Author Topic: Please Pray For a Relationship Threatened By So Many Obstacles  (Read 1656 times)

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
I am currently in a relationship in which many obstacles, both current and potential, threaten its being sealed at the Holy Altar. She is too precious for me to lose, and we have already come a long long way together — emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. Although we seem quite compatible in all the aforementioned fundamental aspects of a relationship, I consistently have this fear (some may call it a paranoia — but I wouldn’t) that I am not good enough for her, that I am too unworthy of her, and that one day it will all coming crashing down on me. I am trying to change a lot of things in my life to “earn her” so to speak, and as such am being motivated and encouraged to become a better person, a better student, a better potential husband, and most important of all, a better Christian.

Please pray for our relationship, that Christ may have mercy upon, and grant His unworthy servant the strongest desire of my heart - my beloved Mary - though according to His will, and not to my own. I know that her entering my life was a miracle, and I truly believe and experience the love of God that I see shines through her. We are approaching the days in which the threatening obstacles need to be dealt with; they are not easy to overcome, and I really need some miracles.

Peace.
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline Veniamin

• Fire for Effect!
  • Archon
  • St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery
Re: Please Pray For a Relationship Threatened By So Many Obstacles
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 10:47:52 AM »
Lord have mercy
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 11:17:57 AM »
Lord have mercy!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 12:30:58 PM »
Lord have mercy on EkhristoAnesti and Mary.

Offline Donna Rose

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 01:09:11 PM »
prayers, Lord have mercy.
hmmmm...

Offline Timos

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 08:56:10 PM »
Di evkhon ton agion pateron kai miteron  imon, kirie isous christe eleison kai soson imas.

Salawat al kidiseen

Through the prayers of our holy fathers and mothers, Lord Jesus Christ our God have mercy on your servant EA and on us all.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 09:29:38 PM »
Kyrie eleison.

None of us are worthy of our wives and the mothers of our children- they are living Saints.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 12:34:40 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline S_N_Bulgakov

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 05:32:51 AM »
Lord have mercy!
For scripture says, God is seated where He is known  (Pr 11 :16) ; and thus the pure nous is said to be a throne of God.

[Evagrios the Solitary, Peri Logismoi 41

Offline SakranMM

• Elder
  • Most Holy Theotokos, save us!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 01:39:31 PM »
Kyrie Eleison.  May God bless your relationship and guide it according to His will, in His good time.

In Christ,

Michael
"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."

Offline coptic orthodox boy

• Elder
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 03:44:19 PM »
IC XC NIKA
EA,
The Lord give you His peace.
I recall that you said you had a fetish with women's elbows.  I was wondering, if perhaps, this ladie has the "perfect" elbows you are attracted too?
in XC,
shawn

Offline ania

• Life according to Abe Simpson:
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 03:54:31 PM »
God help you.
Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 09:06:54 AM »
I really appreciate all your prayers; I don't have much people to ask to pray for things like this, since i'm a rather "independent" person, so your prayers mean alot, thank you.

Peace.
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus