OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 23, 2014, 06:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for a troubled teenager...  (Read 2354 times) Average Rating: 0
Armando
Dead among the living

I gave up dreaming a long time ago...

« on: August 15, 2005, 12:39:33 PM »

I am in serious need for prayers, my brothers in Christ.

First of all, I wish to choose the right path. I think about becoming a Roman Catholic priest but have doubts.
1: I would really love to have a family instead of becoming priest. 2 daughters and all... And move back to England.
2: I want to choose the right path! Roman Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy? I need guidance from God because
on my own I am powerless to choose.
3: I have a teenage crush on a girl and I fear she might not fancy me... I know it's a silly thing to ask from God but hey, I am a teenager...If I don't act all stupid now, when will I?

I also have trouble with parents, smoking and school.
Please Orthodox, RC, Copts...everyone...pray for me.
I am begging you to pray from the bottom of your heart for me.

God bless you all.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:41:16 PM by Armando » Logged

Ten years have passed, the girl I loved
is now a woman, but I am still a child...
-Sad-ending fairytale, Miltos Paschalidis
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 01:26:16 PM »

Armando,
 Although I am a sinner and unworthy I will pray for you.ÂÂ  You are sooooo young right now, that all of life's choices can seem overwhelming.ÂÂ  It is easy to be impulsive when you are so young, naive and searching for answers.ÂÂ  Pray.ÂÂ  Don't give up on the Orthodox Church which started with the Apostles; and unlike Roman Catholicism has not added to or changed its doctrines.ÂÂ  Just try to keep an open mind and don't just converse with RC priests...talk to Orthodox priests also.ÂÂ  All men are fallible and sin.ÂÂ  Don't judge Orthodoxy by one priest who may not be representative of the truth of the church.

God bless you,  ÃƒÆ’‚  Juliana Smiley

ps.  Not to sound too motherly but smoking stunts your growth and is a waste of money!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:27:35 PM by jlerms » Logged
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 01:36:50 PM »

Armando, you have my prayers as well.

hmmmm...
orth_christian2000

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in Canada

He must increase, I must decrease...

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 01:52:20 PM »

Prayers for you, Armando.  And I absolutely second what Juliana said.

In Christ,
Theodore(Ted)

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 02:22:41 PM »

"Armando"--if that is your real name---

Are you the same person who posted as goreds_5 in ten posts during  March of this year? The reason I ask is that both you and he have similar troll-like behaviors (trotting out quotes 'proving' the Pope of Rome is the head of Christianity, even though these issues have been well dealt with in the past) as well as very similar e-mail addresses.

Be that as it may, you clearly are in need of help. I will pray for you, but I also ask that you listen to what we write to you. In a quote war with the Orthodox, you will find that the weight of patristic evidence points to an affirmation of the Orthodox position.

However, what is more important than quotes is in listening to what the Church actually did when forced to decide this question. Four out of the five Patriarchs or Popes stayed in communion with each other, and did not agree with Rome.

Why is this important? Because the Holy Spirit, which guides all to truth, is present when 'two or more are gathered in His name'. No one is individually infallible or can individually personify Christ.

Christianity seeks a relationship with Christ and with others through Christ, and that is the central point of the Faith. This is why eucharistic communion is necessary and relevant, and why it is preserved so carefully.

Because of this, you have left the known Body of Christ to go elsewhere. Yes, you need our prayers and we will pray for you, but will you listen to the testimony of history and the Spirit regarding the Eternal Truth that is hrist?

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah..."

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 05:36:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 05:51:05 PM »

Prayers......

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 03:45:13 AM »

Lord have mercy.

I will certainly pray for you. I pray that God will open your eyes to the truth in Holy Orthodoxy that you seem so close to rejecting and that you will understand all that you currently misundrstand about the faith. I will also pray that you become less hung up on frivolities (like shorter services and western vestments!) but that will probably come naturally with age and maturity. You are still very young.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Timos
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 09:20:06 AM »

Armando, you and I are probably about the same age and I face similar struggles at school and at home. My Archbishop wanted me to go to seminary right away after highschool. He even announced it on the podium at church and sent me an offical letter and all that and at first I thought it would be a good idea. But now I am not going anymore because I am so young and I need lots more experience in my life. Also, to be a priest or even living in the context of a seminary might rob you of your few years of youth you have left.

that does not mean you have to live a sinful, care-free lifestyle, but for now maybe you should just gain more experience in life as I am trying to do. Hang out with your friends, explore possiblecareer choices to lean back on justi n case, date, live your age.

I guess as a child that was my problem I always tried to act like an adult and I didn't get a chance to participate in activities with other kids my age as much I would have liked. Don't make a mistake you'll regret and just take things slowly.

I'm not trying to give you advice or anything, just friendly talk teen to teen.

H Panagia mazi mas,
                              Timos
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 12:12:26 AM »

Sure I'll pray for you  Cool
djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 01:54:33 AM »

prayers for you Armando, keep searching until you are certain, never give up!

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: