OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 05:35:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contains content that may not be appropiate for some!  (Read 2198 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: February 21, 2003, 05:45:50 PM »

Please be forwarned before reading this. It does contain topics that are controversial, but I think it's important that they get revealed instead of covered up.

http://www.rcf.org/docs/gera1.htm

Bobby
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 05:53:37 PM »

Wow.  That's disturbing.

Lord Have Mercy!
James the Just
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 06:34:23 PM »

If the article is genuine, I would'nt be surprised. God only knows what has'nt be revealed.........yet. Shocked

James
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 06:35:12 PM »

Very disconcerting, to say the least, Bobby.  The cover-ups and clean-ups of the clergy should not be confined to just the pedophiles, obviously, and Bishop Pataki should be taken to task if the allegations against Fr. Gera are proven to be true and Bishop Pataki does nothing.

Indeed, Lord, have mercy!

Hypo-Ortho
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 01:13:04 AM »

Bishop Pataki didn't do much to punish Fr. Davidowich, still a priest in good standing, still at work on the diocesan newspaper for this gem: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jrwrestle1.html

My friend wrote Bp Andrew and asked for an explanation, and the only response was from his lawyer who said "we have taken care of this a long time ago."

Let's just pray that the bishop will act more definitively this time.

In Christ,

anastasios

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 07:27:02 PM »

Good, Bp Pataki acted.  Thank God.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/areaA5022203.htm

anastasios

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 07:54:07 PM »

All my comments on these scandals are on my blog.

Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 10:16:22 AM »

Agreed.  Let's see where this goes from here.   The www.Pokrov.org watchdog website keeps track of confirmed transgressing Orthodox clergy, but I'm sure they'd like to add Fr. Gera to their list of transgressors, even though he's a Byzantine rite Catholic and not Orthodox (in order to keep the Orthodox hierarchs aware of him if he tries to "jump ship" from the Unia to Orthodoxy as a priest while keeping all this secret).

Hypo-Ortho
The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2003, 10:25:19 AM »

The www.Pokrov.org watchdog website keeps track of confirmed transgressing Orthodox clergy, but I'm sure they'd like to add Fr. Gera to their list of transgressors, even though he's a Byzantine rite Catholic and not Orthodox (in order to keep the Orthodox hierarchs aware of him if he tries to "jump ship" from the Unia to Orthodoxy as a priest while keeping all this secret).

Good call!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: