OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 08:50:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [oodegr.com] Protopresbyter John Romanides  (Read 863 times) Average Rating: 0
t0m_dR

« on: August 29, 2005, 11:26:32 AM »

One of the most significant orthodox theologians of the 20th century and revivalist of our theology who strived to restore it to the genuineness of Patristic tradition, the Protopresbyter father John Romanides eulogy was written by Protopresbyter Fr. George Metallinos, now Dean of the Athens University School of Theology

You can find it, here: http://www.oodegr.com/english/biographies/newteroi/romanidis1.htm

---
O.O.D.E
Orthodox Outlet for Dogmatic Enquiries
http://english.oodegr.com

android

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GO Archdiocese of America- Southeast US

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »

Figured I would use the search function and bump this post instead of starting a new thread.

What do you think of Fr. John? I just started reading "Patristic Theology" (a collection of his writings and lectures) and am enjoying them, but I have heard/read some comments about his positions that make me wonder where he "stands" with regards to mainline Orthodoxy. Since I'm still learning about the faith, I would like to be able to read his works in their proper context, and be aware of any controversial positions. My natural inclination is to read the work under the assumption that he is relaying, well, Patristic theology, but I don't want to "learn" something inappropriate inadvertently in the process.

Any thoughts on Fr. John's work?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: