Author Topic: being boastful under the guise of reaching the "upperclass" with the gospel  (Read 277 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Seeking the best positions under the guise of reaching the "upperclass" with the gospel

Paul said you see your calling that not many noble are called God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the things that are mighty

But wasnt Paul himself successful before he became an evangelist ? He reminded them of his accomplishments before he followed Christ but said these things mean nothing to me anymore but only those things in Christ I will glory in
I don't argue one is not saved if he does not become worldly successful but it does help reaching the "upperclass" with the gospel by telling them they should listen to you that only what is in Christ will remain

But not everyone is called to be billionaires only those who first have a strong daily relationship with God and so find it doesn't distract them from God and so it comes easy to them
It is said not many noble are called

What if the poor never needed our riches but God would provide for them would we still seek after riches. But unfortunately I feel they do

Should a priest feel bad if he is not raising funds for his church to give to the poor
Why is riches needed to help the poor
How to be aware of other paths I can take to minister to the needy and eliminate as much unjust situations as possible ?
Why do I feel I have to take the path of riches to serve God and look down on everyone else
How is a priest or monk helping strangers and the sick and I don't doubt much they are not saved because they can pray for them and visit them and visit prisoners but they can't change their situation just by prayer so how to think I can have a great reward if I follow their path not that anyone who is saved ever thinks himself better than others

I think God created the poor as well as the rich. If people were called to being poor no matter what they do they would remain poor but if a person can become rich he was called to being rich and helping the poor

« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:19:28 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Quote from: Luke 6:20-31
And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,

Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.
Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you,
and when they shall separate you from their company,
and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger.
Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy