OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 11:10:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lets talk about peoples bodies as eggs  (Read 7277 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: August 09, 2005, 07:01:20 PM »

God first and last

Lets talk about people bodies as eggs

Beloved friends here I am trying to put to words what I feel to be true in my inner spirit which hopes I can help one soul see things in a differ light.

Ok lets say our bodies are a egg and the life of the egg strays living as a egg until it breaks. Our body being the egg and the egg life is in the shell of the egg.

But the inner of the egg is the spirit of Christ growing in you or lack of the spirit of Christ growing in you. To put things simple the egg is either infertile or fertile.

An infertile egg would be the same as a person who has never believe in God or Christ and has no seed of Christ in them making their egg when broke just an egg but the fertile egg when broke you will have a embryos that is broke out on its own a living spirit or chick.

So if the persons body is like a egg and the person has the seed of Christ living in them and if they break out of their body they will be come a living Christian or a new creation like Christ.

The new birth is no more than what we hope for and has not come yet because we are still seeds or eggs waiting for the return of Christ to be born.

But a question I would ask are there many returns of Christ with one final when mankind destroys all life as we know? To say it simple when person dies is that their personal return of Christ or must they stray dead until a day set up before.

But that would mean that all that die before Christ came that were waiting for the first coming were waiting in vain. I say they did not wait in vain but they have rose first and they have been born unto incorruption past tense.

The bible talks about the dead risen after Jesus Christ die and rose from the dead. Look there was Moses with Jesus Christ in the air. The dead in Christ have rose first but we are the living in Christ who are caught up in the air when we die to the flesh.

Yes the alive in Christ met each other in the air until the last return of Christ when there are no more to rise because of all life is gone. Nothing left to die so Christ recreations every thing in the spiritual realm destroying death.

With love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:12:15 PM »

Yay for chilli with habanero peppers!!!  What's everyone's favorite spicy food??

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:21:15 PM »

Mexican salsa roja, especially when served with refried beans, cactus, and corn tortillas.

Qui cantat, bis orat
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 09:59:59 PM »

A good Indian goat vindaloo will knock out anything that Mexico can concoct

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 10:03:56 PM »

Excuse me for intruding, but is this a secret code thing?  I have noticed that any posts by year2027 seems to always get sidetracked on food stuff.  What gives??
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 10:16:50 PM »

Excuse me for intruding, but is this a secret code thing?  I have noticed that any posts by year2027 seems to always get sidetracked on food stuff.  What gives??

Better to talk about food than engage something that's incoherent...

Soooo...

Aw, yeah, CF!  Nopales (cactii) make me happy!  And I firmly believe there's not a chili in existence that's too hot for me, I must say...habaneros included...

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
jlerms
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 10:29:50 PM »

Brother Pedro, 

Ok, now I understand what is going on here.  However, I find it kind of immature and "highschoolish" to just change the subject on this poor man.  It is obvious that this fellow is a bit "eccentric" but IMHO it would be more honorable  to leave his messages un-answered, rather than this childish game of snubbing.  Better for year2027 to think no one is interested in his subject matter....it seems more a more christian way to behave.

Please forgive me if this offends you.   God bless,  Juliana Smiley
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 10:42:20 PM »

It's better than people arguing or trying to instruct the poor man in Christian beliefs when he will not hear them...At least this way we get to talk and share and maybe some good will come of it.

What kind of spicy food do you like, Roy?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:43:23 PM by choirfiend » Logged

Qui cantat, bis orat
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 11:16:41 PM »

Bah. Indian food is weak. If you want the *real* spicy stuff, you have to go to Thailand. A nice fresh green curry will blow away anything India can produce.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 12:19:12 AM »

Thai food is great; habaneros are great....

but give this former New Orleanian his own jambalaya recipe for his favorite spicy dish!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 01:39:35 AM »

Thai food is great; habaneros are great....

but give this former New Orleanian his own jambalaya recipe for his favorite spicy dish!

Mmmmm...Thai Shrimp Curry....
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 02:03:41 AM »

Aw, yeah, CF!  Nopales (cactii) make me happy!  And I firmly believe there's not a chili in existence that's too hot for me, I must say...habaneros included...

I double dare you to try a Naga Jolakia (where's that burning smiley?) Smiley
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 03:39:43 AM »

First of all . . . what is so special about the year 2027

Second of all, I personally see nothing wrong with traditional American Buffalo strips and wings.  They'e tasty and bearable . . . however, for something really good and spicy, there is nothing better than this little Indian Place after 1st Avenue and on 7th Street . . . or is it 3rd street!  They have some unpronouncble beef thing that hits the spot.

Also, while I'm mentioning it, I know a Russian woman that can make a cow's tongue quite spicy and hit the spot.  A little paprika and Russian vodka can go a long way

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 04:07:25 AM »

First of all . . . what is so special about the year 2027
in the year 2027 earth will take the form of an egg and crack!

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2005, 05:40:25 AM »

in the year 2027 earth will take the form of an egg and crack!

I think some of us have already cracked

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005, 06:52:41 AM »

Thai food can be quite spicy, yet I object to their use of coconut in everything. Ok maybe not everything. But to me coconut is for cocunut cream pies.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005, 07:05:51 AM »

Did you know that coconut milk was used for intravenus drips during the 2nd World War in the Pacific. A needle was punched straight into the coconut providing a sterile solution when medical supplies were not forthcoming.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 08:16:20 AM »

In the year 2027, the Toronto Maple Leafs, will have just won their 10th Stanley Cup in a row (a record) and will have surpassed the lowly Montreal Canadians as the winningest team in NHL history.

My son will be named playoff MVP for the Leafs (he will give a short speech, thanking none other than yours truly for the countless hours on the ice).

Oh, and I'll go for a New York City think crust pizza over anything else (except maybe Cevapi and Burek  Wink).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 08:17:31 AM by SouthSerb99 » Logged

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2005, 09:28:10 AM »

Did you know that coconut milk was used for intravenus drips during the 2nd World War in the Pacific. A needle was punched straight into the coconut providing a sterile solution when medical supplies were not forthcoming.

That's coconut water.
Coconut milk is the diluted juice pressed out from the white flesh of the coconut.

yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2005, 10:36:11 AM »

That's coconut water.
Coconut milk is the diluted juice pressed out from the white flesh of the coconut.

Indeed. And the best source for it are the unfortunately somewhat difficult to find in this country young coconuts -- a coconut in a thick white husk, containing about 2 cups of sweetish coconut water and a few ounces of a jelly-like meat. Delicious.
prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »

That's coconut water.

[homer] Doh! [/homer]
[slaps forehead]
graceheart7

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 03:13:42 PM »

Firstly I would like to address the people that write a reply to Year2027 and then everyone who has ridiculed this man in the past and are reading this now....ur replies are an insult to Lord Jesus Christ and the Body of Christ (His Church, not built with Human hands)...secondly if u do not love ur brothers how can u confess to love Him (Lord Jesus Christ).ÂÂ  The fact that u write about food, while denying the message this man brings, dishonours Lord Jesus Christ, and also His people,ÂÂ  says a lot that u r in ur stomachs not His heart...in the realm of the flesh and appetite (lust)...not the Spirit....touch not His annointed do His prophets no harm, for this is His body....the fact that u ridicule shows that u r void of His understanding...and His love and His way...that every one of His people, children that He has chosen are a part of His body....and a part of each other and if u attack and ridicule one member then u do it to all of us.

And the Love of Christ does not come out of any of u, but out of Year 2027 for His love of Christ......and His brothers and sisters in Christ, out of this man's beautiful loving heart.ÂÂ  

People come here, Unbelievers andÂÂ  look at u and what u write,and they think this is His real Christianity, when it is not, it is only a poor copy substitute, that has a form with no power and definitely no love.ÂÂ  No wonder there is hatred for His people and His authentic Christianity, because of this copy masquerading as His real...for His real would never do what u people have done.ÂÂ  U r suppose to be Christ's amabassadors, no wonder u all struggle in ur faith, for the god of this world...is the god of the bellies and the god of the flesh...and the god of this world is not the God that created this world....and is no god at all....and that u think more of ur stomachs than u do of Lord Jesus Christ and ridiculing this man, who is His and has given up his time to post this message to u, of which u r like the people in Ninevah ....This man is my Brother in Christ and I love Him and how dare u all do this to Him....when u ridicule the least of His, u do it to Lord Jesus Christ....amen.

Shame on all of u....

Haven't u all read, that those that offer His messenger a drink of water, will receive that prophet's reward...but the reward that u seek u will not receive while u behave and are so in ur fleshy hearts and ways...repent for He is near and the Kingdom of God has come near all of u.....and if people will not receive His messengers then the dust is shaken off of feet and it shall be as in the days of sodom and gomorrah.....for the prayers of the saints are going up to the throne of Heaven, about this right now as we speak...every one of u for every one of u has behaved like adulterous children .....and we have a powerful and big God....for it is a time of repentance, recompense and reproving and u do not know the season for if u did, u would not do this or be like this nor would u treat, our Brother like this.

and there is a huge fall coming...why do u think there are so many storms happening at present and all sort of crisis, in this year of the Lord and u will be apart of this fall
, unless u repent and turn to Him and He will heal u of ur blindness and hardness and stubborness of heart.....so the veil can be lifted off ur eyes and u can see...for if u could see, u would not do such a thing or be a part of ridiculing His people.  ÃƒÆ’‚  

Rejoice over her, thou heaven and ye holy apostles, and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.ÂÂ  Revelation 18:20

and many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.ÂÂ  And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgement now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.ÂÂ  

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgement; 2 Peter 2:2-4

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleaness, and despise government.ÂÂ  Presumptuous are they, self willed they are not afraid to speak evil of dinities....2 Peter 2:10

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished 2 Peter 2:9  ÃƒÆ’‚  

from Zion Abraham
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 03:30:06 PM by graceheart7 » Logged
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 03:41:38 PM »

welcome! What an intro! Hope you enjoy yourself! What church do you go to?

Qui cantat, bis orat
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 03:45:47 PM »

year2027/graceheart7 you're only allowed one account. At least I hope you're the same people, unfortunately I cant see your ip's, but hopefully we dont have two kooky evangelical protestants posting on this thread.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 05:13:43 PM »

Especially two with some very similiar idiosyncracies in their posting style.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
year2027
Banned

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 09:29:04 PM »

God first

Dear FOOLS

WHEN YOU TALK EVIL TO ME I WILL FORGIVE YOU BUT WHEN YOU TALK EVIL TO A SISTER IN CHRIST I SAY TO STOP IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST WHILE YOU HAVE FLESHLY LIFE

But for the ones who read my words and do not answer because they do not want to be attacked by the foolish ungodly men of flesh God bless your loving hearts glad I could help

I know now the loving people on this board are few but I got some loving personal private messages so I know you are here

As for the evil man here you have made my post read by more than might of read me before by making them long

A son of the most high God brother of Jesus Christ with power from on high Roy

NULL
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 09:37:21 PM »

Brother of Jesus Christ, eh?  You're St. James, then?

Besides, when did we lower the bar on what constitutes evil?  When I hear "evil," things like putting puppies in blenders come to mind, not saying that someone has two accounts.  Man, you know the world's gone to the squirrels when you can't even get good evil these days.  Tongue

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 10:15:48 PM »

Dear FOOLS

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, 'Thou fool', shall be in danger of hell fire."  Matthew 5:22

A son of the most high God brother of Jesus Christ with power from on high Roy
So no "holy kiss blowing our way" then eh?

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 01:42:27 AM »

Graceheart

You're new.  Go back and read the rants that this man has posted and you will find that he does not believe in the Trinity or Jesus as God. Many people have tried to reason with him. Many have tried to defend the faith once delivered to the apostles. These food chats are because we have given up.  Yes 2027 needs our prayers but we will no longer indulge in his lunacies and rants. What arrogance he has to call himself a prophet. Look at the saints of old how their whole being was clothed in humility many reluctant to even speak the words of God out of fear and reverence.

graceheart7

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 01:03:32 AM »

Hello out there,

Graceheart7 and Year 2027 are not one and the same.ÂÂ  We are both apart of the body of Christ, the only true church of Lord Jesus Christ...for this church can not be divided or split. And man has not made it.... Also we live in two seperate areas of the world, and we love each other, why because of Lord Jesus Christ....Year 2027 posts from His heart and what He is meant too, because this is what lights up the unloving within each one of us, and the Spirit rejoices with the Love of Christ when it touches the hearts of His people...we are Brother and Sister in Christ.ÂÂ  

Now I have come out of my rest in Him, Hebrews 4 period, because it deeply effected me ur replies, and He compelled me to....and this man is a brother in Christ and He is in process as is every one of you and every one has been in cahoots with the spirit of error...for all fall short of the Glory of God...Romans 3:23.

Also if u have lost paitence with what year 2027 posts, that is the realm of the impatient, and that is not the fruit of the Holy Spirit....Also u r not understanding what He is posting, for Year 2027 is deeply His, and who can judge the spiritual or heavenly man or witness.....for I understand what He posts by the Light and love of Him.......and about the seed and the soil and about the egg as a body.....the physical body, the spiritual body and the Heavenly Body....and all of them are like eggs and each has a yoke within them....and if u make fun of the Yoke, then u r making fun of the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit.....and the Yoke of Christ...the very soul and Spirit of Him and within each one of us.ÂÂ  For if we have Him in us, that is who is in Us...Him....Heaven In Me....John 14:20.ÂÂ  At that day they will realise I am in My Father, and Ye in Me, and I in You.

And those that make fun of evil, really are void of understanding, and he speaks to me, like reprobate silver ....Year 2027 does believe in Lord Jesus Christ....Lord Father, Jesus Son, Christ Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit.....Yahweh, Yeshua, Yochanan...and He has witnessed to me that Year 2027 is His and is a part of the Body of Christ....and I am to join Him in Here and stand with Him..and also another has it in His heart as well to stand with Year 2027 as well...and the three fold cord can not be broken, nor can when the brothers and sisters in Christ join Here as well....

Also The Body of Christ have the annointing of Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of Him, and u can read about this in Isaiah 11 as well we also have the Faith and Authority of Lord Jesus Christ, the Rod and the Staff, and we can either come to u with a rod or with a shepherd's staff...and definitely the Rod came yesterday...and so did the fire of Him...and it will go through and burn all the chaff away and leave the ash to be blown away by His beautiful winds of change..for that is what His fiery Grace/His burning Grace does.....for the Holy Ghost is the fire of Him.....The Body of Christ stand together, and we only need to ask Him, and there will be more of us that will come into this ministery if u do not repent and clean up ur act, for they will hear the call and just come ...for ministeries and message boards that pertain to be Christian and for LordÂÂ  Jesus Christ, need to reflect Lord Jesus Christ....being His light, Love, Truth, Spirit, Power, Glory, Majesty, Honour, Blessings, Boldness etc.....as well as humility....and His beautiful Grace is our Yoke that we must bear...and there are many different graces.....and if u can not Love ur brothers and sisters in Christ, then How can u love Him? And we are a virtuous body, and we do stand together....for He gives it to us too....and we do as led by Him....for we are under subjection to Him, for He is all there really is..and we also do not put up with scoffers either....we go to Him about it....and He hears us and answers our prayers....for the prayers of the saints are a beautiful fragrance to Him and they do go right up to the throne of Lord Jesus Christ...ÂÂ  

And now for those of u who do know who the body of Christ is, it is the only Church and it is built by Lord Jesus Christ, and no man can join, only those that are truly His and He invites into His Body.....it is a divine calling....for as He is a living God so is His Body....a living breathing organism and are one....by Him, through Him, with Him, in Him, for Him and He is our Head....He is the very breath, Light and Life of the body...and His river of Life flows through this body...for it is not dead but alive....

1 Cor 12 and the spiritual Gifts...

1 Cor 12

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth  ÃƒÆ’‚ Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversitities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
to another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
to another the working of miracles; to another prophecy, to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit dividing to every man severally as He will.

1 Cor 12 1-11

And about the Body of Christ....

For as the Body is one, and hath many members and all the members of that one body, being many are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members everyone of them to the Body, as it hath pleased.
and if they were all one member, where were the body?
But now are they many members, yet but one body.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary.
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members of particular.ÂÂ  
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Are all apostles?ÂÂ  Are all prophets?ÂÂ  Are all teachers?ÂÂ  Are all workers of miracles?
Have all the gifts of healing?ÂÂ  Do all speak with tongues?ÂÂ  Do all interpret?
But covert earnestly the best gifts; and yet show I unto you a more excellent way… 1 Cor 12:12-31

That is through His love.

What my concern would be for each one of u, is if u do not know who the Body of Christ is, then u r not a part of the Body of Christ and that would be a huge concern and major priority especially for these times, because u r not deep in His heart or in His Mind .....if they would turn unto Him, He would Heal them of their blindness......for their is a temple not made with Human Hands and the Lion and the Lamb are the temple of it and from out of that flows His beautiful river of Life....

And now I will pray for this site because it concerns me, for each one of ur hearts....and that u r not operating in the fullness and completion of Him.....and I feel a deep sadness for everyone of your hearts and souls....

oh Lord Jesus Christ, flow your beautiful river of Life right through this forum and also to all forums.ÂÂ  Flow your beautiful blood, that is so precious to each one of us, flow out ur beautiful life giving water and ur beautiful Spirit of Grace...Lord Jesus Christ flow over and cover these people here, may they know ur earthly and heavenly witness, cleanse them deep within where no light has ever seen and burn away and purify the evil that lay within...May they love U deeply and may they love ur people,as u love us and may their eyes, ears be opened and ready to Hear from and receive ur beautiful messages, no matter who they come through, may they also have a deeper understanding,and no longer be focused on the physical or on the world, but only on You and on Heaven........Oh Lord thanku for freeing the captives and that we can set the captives free...for we are free to Love.....thanku Lord Jesus Christ, for u r so precious to us, as is ur precious powerful name, in Lord Jesus Christ, amen.

Zion Abraham

« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:43:58 AM by graceheart7 » Logged
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 01:58:10 AM »

You're right, the Church cannot be divided, nor can it have division within it. God is Truth, and the Church is the Body of Christ, who is Truth, so the Church has the Truth--not your truth, or my truth, but The Truth, which is held inviolate, undivided, and complete. Those in the Church, the Body of Christ, believe this Truth, and the Truth cannot be divided. So the belief is not divided, but it is One. And if you do not believe the Truth, the true beliefs about the Trinitarian God and experience communion with Him in His Body, you are without the Truth, and without the Church.

The Church is not an invisible mass of believers who all believe different things that contradict each other and divide Truth. It is the physical and spiritually enabled Church on earth that ministers to men both physically and spiritually. This Church, the one who has preserved the Truth about God and is the very Church established and led by the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, is the Orthodox Church. It can be seen passing down the Truth, person to person, physically, never changing the Truth into lies, forgetting the Truth, or allowing for the Truth to be lost by teaching anything but the Truth. This is the Orthodox Church.

O Lord, open the eyes, heart, and mind of Thy servant that he may be enlightened with the fulness of Thy glory and the knowledge of Thy truth.
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Qui cantat, bis orat
S_N_Bulgakov

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 03:59:54 AM »

I suppose a square hamburger at Wendy's with a large rootbeer is off topic?

S_N_B

For scripture says, God is seated where He is known  (Pr 11 :16) ; and thus the pure nous is said to be a throne of God.

[Evagrios the Solitary, Peri Logismoi 41
SeanMc

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 04:02:41 AM »

I suppose a square hamburger at Wendy's with a large rootbeer is off topic?

I'd like one of those, but maybe not a rootbeer.
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 04:05:33 AM »

Yeah, thanks guys. Our Dormition Fast just started...but the root beer sounds good. Think I'll go raid the 'fridge.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
dantxny
OC.net Mineshaft gap
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Russian

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »

Is it just me or has Wendy's hamburgers become less and less square?  Or maybe I should have paid attention in geometry.

"If you give the average Frenchman a choice between a reforming president who would plug the country's huge deficit and a good cheese, he would probably opt for the cheese." - Stephen Clarke
I think the French may be on to something here.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »

Is it just me or has Wendy's hamburgers become less and less square?ÂÂ  Or maybe I should have paid attention in geometry.

Eh, I'm not much of a Wendy's fan.  Give me Burger King any day.  Well, no, not any day.  Wednesdays and Fridays are obviously out.  Wink  Besides, fast food is soooo bad for you; why would you want to indulge in it any more than absolutely necessary?

SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2005, 04:31:57 PM »

Eh, I'm not much of a Wendy's fan.ÂÂ  Give me Burger King any day.ÂÂ  Well, no, not any day.ÂÂ  Wednesdays and Fridays are obviously out.ÂÂ  WinkÂÂ  Besides, fast food is soooo bad for you; why would you want to indulge in it any more than absolutely necessary?

You've got the analytical skills to make a great lawyer one day!!!  BK over Wendy's any day, although I'm getting chest pain just thinking about both.  Do I smell a lawsuit?  Wink

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 04:35:48 PM »

You've got the analytical skills to make a great lawyer one day!!!ÂÂ  BK over Wendy's any day, although I'm getting chest pain just thinking about both.ÂÂ  Do I smell a lawsuit?ÂÂ  Wink

Total class action suit!  Anyone want to volunteer to stuff themselves so we can have some lead plaintiffs?

S_N_Bulgakov

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 05:17:01 PM »

But guys,.. I really like Root Beer Shocked

The reason I love Wendy's is that my family went to Taco Bell and I got sick over the food. Next time around they went to Taco Bell I was saved by Wendy.

Ever since I'm her biggest (tho not yet Garfield sized Wink ) fan.

S_N_B

For scripture says, God is seated where He is known  (Pr 11 :16) ; and thus the pure nous is said to be a throne of God.

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2005, 08:03:17 PM »

Nobody mentiones Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)  Tongue

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2005, 08:05:03 PM »

Nobody mentiones Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)ÂÂ  Tongue

One deep pocket threat to the public health at a time, my friend.  Wink

Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2005, 08:53:48 PM »

I really like Root Beer

I really like beer, does that count for something?

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2005, 08:55:04 PM »

I really like beer, does that count for something?

Only if its Guinness. Cheesy

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »

Wait a minute ! Wait a minute!  Aren't we way off base. Wasn't this discussion originally about eggs?  I like mine over easy.  Tongue

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2005, 09:13:59 PM »

Wait a minute ! Wait a minute!ÂÂ  Aren't we way off base. Wasn't this discussion originally about eggs?ÂÂ  I like mine over easy.ÂÂ  Tongue

Okay, they're your arteries, after all... Shocked

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2005, 09:20:09 PM »

"V"

I think eggs have been demonized for too long.

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2005, 09:28:25 PM »

"V"

I think eggs have been demonized for too long.

Well, they are high in cholesterol.  If you just eat the whites, though, they're much healthier, as well as having very few calories.

To egg whites!!!

SeanMc

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2005, 10:00:11 PM »

Yeah, thanks guys. Our Dormition Fast just started...but the root beer sounds good. Think I'll go raid the 'fridge.

Wouldn't the Dormition fast be on Saturday? (it would in the West if they still had one).

Well, they are high in cholesterol.

It's good cholesterol, though, but the kind in olive oil is even better.
SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2005, 10:32:46 PM »

Wasn't cholersterol anathematized in the 9th century.  Grin

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2005, 12:59:16 AM »

I like Guiness, so that's fine with me.... time for a pint!
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »

Guys:

Roy can't leave this website. I think that he thinks he is doing us a great service by expounding his beliefs and interpretations in the hope that some of us will "see the light" and convert to his way of thinking. My main concern is that weaker or newer members to the faith and to this site, especially those coming from evangelical backgrounds where anything goes, will get sucked into his babble. In another thread he quotes the Essene Gospel Grin . Go figure. Anyway, on the flip side, if Roy does stop posting on this site I'll miss all of the cogent rebuffs given by my other Orthodox brothers and sisters. Yet, appeals to him seem worthless. It's like talking to an alcoholic who does not seem to think that he has a drinking problem.

SouthSerb99
Site Supporter
Archon

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »

Yet, appeals to him seem worthless. It's like talking to an alcoholic who does not seem to think that he has a drinking problem.

Alcoholic?  Reminds me of a T-Shirt I once saw.

"I'm not an alcoholic.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall down... see, no problem".  or

"I'm not an alcoholic.  Alcoholics go to meetings".

Guy from my office

Hungry? Click Here
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2005, 12:38:05 PM »

posted in the "my heart" thread as well:

gh7 has a point, folks.  It's one thing simply to read and then ignore year2027's posts; no one HAS to read them in the first place.  It's another thing to go into this passive-agressive thing (at least, I think that's what this is) and deliberately go way off topic.  The former reaction leaves no opinion whatsoever about the speaker.  The latter openly states, "You don't matter; your thoughts don't matter; they are worth less than talking about this kind of food or drink."

I don't want to say you can't think this.  Many of us do think Roy's thoughts are way out of line with what the Bible and the Church teach.  But let's practice silence in the future.  It's more fitting of us as Orthodox, anyways...

Pedro

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
graceheart7

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

I am sorry I have been offline, but have seen Roy banned now on this forum.ÂÂ  I also see a breath of hope with Choirfriend and Pedro, and what was posted, that all of you are not in your stomach's, flesh.....that Rachel indeed wept in the desert for all the children that were not, and He has wept.....for all His children, that are not and need to be and should be deep in Him...for He has been outside many people's doors and has the daughter of Zion right alongside with Him that people are not letting in or going into His body....stuck in the world's ways and systems which are not His...and they are caught up into this, simply because they will not go into the wilderness with him.....or up the mountain....

Lead us up the mountain, lead us to a place your Glory dwells God.....(coming forth through Matt Redman)

There are three that bear witness and they are one, but there is a doubling that people forget, there are three in Heaven and three in earth (1John 5:7-8) and the one in earth is the river of life, we have within us...the blood the water the Spirit .....and the world's orthodox system is not His, and I can see from this forum, through out this post, that indeed there are many who say they are His, behave in ways, that tell me and speak to me, they are not His.ÂÂ  And if You were, You would be in His Spirit, there is no way you would be writing what you are writing and wasting a lot of people's time, who come here and do want to discuss about Lord Jesus Christ, and I won't even go down the path of alcoholism..... And for the one that is concerned about all the people that are new in the faith and concerned about what Roy posts or posted, I would be a lot more concerned at present with this forum's inability to be loving and graceful.ÂÂ  And if you don't like something, mate lets kick it out, or lets do the woman caught in adultery thing.........when the truth is, each one of you need to search your own hearts.....and so what does come to me is about the woman caught in adultery and they wanted to stone her.ÂÂ  Anyway, it is about casting the first stone and being without sin.........and also about being down right pharisees and saudeecees, unloving.
  ÃƒÆ’‚Â
We alsoÂÂ  need to remember we are all in our process, everyone has error/s in their lives, everyone is in error in their walk, and everyone all fall short of the Glory of God, otherwise why would we need Lord Jesus Christ if it was not so.....and that includes the errors of the earthly body, that masquerades itself as the body of Christ, that people look at it, and think it is the authentic when it is not....It is just a form with no power.ÂÂ  And I am so glad it is so, for His Body, His beautiful Bride of Zion, is a beautiful royal diadem on His head is also in Her process and who will be and is being raised up from the wilderness and people will be astonished by what will come out of Her ...and also please remember when David was going through his thing with Saul, he would not violate, or harm Saul in anyway, even though Saul was in error....because Saul was God's annointed, and He was deeply greived when Saul and Johnathon was killed for the message is this....

touch not my annointed, do my prophets no harm, for this is my body.....

And if u were really interested in reaching Roy for Him, you would have reached out in Lord Jesus Christ's love, you would have born fruit, you would have understood process and Roy would have heard you as you would have heard him.....and you would not have treated him badly......for what Roy was concerned about, that the Love of Him, was not flowing out of you and this forum.....and that you were not operating in the fullness of His Spirit.....

Zion Abraham.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 04:44:41 PM by graceheart7 » Logged
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »

OKAAAAAAAY  I THINK WE GOT ANOTHER ONE Roll Eyes

graceheart7

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2005, 06:13:15 PM »

No u don't have another one  Cheesy

....for I am His and He is mine..... Grin

And why are u not living the orthodox teachings...that u r required to live?  but caught up into hypocrasy aserb.......unless the orthodox system is not a true system....for people bear the fruit of what they are caught up into.... 

And isn't the orthodox system is about that people in this system live in the purity of Him and His truth and His teachings and His Church the body of Christ.....and are suppose to be ambassadors for Christ?  And doesn't that require to welcome strangers, and for those that did, were entertaining angels unaware....for His angels are ministering spirits.  And doesn''t also require to write about Him?

And why are u not being loving aserb?  For ur one sentence response reveals more than u think it does....His light shows up so much

How u treat His people is how u treat Him.....

This song has come to me at present....and in Honour of our Lord Jesus Christ, who bore the weight our sins and punishment and died to set us free....

On this altar I stand
With my hands lifted High,
I want to draw close to You
Your Joy in my life

I Call with all the angels
and singing songs of Praise
Feel your love surround me
Wash my fears away

How I love to
how I love to sing about You
And Your peace falls down

How I love to
How I love to sing About You
And Your love shines down

How I love to sing about You

and Peace falls down....

Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy Holy.......(coming forth through Chris O'brian)

touch not my annointed, do my prophets no harm for this is my body...   

Zion Abraham
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2005, 08:10:50 PM »

I think graceheart is Roy

Zion Abraham HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Be nice gracie, your last post was mean spirited.

Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2005, 08:21:44 PM »

I think graceheart is Roy

Ditto.  Think Bobby could check up on the IP address?

browneyedgirl

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2005, 09:27:52 PM »

me three.   Smiley
graceheart7

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 11:55:37 PM »

U r wrong and in error....Roy and I are not the same person, nor do we live in the same area.

and Aserb u need to becareful about saying His people are being mean spirited....for if we have Him, we have His Spirit within us, which is a part of His river of Life....the oxygen and breath part....and we breathe in Him....and that Spirit is not mean.
Also no where in the bible does it call us to be nice, loving yes, kind yes, nice no....and Jesus at times said things that upset people....like get thee behind me satan when dealing with Peter and calling the pharisees blind guides that strain out a gnat while swallowing a camel.....

ÃƒÆ’‚ Satan is nice when he wants to deceive u.....and u r not even being nice, nor were u to Roy, being kind, loving  nor were u graceful.....we are required to be loving

We are called to speak Truth in the Spirit of Him, as He moves us and this always ties in with His written word when we are not in error but in the beauty of Him and follow what He gives us and don't judge it, for we have only one judge......

And I am not Gracie....for Grace is named after His Spirit of Grace, of which u r being given at the moment...Heart is named after His heart and 7 is the number of Spirits of the Holy Ghost...and Zion after His daughter and Bride and the new Jerusalem; Abraham, u can go and ask Him about that...and if u were deep in Him, u would have recognised this, instead of having a go at the name.

And so the question to u is this, why r u not loving?  But being condescending? ÂÂ

blessed r they that call u evil and will depart company from u, and Roy did receive a huge blessing when he got banned from this board, for he no more has to deal with u...and u r in the hands of our maker.....the potters' at present....

and as I said before u really r unwise for u do not know what this season is....

Zion  Abraham
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 11:58:45 PM by graceheart7 » Logged
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2005, 07:05:55 AM »

Okay, Roy and Gracie's repeated condemnations of all of us for attempting to instruct Roy have been bugging me and I think I've finally figured out why.

