OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 07:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray that I get a girlfriend where I'm going  (Read 1300 times) Average Rating: 0
StGeorge
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

St. George

« on: August 21, 2005, 02:56:49 PM »

Hello.  I begin grad school at a school in Ohio in less than a week.  My undergrad experience was extremely miserable, and I kind of want this school to be a new start.  The school has a lot of nice people in it.  However, deep down I am concerned that notwithstanding the fact that everyone is so nice, that I will be ignored and will be very lonely, because I'm different.  I would also appreciate it if you could please pray that I have a girlfriend where I'm going, either a Catholic one who attends the school to which I'm going, or an Orthodox girl I meet while looking at the Orthodox churches in town.  I guess I also would like to be healed of physical problems that I am having, as well as depression and social anxiety.  What I really desire is peace, but I haven't been able to find it yet, even after praying to God for it.  I am becoming somewhat despairing about God's goodness, and I wish that I knew experientially that God is merciful, too.  Thanks for praying!  Smiley

Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 03:07:30 PM »

I will pray for Peace for you.  Please pray for me too.

James Bob

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:33:55 PM »

prayers for peace and God's will in your life...Lord have mercy.

hmmmm...
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:51:50 PM »

My prayers also for you to find peace and relief from your physical ailments.

The romantic stuff will solve itself in tmie. Back in my day (I'll bet you're tired of hearig that phrase...) I always found romance when I was never even thinking about it.

Perhaps it is because in those times of not concentrating on finding a romantic partner for myself, instead I was concentrating on other people: their lives and needs. This period of altruism then had me primed to make connections with others that later blossomed into something more than friendship...

I don't think you're being selfish (which my message here may be construed as being a warning about or whatever after I re-read it). It's just food for thought. If God wants you to find a romantic partner, trust that He will make it so in His good time and His good way.

In the meantime, you should concentrate on your salvation through living for Christ and others. Then, when both of you are ready, you will meet each other.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
StGeorge
High Elder

St. George

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 08:34:11 PM »

Originally Quoted by chris:

My prayers also for you to find peace and relief from your physical ailments.

The romantic stuff will solve itself in tmie. Back in my day (I'll bet you're tired of hearig that phrase...) I always found romance when I was never even thinking about it.

Perhaps it is because in those times of not concentrating on finding a romantic partner for myself, instead I was concentrating on other people: their lives and needs. This period of altruism then had me primed to make connections with others that later blossomed into something more than friendship...

I don't think you're being selfish (which my message here may be construed as being a warning about or whatever after I re-read it). It's just food for thought. If God wants you to find a romantic partner, trust that He will make it so in His good time and His good way.

In the meantime, you should concentrate on your salvation through living for Christ and others. Then, when both of you are ready, you will meet each other.

Thank you for your post.  I try not to think about it, but the feelings are very strong and seem to be stronger than the mere thoughts.  I try to help others, and I do actually help a lot of people around the neighborhood, but whenever I do the feelings come up and interfere with me, even though I get the jobs done and people appreciate my help. 

I'm not giving excuses or complaining.  I'm just trying to understand how to get out of this.  Huh 
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 09:08:04 PM »

Prayers and patience for you.   Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on your servant.  Amen.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: