Author Topic: Preparing for death and Christ return  (Read 508 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Preparing for death and Christ return
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:09:31 AM »
Is our preparation for either death or Christs return on earth to be any different? I wouldn't want to be following the american dream during the time of the antichrist because I feel I will neglect building my soul in the faith. As Jesus said those who are not rooted in the faith fall away during tribulation.
Today there are so many killings of christians which God allows. I think I am more sinful than most who would die so I may not be counted out of having to be purged by death or having my faith trialed to see if I am ready even though being killed may have nothing to do with if you are sinful or not. But I have heard people suggest preparing for christ return does not mean stopping all work and going to live somewhere alone. But I feel it is not bad but even monks have to work to keep them from sin and keep them praying perhaps. But they would not be tempted to overwork because they don't desire worldly rewards such as money or fame so as to neglect their spirituality.
There is a temptation to trust in our works for salvation. To be pillar of society or have a important position but
we are saved simply by faith and humility which produce good deeds. I did not say works because they seem great but they are unclean rags because they lead to boasting. If it did not lead to boasting it would be a good deed which can bring salvation
what is the works which shall be burned? the one which is not done honestly. Those who work honestly and compete according the rules they receive a reward.
I want to be a tutor in math and enjoy my life by being an expert in solving math problems but I feel I would be choosing that over making jesus the purpose of my life

1 Corinthians 3:9-15 (NKJV)
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:25:04 AM by mikeforjesus »