Author Topic: New Star Trek TV series coming in 2017!  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
New Star Trek TV series coming in 2017!
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:37:33 PM »
Teaser trailer.

Bryan Fuller, the man behind NBC's Hannibal and a writer on both DS9 and Voyager, is going to be showrunner alongside Alex Kurtzman.

While the presence of Kurtzman* makes it difficult for me to share Kayti Burt's hope that this will be return to something more akin to the TV series than the Abramsverse (though Kurtzman does, at least, appear to acknowledge that they need to get back to the show's roots).

Though, when I look back over the episodes that Fuller did the stories for, I find more episodes that I recall liking than not (Mortal Coil, Gravity, Bride of Chaotica, Empok Nor, Living Witness, Fury...) though I notice most of his stories were done with the help of others and of course I don't think he ever did the teleplays themselves, so it still gives me pause. Though with Hannibal, Fuller has shown himself pretty good at surpassing expectation for good or ill, so who knows?

What do you think?

*Not that I absolutely loathe the Abramsverse like wgw seems to, mind. Though, I liked the first one a lot better than I did Into Darkness and I agree that they follow the "dumb action movie mold" more than the best of the TV episodes did.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:45:00 PM by Volnutt »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!
Akathist Hymn- Glory to God for All Things

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: New Star Trek TV series coming in 2017!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »
This. Is. Awesome.

The only thing that could make this more excellent is if they decided to bring back Jean Luc Picard.
God bless!

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
Now delayed indefinitely I've heard? I mean, they're filming, so I assume it isn't on the cusp of being canceled...

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 10:40:52 AM »
I'm still waiting. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
If it's going to be an extension of the Abrams schlock then it's probably better off not getting off the ground.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • November is short. Type fast.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »
Now delayed indefinitely I've heard? I mean, they're filming, so I assume it isn't on the cusp of being canceled...

Scheduling conflict with TWD, I hear.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »
If it's going to be an extension of the Abrams schlock then it's probably better off not getting off the ground.

I enjoyed the Abrams movies.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 04:20:43 PM »
As far as I remember Abrams isn't involved, and it takes place in the standard/old timeline. I think it's set at a time just shortly before TOS. It's also on CBS all access or whatever it's called.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 01:40:30 PM »
I saw a seemingly legit video showing a new Klingon ship design (to go with the new Klingons themselves). Meh. I am getting more and more pessimistic about this. I didn't want to believe that Fuller gave up being showrunner because the higher-ups were forcing all sorts of trash onto them, but as more details leak out that does seem to be the reality. People are using words like 'soft reboot,' and I'm not even opposed to that if done well. Roddenberry and ST writers never focused on some strict canon that had to be kept, and certain parts of Trek have long been a confused mess. But all this stuff? Ugh.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Jurisdiction: God
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 02:47:11 PM »
The Universe is at stake, failure will only hasten assimilation into the Borg!
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »
I saw a seemingly legit video showing a new Klingon ship design (to go with the new Klingons themselves). Meh. I am getting more and more pessimistic about this. I didn't want to believe that Fuller gave up being showrunner because the higher-ups were forcing all sorts of trash onto them, but as more details leak out that does seem to be the reality. People are using words like 'soft reboot,' and I'm not even opposed to that if done well. Roddenberry and ST writers never focused on some strict canon that had to be kept, and certain parts of Trek have long been a confused mess. But all this stuff? Ugh.

I feel the same way about how the new series appears to be going. 

I think the Trek canon became more of a thing as time progressed, and was clearly in the minds of writers after TNG.  The weight of it can be daunting, I'm sure; but anyone who wades into these waters should be aware of that.  The rumors about CBS's top-down approach to control of the new series, along with the speculation about it being a far departure from the original timeline (and even potentially different than the Abrams movies timeline) don't inspire much confidence in me.  I waded through Enterprise almost as an obligation, and found some parts to be good (and others tiring, including the finale), but if the new one comes out and is a pile of garbage, it won't get me past a second episode (if that).
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »
Changing Klingons again and new Klingon ship design and who knows what else makes me wonder if the series will be worth it.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 06:41:29 PM »

I know Roddenberry was very focused on canon, as it applied to his utopian vision of the future of humankind .
I have read many books that said that his vision of the future was his guiding principle.

He was Inspired by science fiction greats such as Issac Asimov and H.G.Wells.
They both had a solid foundation of principle, along with the fantasy.
Asimov wrote the basis for Data later being accepted as a real officer in the Federation, and not just an assemblage of parts.

That was all Roddenberry .
He was inspired by Asimov canon of laws regarding robots.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »
Changing Klingons again and new Klingon ship design and who knows what else makes me wonder if the series will be worth it.

They already tried a lot of gymnastics to bridge the gap between the Klingons of TOS and TNG in Enterprise; if they're changed again, it's a clear break with any reality that currently exists in ST (and, IMO, is a big mistake).
I don't typically presume to speak for Mor
You can presume to speak for Mor.  

How in Mor's good name
one hundred fifty four posts
No Rachel Weisz pic

Selam

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:04 PM »

I know Roddenberry was very focused on canon, as it applied to his utopian vision of the future of humankind .
I have read many books that said that his vision of the future was his guiding principle.

Asimov wrote the basis for Data later being accepted as a real officer in the Federation, and not just an assemblage of parts.

I think the Roddenberry thing is, tbh, a bit romanticized. For example in the original series even the most level-headed, like Spock, sometimes had a 'cowboy diplomacy' mentality, shooting first and leaving questions for later; a "western in space" would be pretty boring without some action sequences, after all. I think the "positive vision for the future" Gene supposedly had, along with goody-two-shoes schtick of TNG, has been read back into TOS to some degree. Although, by 'canon' I meant not so much large themes, but moreso details of who was where in the galaxy, when this or that happened, how entire species acted or looked, or character quirks or motivations (one I have mentioned before is how, in later TNG episodes, the idea that Data can't use contractions is made into a significant plot point... despite Data using contractions in the first season).

Offline Vlad

• Elder
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:15:34 AM »

I think the Roddenberry thing is, tbh, a bit romanticized. For example in the original series even the most level-headed, like Spock, sometimes had a 'cowboy diplomacy' mentality, shooting first and leaving questions for later; a "western in space" would be pretty boring without some action sequences, after all. I think the "positive vision for the future" Gene supposedly had, along with goody-two-shoes schtick of TNG, has been read back into TOS to some degree. Although, by 'canon' I meant not so much large themes, but moreso details of who was where in the galaxy, when this or that happened, how entire species acted or looked, or character quirks or motivations (one I have mentioned before is how, in later TNG episodes, the idea that Data can't use contractions is made into a significant plot point... despite Data using contractions in the first season).

Let's not forget that Prime Directive. Was it EVER followed in TOS. I think the "western in space" is why I like the Original better. I like sci/fi to have action. I like TNG , but, Picard talks to much. I do think that Enterprise was a pretty good view of reality. Archer was a much more "real" Captain the best of both Kirk and Picard. It was like he had Kirk and Picard on his shoulders whispering to him what to do like the good angel bad angel motif.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:23:32 AM by Vlad »

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »
I guess my preference for TNG is based on my Utopian hope of a better world, I see no future for mankind in a shooting gallery.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 10:02:23 PM »
Hawt take (spoilers): Well that premiere was god awful. Like Zeus+Odin+Jehovah awful. Fear the Walking Dead was better than that (which I thought was also crap, but that's the best tv premiere burn I can come up with). I was mostly bored, though a little angry, watching it. I don't mind about redesigning Klingons (it was done before, as were redesigns of Ferengi, Borg, and others), how anachronistic the flashy tech is, or the social justice dialogue bits. What I minded was how boring it was, how the dialogue made absolutely no sense at times (usually while trying really hard to sound profound), and the flash-bang-wow-zoom-SPARKLE@!!! editing style. Oooh oh oh oh oooooh and don't forget the un-Starfleet-like twist of the main character assaulting a superior officer and trying to do a mutiny. Gee wow so amazing much unexpecteds! I'm actually kind of glad this is on a paid service from here on out, because now I won't be tempted to watch it again out of some misguided sense of loyalty to the franchise in general. Actually--is there any way I can pay to support it being canceled after the first season? (I guess not since, if the response on Twitter is any indication, many thought this show was just fine and dandy)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:04:34 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 12:36:37 AM »
I wasn't sure what to make of the premier.  I never seen a species redesigned as much as the Klingons.   :-\

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 06:01:02 AM »
Teaser trailer.

Bryan Fuller, the man behind NBC's Hannibal and a writer on both DS9 and Voyager, is going to be showrunner alongside Alex Kurtzman.

While the presence of Kurtzman* makes it difficult for me to share Kayti Burt's hope that this will be return to something more akin to the TV series than the Abramsverse (though Kurtzman does, at least, appear to acknowledge that they need to get back to the show's roots).

Though, when I look back over the episodes that Fuller did the stories for, I find more episodes that I recall liking than not (Mortal Coil, Gravity, Bride of Chaotica, Empok Nor, Living Witness, Fury...) though I notice most of his stories were done with the help of others and of course I don't think he ever did the teleplays themselves, so it still gives me pause. Though with Hannibal, Fuller has shown himself pretty good at surpassing expectation for good or ill, so who knows?

Gaaah! Why'd I say that I liked Fury of all things?? I can't even remember if that was a mistaken substitution for some other episode.

Anyway, I missed the premier. I need to find a way to watch it (Or maybe I'll skip it, I dunno. Sounds pretty bad. Maybe Trek is dead... again...)

Also, when I first came on this thread title after all these months, I couldn't remember if I started it or somebody like * did lol.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:06:01 AM by Volnutt »
The breath of Thine Holy Spirit inspires artists, poets and scientists. The power of Thy supreme knowledge makes them prophets and interpreters of Thy laws, who reveal the depths of Thy creative wisdom. Their works speak unwittingly of Thee. How great art Thou in Thy creation! How great art Thou in man!

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 06:03:00 AM »
I guess my preference for TNG is based on my Utopian hope of a better world, I see no future for mankind in a shooting gallery.

Even though TNG introduced the ultimate "shooting gallery" species in the Borg?

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 06:16:22 AM »
Hawt take (spoilers): Well that premiere was god awful. Like Zeus+Odin+Jehovah awful. Fear the Walking Dead was better than that (which I thought was also crap, but that's the best tv premiere burn I can come up with). I was mostly bored, though a little angry, watching it. I don't mind about redesigning Klingons (it was done before, as were redesigns of Ferengi, Borg, and others), how anachronistic the flashy tech is, or the social justice dialogue bits. What I minded was how boring it was, how the dialogue made absolutely no sense at times (usually while trying really hard to sound profound), and the flash-bang-wow-zoom-SPARKLE@!!! editing style. Oooh oh oh oh oooooh and don't forget the un-Starfleet-like twist of the main character assaulting a superior officer and trying to do a mutiny. Gee wow so amazing much unexpecteds! I'm actually kind of glad this is on a paid service from here on out, because now I won't be tempted to watch it again out of some misguided sense of loyalty to the franchise in general. Actually--is there any way I can pay to support it being canceled after the first season? (I guess not since, if the response on Twitter is any indication, many thought this show was just fine and dandy)

But one of the recurring plot points in TNG (Encounter at Farpoint, Conspiracy, The Drumhead, The Pegasus, Preemptive Strike, Insurrection *throws up in mouth*) and especially in DS9 is that a little principled insubordination up to mutiny is sometimes a good thing. Maybe it's badly handled in Discovery, though. I haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:20:14 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 07:01:47 AM »
Keep in mind that Star Trek TNG's first season is unbearably awful. Not that this proves the new show will improve... in all likelihood it won't.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:02:00 AM by Iconodule »
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 08:08:38 AM »
Keep in mind that Star Trek TNG's first season is unbearably awful. Not that this proves the new show will improve... in all likelihood it won't.

This is true. I guess it could still at least become mediocre like post-Season 2 Enterprise, though.

But on the other hand, as I get older and feel myself running out of time to read and watch everything I need to, I find myself losing patience with mediocre.

[Arbitrary channeling of orthonorm]It's all garbage anyway.[/channeling]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:10:44 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 10:32:34 AM »
I could have found out if CBS kept the show on the network.  I am not interested enough to used paid service to find out which way the show is going.

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »

But one of the recurring plot points in TNG (Encounter at Farpoint, Conspiracy, The Drumhead, The Pegasus, Preemptive Strike, Insurrection *throws up in mouth*) and especially in DS9 is that a little principled insubordination up to mutiny is sometimes a good thing. Maybe it's badly handled in Discovery, though. I haven't seen it.

MUTINEH! as the mirror universe Kirk shouted at Spock in the Brig of the original Enterprise in the original series was a common theme.  In the first season, Spock engaged in mutiny, in the second season Kirk disobeyed direct orders, and of course, we had the Mirror Mirror incident, and back in the First Season, the Mutiny of Khan and his fellow supermen, and the mass psychosis mutiny of The Naked Time, among several other episodes on this theme.

When Chekov asks in the beginning of the Season 3 Episode "Has their ever been a mutiny on a starship?" as it becomes evident the crew of USS Defiant killed themselves, and Spock answers "There are no such incidents on record," I LOL.  Even the last episode of TOS, The Turnabout Intruder, features Kirk posessed by a mad femle archaeologist who plans on executing half the senior officers for MUTINEH, as William Shatner liked to scream it, to be conducted in the phaser bay.

Then in the movies, in Star Trek, the Motion Picture, Spock violates orders and hijacks an ejection suit to explore and mind meld with the innards of V'ger, in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, the takeover of USS reliant is technically a mutiny, in which the junior officers are marooned by Chekov and Captain Terrell, stripped of their free will, Star Trek III features Kirk stealing the Enterprise from space dock and Scotty sabotaging the USS excelsior, Star Trek V features a full blown mutiny of the entire crew except Kirk, as Sybok brainwashes each of them, and Star Trek VI features a mutinous conspiracy against the Klingons by Lt. Valeris. 

Mutinies are far more common in the Original Series than Romulans.  They are as common a plot device as the transporter malfunction or the flawed demigod.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Anyway, I missed the premier. I need to find a way to watch it (Or maybe I'll skip it, I dunno. Sounds pretty bad. Maybe Trek is dead... again...)

By all means give it a shot if you can find a way of watching... apparently some people really did enjoy it.

SPOILERS ahead...

I think one of the things that threw me was the how and why. It was the main character, who we were supposed to be rooting for, who did it, and she was simultaneously presented as having good motives and probably being right, but also being unhinged. So you were supposed to sympathise because she was (probably) right in her fears, but at the same time it was hard to get behind her when she was being shady and unstable. This wasn't like a standard mutiny storyline, this was more like that time Data got messed up and took over the Enterprise to go and see his brother Lore--you root for Data as a character, but something about what was happening was just off, and you suspected what was going on probably wasn't going to end well.

The other thing about it was, at that point, they had just had exhausted me on the thing where they make characters do things because it's more dramatic, even if it doesn't seem to be necessary. For example at one point the main character left sickbay because she just had to deliver certain info to the bridge, even though her leaving and setting aside treatment was potentially fatal. Why couldn't she warn the captain over the intercom, or ask the captain to come down to sickbay? Why couldn't she at least try? Well, because it was much more dramatic for her to stumble to the bridge to deliver the crucial info, and it was oh so heroic to be willing to sacrifice herself to do so. That was the idea, anyway. But if there was any character building there, to me, it was: this woman is a bit of an idiot, besides being a loose cannon; and the doctor is also a bit of an idiot for not restraining her (the doc does, after all, have the authority to overrules commands of superior officers in such cases).

So by the point of the mutiny attempt, this character just seemed like such a jumble of stuff to me. There's no way I was trusting her or fully getting behind her, even though you could see that she was probably right in what she was saying. It might have been just being exhausted and bored by that point though, maybe I'm completely off base. Maybe if I ever watched it again I'd even see things differently.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:36:38 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 12:48:04 PM »
Has anyone here ever watched Blake's 7? Really fun 70's British scifi show, created by Terry Nation (of Daleks fame) and with the same acclaimed special effects as Doctor Who of the same period. It's basically a very bleak, dystopian Star Trek- imagine the Federation as a cruel totalitarian empire. The heroes are all criminals and terrorists running around in a stolen alien ship before they betray each other and are unceremoniously wiped out in the last episode. Also the love-hate (mostly hate) relationship between villainess Servalan and
antihero Avon is a joy.

Good fun.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 04:33:32 AM »
Ok, I've now seen the first two episodes and....

I liked them alright!

Paste the spoilerific text into www.rot13.com to get the translation.

Fneh vf uvynevbhf naq V vzzrqvngryl fuvc uvz jvgu Zvxrl. Zvpuryyr Lrbu vf nf pbby naq frkl nf rire (gur "jnyxvat va pvepyrf" fprar jnf njrfbzr) naq gur vqrn bs n Puvarfr-Ebznavna pncgnva vf cerggl pbby naq bhg bs yrsg svryq. V jvfurq gurl'q unir yrg ure qb fbzr znegvny negf, gubhtu!

V svaq zlfrys... abg vashevngrq gung Zvxrl vf fbzr xvaq bs Ihypna YNECre, ure crefbanyvgl (naq Znegva-Terra'f npgvat) ersyrpgf vg cerggl jryy juvpu tvirf zr ubcr gung gur jevgref pna evfr nobir gur vaureragyl sna svppl cerzvfr gung vf FCBPX'F YBAT YBFG UHZNA NQBCGRQ FVFGRE LBH THLF! Gubhtu V jnf n yvggyr qvfnccbvagrq ng n srj funqbjf bs gur Orezna-Oentn-Noenzf wnpxnff Ihypnaf, V gubhtug gur thl cynlvat Fnerx qvq na nyevtug wbo naq znxrf zr jbaqre vs uvf eryngvbafuvc jvgu Zvxrl jvyy or jung cebzcgf uvz gb zneel Nznaqn Tenlfba yngre ba. Gur nafvoyr zvaq zryq va gur frpbaq rcvfbqr vf cerggl fghcvq, gubhtu.

Gur qvnybt jnf whfg bx, V'ir pregnvayl urneq jbefr. V pna haqrefgnaq ubj fbzr jbhyq. Gur "fubbg svefg naq nfx dhrfgvba yngre" Fnerx jnf xvaq bs fgenatr naq cebonoyl zl frpbaq ovttrfg ceboyrz jvgu gur svefg rcvfbqr, gubhtu gur frpbaq rcvfbqr znqr vg n yvggyr orggre ol unexravat sbejneq gb fbzr bs gur uneq hgvyvgnevna pubvprf gung Fcbpx unq gb znxr. Gur nccyr qbrfa'g snyy sne sebz gur gerr, V thrff. Gur rkcynangvba nyfb urycrq Zvxrl'f zhgval tb qbja n yvggyr orggre. V qb nterr jvgu Nfgrevxgbf gung fur vf n ovg bs n whzoyr, ohg V'z ubcvat gung'f whfg orpnhfr fur'f n abg-Ihypna. V nterr gung ure tbvat ba oevqtr naq gur erqfuveg evfxvat uvf yvsr gb pbzr frr ure va wnvy jrera'g gur orfg. V'yy tvir gurz n cnff gubhtu orpnhfr ng yrnfg gur svefg guvat srryf yvxr fbzrguvat gung jbhyq unir unccrarq ba GBF.

