OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 04:14:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up something really special...  (Read 1158 times) Average Rating: 0
Armando
Dead among the living

I gave up dreaming a long time ago...

« on: August 28, 2005, 09:47:57 AM »

A few months I was feeling lost... Or so I thought.
After thinking of becoming priest (one year ago) my life had become miserable...
For the past 4-5 months I couldn't get a girlfriend, I didn't have many friends and I
was feeling so alone. The Sunday Mass was all I had. I thought God did it so I would
get used to the loneliness of the catholic priesthood. So, I had asked God (something I
now wish I never had asked for) that I wanted to lead a normal life and that I didn't
care about priesthood anymore. Now, I will (possibly) become a doctor (physician) I
have a girlfriend and many friends and I spend almost every night out at a nightclub or bar
with my friends and girl. All the clues lead to the fact that I will not become priest
and that I am about to give up something that meant a lot to me. Please...

pray for me. I need it. I am powerless to ask God to take all this away. Deep inside me
I preffered being alone but becoming priest. Please ask God for me, so that He will help me.

Ten years have passed, the girl I loved
is now a woman, but I am still a child...
-Sad-ending fairytale, Miltos Paschalidis
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 09:29:39 PM »

prayers - Lord have mercy.

hmmmm...
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:13:27 PM »

Armando:

With all due respect, you paint a bleak portrait of your life. Here are two positive scenarios

#1 You go on to a secular role as a doctor and you work in a profession that brings healing and life to many. You may even join doctors without borders and go to crisis scenes around the world. You marry a lovely women and have lovely children and attend Mass regularly bringing your family up in the faith.

#2 Consider the Eastern Orthodox Church. Priests in this church (my church) marry. You marry a lovely women and have lovely children and attend Liturgy regularly bringing your family up in the faith.

Pray

Lord Have Mercy on you Armando

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:17:47 PM »

Gods will be done....

Leave it to the will of God and God will guide you to the path you need to lead.

I agree, as far as marriage well Orthodoxy offers Priesthood and a Married life.

Lord have Mercy and Guide you on the path that is His Will Only.

In Christ,
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 03:24:16 PM »

Armando,

I don't want to divulge too much information, but I've been where you are now and gone through the whole process. More than once!

If God wants you as a priest, you're gong to be a priest. At 16 now, you have a lot of time to discern where you thnk you should be.

Don't put yourself through a lot of anguish over this, but instead pray everyday, and ask the Lord for His help on this question. Wait expectantly, but go on with your life. Have confidence that your answer will come.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 10:21:48 PM »

Well said Chris  Wink

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: