OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 11:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My heart to this board  (Read 1096 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: August 16, 2005, 12:34:45 AM »

God first and last

Beloved All

God bless you all

I came here to share with this board what I have learn over the years loving God and his son
Jesus Christ born unto Mary over 2,000 years ago in the flesh

Now I know we may only see eye to eye on 80% of the bible but that does not mean I do not
love the same God as you do

Now I did not come here to begin a fight about any thing but it seems like some have ask me about
a subject called three as one being

But I just do not see it but I do not push my beliefs on you or at least I am try-ing not to do that

I have not pock fun at others treads and if there is the love of God here people either would not read my treads or they read them but they never pock fun at my treads unto you

Now I could learn to be evil but that not me

What are they saying about The Orthodox Chruch that it pushing evil and hate to others

If I was part of that church I would not stand for evil like I seen on this board

They wanted to stone me and then when I gave them my home address they called me crazy

But like I learn on a shot

A man sat in a chair and told the other he could jump on him from the top rope but the man in the chair moved letting the men on the rope hit the chair

Now they could of trow rocks at me but I live in Ky where we believe in shoting rock salt back but I
believe it never come to that

Most people just talk a big talk

They believe making fun of me would chase me off

guess what I not runing but I am thinking that I can not learn from this place

Its love what makes God truth move

Now I post on evil boards that are set up to talk evil and I can deal with that but a board that claims to be filled with believers

That all I know to say now

with love because God tells me to love everybody and a holy kiss because God tells me to greet brothers and sister with a holy kiss and my name is Roy because that is my name

NULL
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 01:30:21 AM »

Roy,

You and us worship different Gods. We worship the Christian God, who is three-in-one, a Trinitarian relationship of love between three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You worship another god, who is not the same as ours. We can share none of the bible because we are coming to it with different Gods. The nature of God is beyond our understanding. Our limited minds cannot grasp how God is three yet one, but this is the truth, and if God were completely comprehensible, He would not be God.

This is the most important thing you could learn here. If you love the God of the Bible, then you need to learn of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is all anyone here can say to you, and if you choose to reject God, we have nothing else to do but to ignore your ideas, because it is like if a hindu, a muslim, or a buddhist came here and posted about their beliefs. Interesting, maybe, but ignored, except to try to present the truth of the Preeternal God, the Father, the Eternally Begotten Son, and the Holy Spirit, to them.

I'm glad to see you're not leaving, because you have that most important thing to learn--that the Christian God is the God you have been meaning to worship, though you are currently mistaken. You can learn about Christ, our Lord, God, and Savior here.

Qui cantat, bis orat
djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 02:07:34 AM »

Hey Roy, here's an article that may help you understand the Trinity better:

www.copticchurch.net/topics/theology/ The_Meaning_of_the_Holy_Trinity_fr_abraam_sleman.pdf

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 08:49:40 AM »

Guys:

Roy can't leave this website. I think that he thinks he is doing us a great service by expounding his beliefs and interpretations in the hope that some of us will "see the light" and convert to his way of thinking. My main concern is that weaker or newer members to the faith and to this site, especially those coming from evangelical backgrounds where anything goes, will get sucked into his babble. In another thread he quotes the Essene Gospel Grin . Go figure. Anyway, on the flip side, if Roy does stop posting on this site I'll miss all of the cogent rebuffs given by my other Orthodox brothers and sisters. Yet, appeals to him seem worthless. It's like talking to an alcoholic who does not seem to think that he has a drinking problem.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
S_N_Bulgakov

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 10:08:18 AM »

Dear Roy,

I came here to share with this board what I have learn over the years loving God and his son
Jesus Christ born unto Mary over 2,000 years ago in the flesh

Yes,.. the only problem with that is that you are not sharing truth with us. No matter how sincere and love-filled your intentions may be,.. Your words are simply not true. You are speaking words that distort the truth of the Gospel. We, in our turn, have shared the truth with you, we shared the truth that lives in our hearts; the Lord Jesus Christ and His Spirit by Whom we know and have intimacy with the Father.

Now I know we may only see eye to eye on 80% of the bible but that does not mean I do not
love the same God as you do

Not necessarily Roy.

The 20% we disagree about is precisely the heart of the Bible. You may believe in all its other things, but without its heart (as we have shared it with you) the Bible is life-less and dead. This is what we recognize in your words and revelations. And that is why we reject it.

Now I did not come here to begin a fight about any thing but it seems like some have ask me about
a subject called three as one being

I assume you refer to the Most Holy Trinity here. He, the Blessed Trinity, is our God. We have no other.

But I just do not see it but I do not push my beliefs on you or at least I am try-ing not to do that

Than by your own admission we worship different Gods. We worship the Threepersoned God as revealed in the Bible, whereas you worship another god. One that the Bible and Tradition do not hesitate to call a demon. You are putting yourself at risk by worshipping this demon instead of God. God, the Trinity, is the One who wants to save you. The demon wants to drag your soul down into hell. It's really that simple and that serious.

I have not pock fun at others treads and if there is the love of God here people either would not read my treads or they read them but they never pock fun at my treads unto you

True.

It is our response to unwelcome messages that might hurt spiritual seekers on this forum. We do not want the danger you put yourself in, to endanger them as well. We therefore wish to stop this danger. If you will not listen, than perhaps, we have to try another approach. The ridicule, my friend, is one you have called upon yourself. It is as if St. Elijah the Prophet is mocking the priests of the demon-god Baal again.

Now I could learn to be evil but that not me

What are they saying about The Orthodox Chruch that it pushing evil and hate to others

If I was part of that church I would not stand for evil like I seen on this board

As we, Orthodox, will not put up with untruth promoted as truths upon the authority of someone who is not even a Christian.

They wanted to stone me and then when I gave them my home address they called me crazy

But like I learn on a shot

A man sat in a chair and told the other he could jump on him from the top rope but the man in the chair moved letting the men on the rope hit the chair

Now they could of trow rocks at me but I live in Ky where we believe in shoting rock salt back but I
believe it never come to that

Most people just talk a big talk

I am sorry,.. but I cannot make out what it is you are trying to say here,.. Were you ruffed up by Orthodox? Physically?

They believe making fun of me would chase me off

guess what I not runing but I am thinking that I can not learn from this place

Its love what makes God truth move

Indeed, so whynot accept His love and join us who are being saved?

Now I post on evil boards that are set up to talk evil and I can deal with that but a board that claims to be filled with believers

That all I know to say now

Roy, you have not met evil on this board. You have met with evil when you rejected the Gospel of Christ. Unknowingly you have met the evil one and accepted his misrepresentations of things we have said and done. Pls shake him off, and look at us, or better yet, look at Christ and let Him save you.

with love because God tells me to love everybody and a holy kiss because God tells me to greet brothers and sister with a holy kiss and my name is Roy because that is my name

Riiiight,.. ok. Fine, your name is Roy. Huh

S_N_B

For scripture says, God is seated where He is known  (Pr 11 :16) ; and thus the pure nous is said to be a throne of God.

[Evagrios the Solitary, Peri Logismoi 41
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 12:35:47 PM »

I'm gonna post this in the other thread with graceheart7's comments:

gh7 has a point, folks.  It's one thing simply to read and then ignore year2027's posts; no one HAS to read them in the first place.  It's another thing to go into this passive-agressive thing (at least, I think that's what this is) and deliberately go way off topic.  The former reaction leaves no opinion whatsoever about the speaker.  The latter openly states, "You don't matter; your thoughts don't matter; they are worth less than talking about this kind of food or drink."

I don't want to say you can't think this.  Many of us do think Roy's thoughts are way out of line with what the Bible and the Church teach.  But let's practice silence in the future.  It's more fitting of us as Orthodox, anyways...

Pedro

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
year2027
Banned

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 06:10:17 PM »

God first

Beloved Pedro

God bless your heart

yes silence is better than foolish fighting

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

PS no one has to agree with each other we just have to love each other

NULL
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 09:31:10 PM »

The trick is agreeing (such as having One Faith as there is one Christ and One God and One Truth and One Body of Christ on earth) and loving each other at the same time.

Qui cantat, bis orat
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: