Author Topic: Man knocked out by praying Trad Catholic outside Paris church..  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
Well I guess you can count this Trad Cath out as far as the  "tolerance" agenda of the modern Church and secular state in France. You can't tell the difference between  the two anyway most of the time  these days. I wonder how this guy handles although those "peaceful" Muslims "protesting" over there.

Anyway, I'd call this the "knockout games", trad Catholic style; 8)

Man knocked out by praying Catholic outside Paris church - 'Peaceful' protester knocks man out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZK9jEQEXI
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Man knocked out by praying Trad Catholic outside Paris church..
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 05:37:36 AM »
What happened to turning the other cheek?  Did our Lord not command us thusly; did He not also promise that the meek will inherit the Earth?

Meekness and humility.

Knocking someone out is extreme violence and I believe within the Christian faith, we can only justify violence when the violent force is used to protect others. 

Also, even if someone gets in your face and harasses you, this is in fact the demonic passions operating within them.  What is truly going on spiritually is the devil is seeking to goad you into committing a worse sin and indeed an arrestable offense by hitting them.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 06:47:47 AM »
There is a Polish fantasy series when the main plot foundation is that Christ did not die on the cross but used His godly power to avenge himself and butcher Jerusalem for not accepting Him (then He conquers Rome etc.). The books take place in the Late Middle Ages and their version of Christianity treats revenge, ruthlessness and violence as virtues, while mercy, humility or forgiveness - as sins and weaknesses. I have to admit such realities better fit the Middle Ages atmosphere, when you try to justify crusades, brutal executions, cultural glorification of killing each other and stuff like that.

As one can see some people regret that it's not what really happened.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:50:18 AM by mike »
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:53:23 AM »
Gosh, that was unexpected!  :o   I suspect there's a lot more going on here than what makes it into the video, though. Best not to pass judgement, and let the police and courts assign blame.  :(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:53:59 AM by FinnJames »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:36:05 AM »
Well I guess you can count this Trad Cath out as far as the  "tolerance" agenda of the modern Church and secular state in France. You can't tell the difference between  the two anyway most of the time  these days. I wonder how this guy handles although those "peaceful" Muslims "protesting" over there.

Anyway, I'd call this the "knockout games", trad Catholic style; 8)

Man knocked out by praying Catholic outside Paris church - 'Peaceful' protester knocks man out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZK9jEQEXI

What's the back story here?  What did that guy do to provoke the man who punched him? 
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 08:44:55 AM »
What did that guy do to provoke the man who punched him? 

He was black.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 08:59:40 AM »
Showing off by praying ostentatiously in the street shortly before roughing someone up is hardly the christian thing to do.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 09:32:24 AM »
What's the back story here?  What did that guy do to provoke the man who punched him? 
+++

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 10:31:35 AM »
What did that guy do to provoke the man who punched him? 

He was black.

That was my first thought, but I wanted to be sure.
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

An Athonite

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »
There is a Polish fantasy series when the main plot foundation is that Christ did not die on the cross but used His godly power to avenge himself and butcher Jerusalem for not accepting Him (then He conquers Rome etc.). The books take place in the Late Middle Ages and their version of Christianity treats revenge, ruthlessness and violence as virtues, while mercy, humility or forgiveness - as sins and weaknesses. I have to admit such realities better fit the Middle Ages atmosphere, when you try to justify crusades, brutal executions, cultural glorification of killing each other and stuff like that.

That is the horrible truth is it not?  The fantasy series you describe by the way mkkes me sixk just to think of, and being an SF afficanado I thought I was reasonably hardened when it ca,e to shall we say blasphemous material

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »
Showing off by praying ostentatiously in the street shortly before roughing someone up is hardly the christian thing to do.

Was he also doing that?  Has this chap ever bothered to read the Gospel?  "Do not pray as the hypocrites do..."

I expect he hires a trumpeter to perform a fanfare each time he males a charitable donation, however small.  :P

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

Was he also doing that?  Has this chap ever bothered to read the Gospel?  "Do not pray as the hypocrites do..."

I expect he hires a trumpeter to perform a fanfare each time he males a charitable donation, however small.  :P

You're making quite a few unsupported judgments there, aren't you, wgw?

As far as I could determine, there was no information in the video or the comments to explain where or why the group was praying. Presumably if they were praying in front of an abortion clinic most readers of this site would support them. But we don't have the relevant information.

Similarly, there is no available information about why one man who appeared to be part of the group got up and punched the man who walked toward them in (what looked like) the head. I doubt that it was simply because he was black (as some here have suggested); black people are not rare on the streets of Paris, so unless the attack was completely unprovoked it seems more likely there was some sort of friction or threat that occurred before the camera started to role.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 11:41:35 AM »
WOW he got knocked out cold with one punch  :o

We don't know what is the backstory to this incident, jumping to conclusions so quick calling it racism is a bit much, everything is considered "racist" these days. Still why are they praying on the streets and not in private, the Pharisees prayed in public too, and unless this guy was a threat why get up to knock him out cold? So many questions, and I don't think the video is showing the full story.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
I doubt that it was simply because he was black (as some here have suggested); black people are not rare on the streets of Paris...

We have quite a few here as well.  ;)

An Athonite

Offline servulus

• Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
Maybe he insulted his mother.  :D

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 12:11:54 PM »
If you listen closely you can hear the man saying "Amoris Laetitiae is cool."
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 02:41:47 PM »

Not at all. The 1300s and 1400s were very pleasant, free times for most people, compared to the early-modern era and then our own terrifying era that would follow.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »
black people are not rare on the streets of Paris

No, but Trad Catholics are rare. When a couple of decades ago here in America Black churches started to be burned down (with people and children in them) around the Southeast, was it because Blacks in the area rare? No, it was a shocking act because the fine Christian folks who burn down Black churches are actually very rare.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline mike

• Protostrator
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »
As far as I could determine, there was no information in the video or the comments to explain where or why the group was praying. Presumably if they were praying in front of an abortion clinic most readers of this site would support them. But we don't have the relevant information.

AFAIK that group (FFsPs) were renting a church for their services from some Old Catholics of some sort. And they decided to sell the parcel and building. And now the new owner evicted them to build there something.