OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 05:01:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site of the Month (Please Read)  (Read 3002 times) Average Rating: 0
David
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« on: February 19, 2003, 11:32:06 PM »

Help us pick a site of the month for Orthodox Christianity.net!

Please list your suggestions for site of the month.  This can be a site you feel is well designed, has lots of information, or is especially edifying for Orthodox faithful and inquirers.  The site can be professional or amateur.  After a suitable number of suggestions are made, I will lock this thread and post a poll for you all to vote on the site.

The winning site will receive a writeup from one of the admins of Orthodox Christianity.net, prominent placing of the site's banner/link for the month it wins, and the webmaster can display this banner on the page:

Since today is February 19th, We will try to have the voting finished before the the 28th so the first winner can be the March site of the month.  Thanks for your help!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 08:53:52 AM »

If I can nominate 2 sites, I nomonate http://www.Monachos.net (mmmm, nachos!) and http://www.OrthodoxInfo.com as they are both well designed sites and chock full of patristic info.

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 10:08:09 AM »

Yea but everyone knows of Orthodoinfo and  gimme sum Mo'Nachos.

Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 10:12:11 AM »

Mmmm, nachos! Oh is it the "Obscure Site of the Month" then? Tongue Of course a banner with a link to us on a site that "everyone knows" would also funnel more traffic this way making sure everyone knows about OrthodoxChristianity.net too. Cheesy

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 10:24:23 AM »

Somehow, I doubt OrthodoxInfo.com would be willing to give us more traffic...

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 11:05:48 AM »

If I can nominate 2 sites, I nomonate http://www.Monachos.net (mmmm, nachos!) and http://www.OrthodoxInfo.com as they are both well designed sites and chock full of patristic info.

Of course, there is always the contentious Indiana Orthodox List, for which I've lost my hyperlink after a major 'puter frazzle.  If anyone has a direct hyperlink, puhleeze!!! give it to me---I miss being able to "lurk" on the Indiana Orthodox List.

Hypo-Ortho
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 03:14:36 PM »

Dear Hypo:

I am not going to give you the direct URL.  Instead, I am going to tell you how you too can find it for yourself  Tongue  Isn't that silly of me! haha  But really if you know how to search for it you won't have to worry about losing the link! Go to google and type Archives Indiana Orthodox and it should be the first one to pop up!

In Christ,

anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Frobie
Quasi Vero Monaco
High Elder

Rublev's Trinity

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 08:10:55 PM »

Monachos all the way. My full endorsement.

Matt
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 09:17:46 PM »

A bump for those who haven't seen this topic.  I'm going to let it go until Monday at which time I will lock this thread and start the poll.  Thanks for your cooperation!

-Yazid Ibrahim
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 08:40:25 AM »

Dear Hypo:

I am not going to give you the direct URL.  Instead, I am going to tell you how you too can find it for yourself  Tongue  Isn't that silly of me! haha  But really if you know how to search for it you won't have to worry about losing the link! Go to google and type Archives Indiana Orthodox and it should be the first one to pop up!

In Christ,

anastasios

Anastasios, I tried doing this without success.   I was subscribed to the Indiana List's Orthodox section too, but since my 'puter collapse, none of my old links will work.

Hypo-Ortho
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 09:07:27 AM »

Monachos all the way. My full endorsement.

Matt

I second (or third) that, Matt.  Monachos.net (to which I am subscribed) is an excellent, non-contentious site--good for spiritual reading and enrichment.

Hypo-Ortho
Nigula Qian Zishi
OC.net guru

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 10:03:31 AM »

Hypo, since you could not find it the way Anastasios suggested, here is the direct URL for you: http://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/orthodox.html

Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2003, 10:09:51 AM »

Hypo, since you could not find it the way Anastasios suggested, here is the direct URL for you: http://listserv.indiana.edu/archives/orthodox.html

Excellent, Nik.  Thanks!!!  The link you supplied worked and I'm back to "lurking" on all the Orthodox infighting.  Not very edifying certainly, but very educational about human behavior in some aspects.   Grin

Hypo-Ortho
David
OC.net guru

Retired GM

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2003, 09:51:26 AM »

Thanks for your suggestions!  The poll will be up in a few moments.

-Yazid Ibrahim
Tags: OC.net Notices 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: