Author Topic: British people beliefs.  (Read 539 times)

Raylight

British people beliefs.
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:52:51 PM »
According to a survey conducted by YouGov based on the data of 234144 adults found that 46% of the British call themselves Christian, 46% None, and 8% Other.

As for the beliefs of the British people in general, a survey conducted on 39,000 people found that about 44% definitely do not believe in a Creator, and about 22% definitely believe. And based on 12,000 Christians, the survey also found that 41% of Christians in Britain definitely believe in a Creator, while 18% definitely do not believe.

The source/For more British people more likely to believe in ghosts than a Creator. (2016, March 26). Retrieved from https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/03/26/o-we-of-little-faith/

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Re: British people beliefs.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 11:58:41 PM »
And based on 12,000 Christians, the survey also found that 41% of Christians in Britain definitely believe in a Creator, while 18% definitely do not believe.
What on Earth are they putting in their teas?
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Daniel2:47

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Thyateira & Great Britain
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:37:05 AM »
And based on 12,000 Christians, the survey also found that 41% of Christians in Britain definitely believe in a Creator, while 18% definitely do not believe.

Many people in Britain would tick the box "Christian" on a census or survey, but they mean the cultural elements of Christianity (Christmas, visiting old churches occasionally, or just being a white British person who may have been christened as a child as it was the done thing). Whilst I don't have a lot of time for contemporary Anglicanism even with their pervasive liberalism, I still think the larger majority of church attendees would definitely believe in a Creator... Whether their Creator is the same as described in the historic Creeds of the church, or if they would describe Him as "it/she/a life force" is another story...

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 09:57:46 AM »

Many people in Britain would tick the box "Christian" on a census or survey, but they mean the cultural elements of Christianity (Christmas, visiting old churches occasionally, or just being a white British person who may have been christened as a child as it was the done thing). Whilst I don't have a lot of time for contemporary Anglicanism even with their pervasive liberalism, I still think the larger majority of church attendees would definitely believe in a Creator... Whether their Creator is the same as described in the historic Creeds of the church, or if they would describe Him as "it/she/a life force" is another story...
I see. Maby urban people in Brazil identify as Catholic while having little faith, no practice and maybe even actively practicing or believing some form of syncretism, but I would never expect such a figure as 18% of our Christians being staunch Atheists, this just strikes me as bizarre.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth