  NO ONE deserves to die of thirst, in the midst of filth and chaos.  What if a Christian ended up in the Superdome, was dying and wanted clergy with them?  WHO deserves such agony?  Mercy is incumbant on Christians.  If you don't like it...get out of the kitchen.
xls
Banned

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 02:55:18 AM »

Yawn.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

A blessing in disguise as a tragedy. Even a diamond that looks so pretty comes from harsh environments. People like you help make world bad way it is and you persist and do not want to listen to another side. You say you are orthodox but you think you are better than Christ to try and be more merciful than Christ. You guys would let killers free to kill more and you would blame for the tragedy. If is obvious you do not understand since if you did you would not talk the way you do.

Like Christ said the apple does not fall far from the tree. If you don’t like the truth then that is not my fault. People that ignore the truth and do not talk about it make life worse. The article comes from a well respected site which again everyone thinks they know better but they do not listen. Your lies and attacks can not make things better, only the truth can help you find the root of the problem to understand and solve it.

If Christ was alive today I bet some here would be the first to crucify him again since you don’t want to understand. Being close minded and attacking others for saying the truth is a is worse than the tragedy that happened in New Orleans since that will pass but how so many act will remain the same.

It is a tragedy in New Orleans but some of you guys help make far worse tragedies which is beyond your understanding. I bet you guys wanted to give money also to the Muslim Indonesia tragedy so you can help be stronger to kill more Christians, give to terrorists etc. Don’t reply if you can not talk about the issues, since the problem is that you think you know but the fact is you don’t.  Remember “the road to hell is paved with good intentions”.

Good luck

It's pretty obvious that you're nuts, and I'm tired of crazy people on this site. 

ME
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 09:45:36 AM by Mor Ephrem » Logged
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 03:51:09 AM »

XLS since when do have the corner on the truth/

Are you a member of Eastern Orthodox Church?

Are you a recent convert to Eastern Orthodoxy from fundamentalist Christian?

Either way you have a lot to learn.

There was an article, I cannot cite it maybe someone can help me, in an English Language newspaper from Kuwait. The writer's opinion was that the destruction of New Orleans was the wrath of Allah. How different is your far right - wing article from a far right - wing Muslim position?

I think you post this crap to get a rise out of people.  I think you enjoy it, get some sadistic pleasure out of it.

You need help.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2005, 06:46:50 AM »

If Christ was alive today

I've got news for you, mate....He is, and He is watching everything. And one day, you're gonna be held accountable to Him for what you said.

You are no better than the gang members raping and shooting people in cold blood. A Nation is facing a terrible catastrophe, people are friggin' dying, and you see it as an opportunity to air your political nutbag views.....You vulture- and yes, that was an ad hominem attack, and I don't care.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2005, 06:59:08 AM »

XLS, are you an American? 

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: