Author Topic: Christian girl is arrested after destroying blasphemous art in act of zealotry  (Read 6488 times)

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos
I agree with William T of course but I'm going to steal the Kingdom of Heaven line next time someone asks where I was born.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Is Christ, like the 'prophet' Mohammed, really such a wimp that He can't take care of Himself? Do we really need to go around smashing things that offend us and, like the woman in the video, urge the state to put blasphemers to death?

One good thing about this thread is that reading through the posts makes it easier to understand how so many well-intentioned moderate Muslims could wind up supporting Islamic terrorists.

+1.

If we accept this, then who are we to complain about Muslims getting violent about Mohammed cartoons?
The cartoonists were killed by Muslims.Mila didn't kill anyone.No comparison

Excellent points, who here, or among the Orthodox is advocating the murder of people over cartoons, big difference between Orthodox like Mila, and the Muslim fundamentalists, in one case property is destroyed, in the other cases, people are killed. In hindsight, while I commend her zeal for the faith, maybe she should of just of started a protest, and push for the authorities to enforce the law on Blasphemy towards these folks, I mean she did violate the law of the land by trespassing, and then destroying someone property. I do wonder though why some are so against someone being zealous for Christ, and his Church? Didn't Christ say pick up a cross, and follow him? The accusations of prelest gets thrown around on OC.net a lot.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
I agree with William T of course but I'm going to steal the Kingdom of Heaven line next time someone asks where I was born.

You're from Toledo too?

Try the veal and tip your bartender.

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos

You're from Toledo too?

Try the veal and tip your bartender.
$7.77 tip
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland

Excellent points, who here, or among the Orthodox is advocating the murder of people over cartoons, big difference between Orthodox like Mila, and the Muslim fundamentalists, in one case property is destroyed, in the other cases, people are killed. In hindsight, while I commend her zeal for the faith, maybe she should of just of started a protest, and push for the authorities to enforce the law on Blasphemy towards these folks, I mean she did violate the law of the land by trespassing, and then destroying someone property. I do wonder though why some are so against someone being zealous for Christ, and his Church? Didn't Christ say pick up a cross, and follow him? The accusations of prelest gets thrown around on OC.net a lot.

Go back to the beginning of the thread, click on the link to the article and then on the link to the video. Although this woman didn't shoot the artist, she clearly states in the video that she wants the state to put blasphemers (and homosexuals) to death. Perhaps this is something other Orthodox believers support as well? I certainly don't. We need to choose our poster child with care.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:31:01 PM by FinnJames »

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
I would distance myself from a person who claims to be Orthodox and wants to bring the death penalty on certain sins in our society because that's the "Biblical" thing to do.

Indeed. I was hoping that this would be a case of a courageous Christian destroying idols, but I stopped watching the video after I heard her say that the penalty for assaulting God is death. I'm also not sure that an artistic display, as blasphemous as it may be, warrants such an act of destruction. It seems that when the saints destroyed idols it was usually because the state was forcing Christians to bow to those idols. But I could be wrong about that. What I do know is that Christ never advocated killing blasphemers.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH

Go back to the beginning of the thread, click on the link to the article and then on the link to the video. Although this woman didn't shoot the artist, she clearly states in the video that she wants the state to put blasphemers (and homosexuals) to death. Perhaps this is something other Orthodox believers support as well? I certainly don't. We need to choose our poster child with care.

OK I'll try to look at the video, yet I hesitate to give Theodore Shoebat more views, which means he gets more money from ad revenue, I only read a article related to Mila case. I didn't know she advocates breaking one of God commandments regarding murder, the ends never justify the means. I honestly just thought she broke some idols that blasphemies our lord. You know maybe a swift fine, and community service would be good law, yet Russians at times tend to be harsh, I guess. Well I guess she not my type of woman after all :(

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos
I would distance myself from a person who claims to be Orthodox and wants to bring the death penalty on certain sins in our society because that's the "Biblical" thing to do.

Indeed. I was hoping that this would be a case of a courageous Christian destroying idols, but I stopped watching the video after I heard her say that the penalty for assaulting God is death. I'm also not sure that an artistic display, as blasphemous as it may be, warrants such an act of destruction. It seems that when the saints destroyed idols it was usually because the state was forcing Christians to bow to those idols. But I could be wrong about that. What I do know is that Christ never advocated killing blasphemers.

Selam
He'd probably sit and eat with them.

Offline Seekingtrue

• Elder
  • I no longer post on this forum

Selam
He sat and ate with Judas Iscariot.Is Judas in heaven?

Offline RaphaCam

• Merarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
One good thing about this thread is that reading through the posts makes it easier to understand how so many well-intentioned moderate Muslims could wind up supporting Islamic terrorists.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos

Selam
He sat and ate with Judas Iscariot.Is Judas in heaven?
I think Judas is dead and was damned (but was he condemned?). These blasphemers aren't dead yet.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:10:48 PM by nothing »

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
Is Christ, like the 'prophet' Mohammed, really such a wimp that He can't take care of Himself? Do we really need to go around smashing things that offend us and, like the woman in the video, urge the state to put blasphemers to death?

+1.

If we accept this, then who are we to complain about Muslims getting violent about Mohammed cartoons?

I said "violent" - not murder.  Vandalism is a form of violence towards property.

Offline Seekingtrue

• Elder

+1.

I said "violent" - not murder.  Vandalism is a form of violence towards property.
you said Mohammed cartoons.Explain that

Offline RaphaCam

• Merarches
nvm, double post
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:21:16 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline RaphaCam

• Merarches
This is surely a much different thing from actually invading a garbage art gallery, which I would never do, but I had my little share of destroying blasphemy, when I tore a giant Baphomet on my university's wall, just like I've done to pictures of anuses. I hope that I'll never need to do it again, but if it comes to happen, I don't plan on confessing it. Would you? Sincere question.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:21:35 PM by RaphaCam »

Offline Porter ODoran

• St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Toumarches
  • Monahos.net: "Lawful Evil"; OC.net: "Chaotic Evil"
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA

Is it impotent of God to work thru his people? You'd explain away history and theology with your bon mot.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Is Shoebat really arguing that the Russian government is persecuting Orthodox Christians? Cause that is hilarious. On another note, that girl is awesome and I really want her t-shirt.
God bless!

Offline Seekingtrue

• Elder
 In 2012 Russia introduced a law making it an offense to insult religious feelings.Anyway if Mila supports death penalty we are not interested..

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk

+4
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.