OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 12:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A westerners comments to the Orthodox on this forum  (Read 615 times) Average Rating: 0
TruthSeeker

OC.net

« on: September 03, 2005, 03:58:18 PM »

Thank you all for your replies to many many questions. I think this is a great forum and for the most part a very mature forum.

As my name implies I am seeking truth. I used to think that I knew it all....but thank God I now know that man knows very little and me especially.
Oh that I could talk with one of the apostles....the questions I would ask.

I come from a western mindset....I was raised this way. It is sometimes hard for me to think in an "eastern" way but I am glad God has shown me how.

I really liked the book "Eastern Orthodoxy Through Western Eyes." by Professor Donald Fairbairn.This is a good book for a us westerner to read. Although written by a non orthodox it gives a very good and fair picture of orthodoxy...this man has done his homework. This book upholds eastern theology as good.

I am going to start digging into the EARLY church fathers...the ones that were disciples of the apostles. Part of me still thinks that the church slowly corrupted(somewhat), so the latter early fathers may not yet have as much impression upon me (yet).

I am impressed to see that all the eastern churches preach the same thing, even though many were isolated from each other for hundreds of years. This is some proof to me that the eastern church preaches the most truth....and is the most like the apostolic church. I do think the church set up by the apostles was much more "simple" than the current eastern church but this doesn't have to be a negative.

Tomorrow I would like to attend the local Greek orthodox church......it's the Greek Summer festival here anyway and there will be lots of great food and entertainment outside the church.

Your prayers for me and my family are appreciated.

Eric

NULL
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 07:21:33 PM »

prayers for Eric and his family.  May God lead you to the Truth you seek.

Juliana
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: