Author Topic: The point of "Christian News" section  (Read 546 times)

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
The point of "Christian News" section
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:56:09 AM »
Is there any?

In 1/3 threads there are those massive messages in green that successfully stop the discussion in most cases, the other 1/3 of threads is moved to "Religious Topics". What is the point? Why not to have it locked and start all threads that would go there in "Religious Topics"?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: The point of "Christian News" section
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
Is there any?

In 1/3 threads there are those massive messages in green that successfully stop the discussion in most cases, the other 1/3 of threads is moved to "Religious Topics". What is the point? Why not to have it locked and start all threads that would go there in "Religious Topics"?
Why are you asking that here? This thread is locked pending moderator review. If you wish to ask this question, then please do so via the correct avenue: private message to Fr. George.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
Re: The point of "Christian News" section
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:13:15 AM »
Is there any?

Mike,

You know full well that this post is inappropriate:

1) The rules are the rules, and I can't help it is posters put them in a forum that has 'no debate' rules.

2) I also can't help it if people can't control themselves enough not to post in a manner that breaks the rules.

3) I'm also unable to force people to take the topic and create a new topic in a forum where the 'absolutely-necessary' arguing and hair-pulling must happen.

4) There is absolutely, positively no necessity for anyone to post or argue here simply because one feels like it.

5) Whinging does not constitute Board News.

If you don't like the rules, you also know that starting a thread is not how you deal with your problem.  The site owner sets the rules, and the communication route is through Fr. George, not a public melt-down.  Yes, it is Lent and Lent is hard for us all, but this is bad judgment of a epic variety for an experienced poster.

You are receiving a 25% formal warning with the hope that you will learn this time.

If you wish to appeal, do so with a PM to me rather than another thread.

Thank you for choosing OCNet!

-Father Giryus
General Fora Moderator and Assistant Complaints Processor
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.