Author Topic: My thoughts on those who were killed in Orlando shooting  (Read 563 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
My thoughts on those who were killed in Orlando shooting
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:51:33 AM »
Nothing happens without Gods permission no one can die unless God permits it. God never wishes harm on anyone  the book of Lamentations says. A sparrow falls not to the ground apart from God's will. He sometimes lets it happen to give free will to the wicked oppressors
Upon dying any of these victims could call on the name of the Lord and would perhaps be accepted or maybe because it is a special case prayer for the dead may benefit them
But anyone who lives a sinful life should know he is putting his life at risk or Jesus would rebuke me saying do you suppose these people were worse sinners then any other? No unless you repent you will all likewise perish. We all live a sinful life and can be subjected to death
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:57:27 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Bryan Paul

• Elder
  • Chrismated: 2015-08-30
    • Clueless Reader
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
Re: My thoughts on those who were killed in Orlando shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:58:34 AM »
But anyone who lives a sinful life should know he is putting his life at risk . . .
How will they know that when the entire world is telling them the exact opposite? Perhaps we should concern ourselves with our own sins more, and the sins of others less.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
This is alarmingly similar to Baptists wondering in Ann Frank found Jesus.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Bryan Paul

• Elder
  • Chrismated: 2015-08-30
    • Clueless Reader
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
This is alarmingly similar to Baptists wondering in Ann Frank found Jesus.
For the edification of those of us Orthodox who might not know how to respond to that (Anne Frank finding Jesus), how would you respond from an Orthodox perspective?