Gur Ah Xyvatbaf qb obgure zr n yvggyr, ohg V guvax guvf vf gur svefg gvzr gung Xyvatba unf rire fbhaqrq yvxr na npghny, yvivat ynathntr gb zr, fb gung'f cerggl pbby (bs pbhefr, guvf pbhyq nyfb whfg or n shapgvba bs urnevat fb zhpu bs vg va n fvatyr fprar) naq tvirf zr n ybg bs erfcrpg sbe Wnzrf Qbbuna naq Znex Bxenaq. V yvxr gur ybbx bs gurve grpu n ybg zber guna V gubhtug V jbhyq, V whfg fbzrgvzrf jbaqre vs V jbhyq yvxr vg n ybg zber vs gurl jrera'g Xyvatbaf. Sbe n frpbaq va gur svefg rcvfbqr, V sbhaq zlfrys ubcvat gung gur boivbhfyl abg Xyvatba pbzzhavpngvbaf neenl jnf npghnyyl Uhe'D grpuabybtl naq jr'yy frr gurz va shgher rcvfbqrf, ohg gung zvtug whfg or zl snaobl vafgvapgf.

V yvxrq G'Xhizn naq jvfu gurl'q fghpx jvgu uvz, ur sryg yvxr n GBF Xyvatba nyzbfg-zber erfgenvarq ohg oevyyvnag naq hggreyl qvnobyvpny. Gur xybnxnxnmr znahrire vf fbzrguvat V pbhyq gbgnyyl frr Xbe be Xnat qbvat (naq Trareny Znegbx gb na rkgrag), abg fb zhpu gur Ragrecevfr be Ah Gerx Xyvatbaf. V nyfb yvxr uvf fxrcgvpvfz bs fcnpr qvcybznpl. Qnat vg, gur ivyynva unf n cbvag nobhg Srqrengvba phygheny vzcrevnyvfz! V qvqa'g svaq uvf Xyvatba Anmv fpugvpx nf pevatl nf V cebonoyl fubhyq, gubhtu. Xyvatba Znelyva Znafba ybbxf yvxr ur unf fbzr cbgragvny jvgu uvf onpxfgbel, naljnl, fb V ubcr ur znxrf n tbbq ercynprzrag.

Zl fvatyr ovttrfg ceboyrz (bgure guna gur qrngu bs Zvpuryyr Lrbu, gubhtu fbzrguvat gryyf zr ure fgbel vfa'g bire) jnf gur pbecfr obzo. N cerrzcgvir fgevxr vf bar guvat, ohg ubj ln tbaan unir Fgnesyrrg qb fbzrguvat gung'f rira ntnvafg gur Trarin Pbairagvba?! Vg jnf njshy naq vaqrsrafvoyr naq V ungr vg. Vg nyzbfg znqr zr jnag gb dhvg gur fubj.

Nfgrevxgbf, jung FWJ qvnybt ner lbh gnyxvat nobhg? Gur bayl guvat V urneq gung zvtug dhnyvsl jnf gur Nqzveny'f yvar nobhg ubj Zvxrl fubhyq xabj nobhg orvat pnhtug orgjrra phygherf be fbzrguvat yvxr gung, gubhtu vg unq rabhtu nzovthvgl gung vg pbhyq rnfvyl whfg unir orra nobhg ure Ihypna hcoevatvat, abg ure orvat oynpx. Bs pbhefr, Nagubal Encc naq Jvyfba Pehm unira'g unq n fprar gbtrgure, lrg. Abg ybbxvat sbejneq gb zl qnq'f pbaavcgvba svg vs gurl npghnyyl fgneg znxvat bhg bs fbzrguvat...

Nf sbe gur fcrpvny rssrpgf, V yvxrq gurz sbe gur zbfg cneg. V qba'g svaq gur yraf synerf nf onq nf V gubhtug V jbhyq sebz gur genvyre. N yvggyr naablvat va n pbhcyr bs cnegf ohg zbfgyl V qvqa'g abgvpr.

V jnag gb frr zber bs gur Pnechfphynaf! Lnl sbe cha anzrf!

Fb, V'yy xrrc jngpuvat sbe abj. V'z pnhgvbhfyl bcgvzvfgvp.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:34:00 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Merarches
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 04:49:20 AM »
Oh, two more things.

The theme sequence is OUTSTANDING and I hope Garth of Izar shows up and acts as nutty as he did in Whom Gods Destroy (probably not going to happen, but I'd like it to).

Offline Indocern

• BANNED for rules violations
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 04:42:17 AM »
It is very nice series.