It's the double standard of the whole thing.  The whole "When I criticize you, I'm rebuking you in love, but when you criticize me, you're showing how black-hearted you are" attitude that they show.  It boils down to the standpoint that whatever the "in-group" does is inviolable and God-filled, not because of any objective Truth, but because it's the "in-group."  It's a lot like that clique of high school girls who decide what's cool and what's not simply because they say it is.  What Roy and Gracie claim is essentially that when Roy came here and started proclaiming his truth, he was preaching as a result of the Holy Spirit, but when we responded with the Truth proclaimed by the Church, we were pushing our beliefs on him and weren't in Christ.  That when Roy started telling us to come and kill him, he was submitting to our abuse, but when we stopped trying to engage in serious discussion with him, we were being inhospitable.  What Roy and Gracie claim, in essence, is that we're wrong not because of any outside, objective, absolute truth, but because we're not part of their clique.  If we're part of that group, we can do no wrong, but if we're not, we can do no right.  Thus, when they do something, it's good and holy and done out of Christian love; if we do the exact same thing, its evil and of Satan and done to our own condemnation.

You can't discuss, or instruct, or rebuke, or even argue with someone whose purpose is simply to condemn you, regardless of what you do.  You can only disengage from it and refuse to interact with it.

S_N_Bulgakov

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2005, 07:37:49 AM »

Dear Veniamin

You are absolutely correct! I could not have said it better myself. Thank you.

Btw. I also get the distinct feeling Gracie and Roy are the same person,... I mean just LOOK at their posts,..

IC XC

S_N_B

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 08:28:22 AM »

VEN:

Hear Hear.  You are correct.  THank you

prodromos
OC.net guru

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2005, 08:29:10 AM »

They do have quite different IP addresses though.
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2005, 08:31:49 AM »

OK  They be different people. But they are the same in spirit. Maybe we should stop engaging  them since we do not know who or what we are dealing with.

FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »

ÂÂ  
posted in the "my heart" thread as well:

It's another thing to go into this passive-agressive thing (at least, I think that's what this is) and deliberately go way off topic. The former reaction leaves no opinion whatsoever about the speaker. The latter openly states, "You don't matter; your thoughts don't matter; they are worth less than talking about this kind of food or drink."

I don't want to say you can't think this. Many of us do think Roy's thoughts are way out of line with what the Bible and the Church teach. But let's practice silence in the future. It's more fitting of us as Orthodox, anyways...

Pedro

Silence means assent.

We had tried to discuss Roy's views with him, and actually he was the one who ignored our posts, in effect stating that we don't matter,and the teachings of the Fathers and the Church are trumped by whatever notions he has in his head.

We had tried to correct him, tried to gently admonish him, just as St. Paul instructed us, but nothing would work. Until the time we could actually get him thrown out of our little assembly, the best way to isolate him was to discuss other things.

As we learned in the 1930's, and perhaps are learning now with the Kosovars and the Islamic Radicals, to borrow a quote:'All that is needed for evil to prevail is for good to do nothing'. Yes, there are times when silence is called for, but when someone willfully and egregiously disturbs the conversations here to force upon others his self-originated heresies, that is not the time to be silent.

We must do our best to provide a witness for the Church. Usually this is done on my part quietly, but not this time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 09:09:17 AM by chris » Logged

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2005, 09:29:18 AM »

can I get fries with that? 
FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2005, 09:38:51 AM »

ÂÂ
U r wrong and in error....Roy and I are not the same person, nor do we live in the same area.

Sorry if we confused you with Roy...I also would have been insulted at such a comparison.

ÂÂ
and Aserb u need to becareful about saying His people are being mean spirited....for if we have Him, we have His Spirit within us, which is a part of His river of Life....the oxygen and breath part....and we breathe in Him....and that Spirit is not mean.

You are unclear, but seem to be indicating that you (notice I go to all the trouble to completely spell out that word) and Roy share the same spirit. I think both of you do have the same spirit in you...but that is a spirit who wishes to possess you, not bring you to truth.

ÂÂ

Also no where in the bible does it call us to be nice, loving yes, kind yes, nice no....and Jesus at times said things that upset people....like get thee behind me satan when dealing with Peter and calling the pharisees blind guides that strain out a gnat while swallowing a camel.....

ÃƒÆ’‚ Satan is nice when he wants to deceive u.....and u r not even being nice, nor were u to Roy, being kind, loving  nor were u graceful.....we are required to be loving

Indeed! We are required to love one another. If a mother let her children play in the middle of an Interstate, we would be shocked, and probably wonder why the mother does not love her children to endanger them so. This is why we tried to correct 'Roy', but he would not tolerate correction. Similarly, things which try to deceive cannot stand light and truth, and so they argue and create a fuss. Just look at Roy's posts as an example of their response...

Also, you are saying we are being mean, and that Satan is nice when he tries to deceive people. By this reasoning, we cannot be in league with the Evil One seeking to deceive Roy, if we are not being 'nice'. His protests against what we said, though, show him to be thoroughly trying to deceive all of us...including you

We are called to speak Truth in the Spirit of Him, as He moves us and this always ties in with His written word when we are not in error but in the beauty of Him and follow what He gives us and don't judge it, for we have only one judge......

We are called to test spirits and visions that claim to speak Truth. Roy apparently did not do so. We showed that whatever spirit is speaking to him does not speak the Truth. You, however, defend him and whatever jibberish is being spoken. This places you on the side of 'not Truth'...

And I am not Gracie....for Grace is named after His Spirit of Grace, of which u r being given at the moment...Heart is named after His heart and 7 is the number of Spirits of the Holy Ghost...and Zion after His daughter and Bride and the new Jerusalem; Abraham, u can go and ask Him about that...and if u were deep in Him, u would have recognised this, instead of having a go at the name.

You can keep to yourself whatever spirit it is that inhabits you and Roy. I am not interested in that kind of 'sharing'...

ÂÂ
And so the question to u is this, why r u not loving?  But being condescending? ÂÂ

blessed r they that call u evil and will depart company from u, and Roy did receive a huge blessing when he got banned from this board, for he no more has to deal with u...and u r in the hands of our maker.....the potters' at present....

By trying to bring Roy to the Truth, we were showing great love for him, and yet he refused our love.

And, apparently by your reasoning, we showed our great love for Roy once again by banning him, blessing him as well as we are able to do.

You should be pleased with us!

and as I said before u really r unwise for u do not know what this season is....

Zion  Abraham

Actually we do know the season....it is the time right before the Second Coming of Our Lord. We do not wish to be like the foolish virgins who are out of oil because we were not well prepared. Instead, we await the Coming of the Bridegroom with our lamps full of the oil that is grace provided by the Spirit.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 09:45:59 AM by chris » Logged

FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2005, 09:48:11 AM »

Sorry about the poor job on inserting quotes, folks...I can hardly wait until this 'computer fad' goes away so I can return to my beloved quill pens... Sad

Mmmm...chili fries...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 09:48:35 AM by chris » Logged

browneyedgirl

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2005, 10:20:48 AM »

well whether its the same person or not, we will never know, but it is possible for it to be the same person posting on two different computers. i post from work and from home, hence two IP addresses. if one was careful enough, they could have two names, two email addresses, and two computers and make it look as if its different people posting by being very careful as to sign on under a particular name on a particular computer. anybody could do it.

i could care less if its the same person or not, cuz i dont even read what either of them write. i just read the responses  Smiley makes the day go by faster and i dont fill my head with garbage.
S_N_Bulgakov

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2005, 10:21:38 AM »

Which means different computers are being used, not that they are different persons. Me and my wife participate in these forums, and we do so on different computers, in fact, three different computers sometimes. That is, if I use one computer rather than the other, I can have very different IP-addresses.

However, I usually just use the same computer, but not necessarily and not always.

I would not put it beyond Roy to use different computers. Say,.. a regular one and a laptop? Like I do?

IC XC

S_N_B

uhm,.... lasagna?

aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2005, 10:25:36 AM »

Browneyedgirl

I love your sense of humor. I do the same these posts are alternately annoying and amusing. Although there  are some serious and pious Orthodox brothers and sisters on this site, but I feel sometimes that the good responses that they give are going to waste.

Chris

We've all talked at length to both roy and grace. Maybe now we are just using their posts for our own amusement.

Is that wrong?  I don't know.

In the end I think that roy and Grace need to get back on their respective meds and drop their delusions of grandeur.  Do your notice that they always preach.

FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2005, 12:43:03 PM »

Chris

We've all talked at length to both roy and grace. Maybe now we are just using their posts for our own amusement.

Is that wrong? I don't know.

In the end I think that roy and Grace need to get back on their respective meds and drop their delusions of grandeur. Do your notice that they always preach.

Once again...

Silence means assent.

Perhaps because I am an inept debater, but I was not using gh7's post for my own amusement.

My POV is that this is the largest board in English on the Internet. It is quite possible that we may have an inquirer investigating Orthodoxy,and come across Year2027's or graceheart7's bizarre ramblings.

If we do not respond; if we do not try to educate; if we do nothing....then we may be doing a serious disservice to that person. For me, when I am in front of Jesus Christ and he asks me why I did not try to clarify things when confronted with these heresies, I want my response to be something more than "I just didn't think it worth my time since Roy didn't seem to want to listen".

Now, we have tried to help out Roy, and he refused this help, so we discussed other things instead. Roy's Champion, who is apparently so enamored with Roy that he has adopted close similarities to Roy's posting style, has accused us of being un-loving. My attempt was to show that we were very loving to him, but he refused us.

This is the record I would like to leave for posterity when others do research here and take note of these two's methods of preaching. We tried to help,and we also upheld the Faith.

browneyedgirl

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2005, 02:27:15 PM »

well my silence does not mean assent. it means that roys posts were to incomprehensible for me. he talks in circles, never has a point, and doesnt write well enough for me to understand half the time. his posts are over my head. i am one of those people that is trying to learn more about orthodoxy (although im not 'new' to it) and i take his posts with a grain of salt. i tried to ask him to clarify when he first started posting, cuz with his first few posts i could see he wasnt all there, but his 'clarifications' were anything but clear. just like any other forum, if you dont like something, dont read it!
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2005, 10:52:14 PM »

Different IP does not mean different person, they could quite likely using a dynamic ip (a tracert on the ip's should reveal this); but even if the ip's are traced to different locations, they could still be using two different proxy servers...now determining if that's the case could be slightly more difficult, and may include some bending of various legal statutes.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2005, 12:19:22 AM »

OK

Enough already.

Roy and Graceheart7 whether they are the same or not. They are the same in spirit which is not Orthodox. Inquirers to Orthodoxy be warned! Blogs and the internet are great, but as is noted on this and other threads, if you're an inquirer start with an Orthodox priest.

FrChris
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2005, 12:27:11 AM »

Roy and Graceheart7 whether they are the same or not. They are the same in spirit which is not Orthodox. Inquirers to Orthodoxy be warned! Blogs and the internet are great, but as is noted on this and other threads, if you're an inquirer start with an Orthodox priest.

Well said! You put in a paragraph what took me much too long to write out. Good on you!

djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2005, 03:10:32 AM »

everytime i read this thread's title i remember that movie "the coneheads".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 03:11:26 AM by djrak » Logged

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: