OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 12:20:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't know why I live  (Read 426 times) Average Rating: 0
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« on: September 26, 2014, 02:57:24 PM »

I feel my life's worth is insignificant towards nothing. I don't see why I live. I am ugly, I am weak, I have no talent, I have no friends, no girlfriend, I am sinner, I come from a bad country, my life is nothing compared to those whom I am surrounded with and people of my age and a lot of younger people. I don't have their experience, and I have done nothing compared to them in this life, I don't have any joys, life, memories, talents, etc. I have been on a "dark night" since I am an adult, and I started thinking what am I doing here where I am. I am the least of all, everybody hates me, I am unattractive to ugly(so I already start with a minus in society), I come from a country with a very bad name(in the media and etc), I am very sinner, life doesn't really happen to me, it is just something boring like work home, home work, I am fruitless even in the circumstances where I am and what I am trying to do, and I am life sick.  I really don't see any reason for being where I am and feel like I am only unto worse and probably should be dead and whipped from every form of existence that ever there was. What CRIME did I do unto the sky to deserve all this? What worth and purpose does my life really have? I have kept saying to myself it has one and all this things, but I only feel I am deceiving and lying to myself. Why do I live? What is a man's worth?

"I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."

Robert Green Ingersoll
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 03:03:13 PM »

Sounds like Nietzsche's description of the "last man"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_man

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
Paisius
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Wherever the wind blows......

Scheherazade

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »

I'm sorry I don't have anything particularly encouraging to say except that many of us have felt the same way and many of us have found that it's not true. Having those feelings doesn't make you a bad person nor does it diminish you in the eyes of God. Nothing we do can do that.  Smiley

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frédéric Bastiat
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »

I'm sorry I don't have anything particularly encouraging to say except that many of us have felt the same way and many of us have found that it's not true. Having those feelings doesn't make you a bad person nor does it diminish you in the eyes of God. Nothing we do can do that.  Smiley

So how is the worth of one measured? Why does one live for?

Well... I don't really believe in God in that way.. Like "not in this world but the kingdom to come" way I mean.

"I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."

Robert Green Ingersoll
Paisius
OC.net guru

Scheherazade

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:44:24 PM »

So how is the worth of one measured? Why does one live for?

Well... I don't really believe in God in that way.. Like "not in this world but the kingdom to come" way I mean.

I don't know the answers to those questions. I do know that things change and that probably more often than not we don't understand the effect we have on others.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Frédéric Bastiat
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 03:50:28 PM »

I will pray for you.

Have you ever chanted the Paracleisis to the Most Holy Theotokos? Our Lady, the Theotokos, is always quick to hear those who honor her. Listen to it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6e9T1FpG8

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
quietmorning
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

St. Photini

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 03:51:36 PM »

Because you are exactly the kind of person the Lord is looking for.  

That's why.  

You can't take any credit for yourself.  Smiley  And He loves that in people.  What a gift.

I can't wait to see His work in you because I KNOW it's going to be wonderful.  

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:52:18 PM by quietmorning » Logged

In His Mercy,
BethAnna
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 03:57:01 PM »

Because you are exactly the kind of person the Lord is looking for.  

That's why.  

You can't take any credit for yourself.  Smiley  And He loves that in people.  What a gift.

I can't wait to see His work in you because I KNOW it's going to be wonderful.  

Perfect answer!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »

Do not despair.  Your worth as much as the people who value you.  And people are valued infinitely by God.  Thus you are quite valuable not just in God's eyes, but in our eyes as well. You are the most important person here because God thinks so.  In this I believe, you will find your purpose.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »

According to Fr. Alexander Schmemann's For the Life of the World, man is created to praise, worship, and glorify God as priest, prophet, and king.

We are to glorify God in our bodies. This is the purpose of our existence and will be the reason for our eternal life in Paradise where we will continue to worship God forever.

Turn to God in prayer, and He will save you.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »

Lord have mercy.

It may help you to go to Confession.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

spcasuncoast.org
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 04:57:49 PM »

Do not despair.  Your worth as much as the people who value you.  And people are valued infinitely by God.  Thus you are quite valuable not just in God's eyes, but in our eyes as well. You are the most important person here because God thinks so.  In this I believe, you will find your purpose.

people don't value me.

Robert Green Ingersoll
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »

people don't value me.
We are people here despite only seeing words on a screen than actual faces.  Any true believer in God would value you in the highest manner.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 05:14:48 PM »

people don't value me.
We are people here despite only seeing words on a screen than actual faces.  Any true believer in God would value you in the highest manner.

I don't think so. And I am mostly an atheist (agnostic/atheistic). So what are you talking about?

Robert Green Ingersoll
Paisius
OC.net guru

Scheherazade

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »

people don't value me.

I don't think so. And I am mostly an atheist (agnostic/atheistic). So what are you talking about?

They don't mean that you have to be a believer but that there are people who see value in you that you probably don't even realize.

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 05:22:56 PM »

people don't value me.

we value "almost atheists" too!

Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 05:34:27 PM »

If I worth something why doesn't life give me what I worth

Robert Green Ingersoll
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 06:31:48 PM »

If I worth something why doesn't life give me what I worth

Christ died on the Cross for you and for all of us. That God died for us sinners should show you how much God loves you.

He desires our salvation, but we must want to be saved.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »

Why do you think you deserve something exactly?

Thank you.
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »

Why do you think you deserve something exactly?

Cause assumingly everyone does or no one.

Robert Green Ingersoll
Nicene
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »

Why does everyone deserve something rather than nothing exactly?

Thank you.
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »

Assuming the theistic position that God is benevolent. If not they don't.

Robert Green Ingersoll
Nicene
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 10:20:57 PM »

So what's the ultimate thing God should give you exactly?

Thank you.
Skydive
Moderated
Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 04:23:16 AM »

GET OUT!

Robert Green Ingersoll
LBK
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 04:31:00 AM »

GET OUT!

Why do you keep shouting "GET OUT!" ?  Huh
Nicene
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 04:50:35 AM »

GET OUT!

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Thank you.
Indocern

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: by God

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2014, 06:05:01 AM »

I feel my life's worth is insignificant towards nothing. I don't see why I live. I am ugly, I am weak, I have no talent, I have no friends, no girlfriend, I am sinner, I come from a bad country, my life is nothing compared to those whom I am surrounded with and people of my age and a lot of younger people. I don't have their experience, and I have done nothing compared to them in this life, I don't have any joys, life, memories, talents, etc. I have been on a "dark night" since I am an adult, and I started thinking what am I doing here where I am. I am the least of all, everybody hates me, I am unattractive to ugly(so I already start with a minus in society), I come from a country with a very bad name(in the media and etc), I am very sinner, life doesn't really happen to me, it is just something boring like work home, home work, I am fruitless even in the circumstances where I am and what I am trying to do, and I am life sick.  I really don't see any reason for being where I am and feel like I am only unto worse and probably should be dead and whipped from every form of existence that ever there was. What CRIME did I do unto the sky to deserve all this? What worth and purpose does my life really have? I have kept saying to myself it has one and all this things, but I only feel I am deceiving and lying to myself. Why do I live? What is a man's worth?

You will find a sense in your life.
Paisius
OC.net guru

Scheherazade

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

GET OUT!

Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

What are you talking about?

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: