OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 10:24:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will a priest do this  (Read 719 times) Average Rating: 0
TruthSeeker

OC.net

« on: September 01, 2005, 01:49:50 AM »

Will an orthodox priest baptise my special needs daughter....and anoint her with oil.....and give her communion?

She cannot take communion by mouth as she eats via a G-tube going into her stomach. I could show the priest how to feed her...it's nothing really. But the bread or waiffer will need to be ground up.

She is 8 years old but has the mind of perhaps an 18 month old.
She is as pure as the driven snow and knows no sin and in fact is all love.....I consider her a gift.

Can I be there beside her as she receives communion even though I am not orthodox?

NULL
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 04:41:35 AM »

I suspect that a priest would prefer that she be baptised along with her father so that she will be being raised in an Orthodox family. Other than that I can't imagine that there would be any obstacles to her being baptised, chrismated and given holy communion, but the best person to ask is your priest Smiley

I know of others who have children who are similiarly or otherwise challenged, and all confess what a blessing they have been and are. God has richly blessed you indeed.

John
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: