Author Topic: The word believe in the bible is misinterpreted  (Read 453 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
The word believe in the bible is misinterpreted
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:26:57 AM »
Jesus says he who believes in Me will never thirst
Jesus says he who comes to Me will never hunger
Jesus says he who believes in Me will never die

Yet we know even those who believe in Jesus do thirst physically and do not always do Gods will
But the bible says only those who do the will of God abide forever. Jesus also says My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me

Therefore I see believing as coming to Jesus and this must be done continually which is why we also take communion often which Jesus further explains as the bread later on

However communion does not profit much the person who doesn't prepare for it though he should continue to take it if he has a contrite heart and plans to stop sinning

it is also written this is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He sent
Our job is to make His thoughts our thoughts. This is not a human work and we don't do it without Him because if We believe all His words and make His thoughts our thoughts we would be naturally doing good works and we can't say this is works done added to faith because it is a natural result of believing all His words though it is a work to renew our minds it is what needs to be done to even be called believers because until we accept all his words our hearts do not really believe in Him. But when we do it is clear we believe in Him and that it is true that we will never thirst because His words change us
Paul said probably with reference to His word It is God who works in us to will and do for His pleasure. He even draws us to read the word of God. Our job is simply to sit at the feet of Christ and allow God to work in us and change our heart and thoughts so we naturally do good works
However we have to prepare ourselves to help others which may be painful but we are motivated by God

Interesting it is written in the book of acts and not another book which gives me more confidence the below verse. Because the book of acts does not concentrate on giving instruction but out of the many instructions they could have given they see this the most important. There is great power in the word of God in our lives

Acts 20:32(NKJV)
32 “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:48:58 AM by mikeforjesus »