OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 10:27:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer I'd like to share  (Read 600 times) Average Rating: 0
Thepeug
CRXtraordinary

Faith: Byzantine Ruthenian Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Passaic

OC.net

« on: August 05, 2005, 09:57:13 PM »

My dad sent this to me, and I just thought I'd share. The author is unknown. I often find myself lulled into complacency, particularly in regards to spiritual matters, and this is nice reminder that to follow Christ means to accept a life that is far from ordinary. Hope you enjoy!

"Disturb us, Lord, when we are too well pleased with ourselves, when our dreams have come true because we have dreamed too little, when we arrived safely because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, Lord, when with the abundance of things we possess, we have lost our thirst for the waters of life; when having fallen in love with life, we have ceased to dream of eternity; and in our efforts to build the new earth, we have allowed our vision of the new heaven to dim.
Stir us, Lord, to dare more boldly, to venture on wider seas, where storms will show your mastery; where losing sight of land, we shall find the stars. We ask you to push back the horizons of our hopes, and push us into the future in strength, courage, hope, and love.
Amen."

“Every day I say to myself – today I will begin.”

– St. Anthony of the Desert
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 10:15:48 AM »

Thepeug,   Thank you for sharing this beautiful prayer.  We all can be helped by these words.   

God bless you,     Juliana   Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: