Author Topic: Should gay people hate Christians ?  (Read 5403 times)

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
Re: Should gay people hate Christians ?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
And no where did I condone sin

But if you say that someone has 'inherently disordered thinking that prevents them from thinking logically'

You are in essence saying 'make the right decision, even though it's basically impossible that you can'

All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 02:13:45 AM »
It's interesting the way this thread has drifted into becoming one of either supporting or condemning gay people. The OP didn't ask whether Christians should hate gay people; it asked 'Should gay people hate Christians?' To my mind, that question invites us to consider whether Christians have done/are doing anything that would justify gays in hating them/us (as some but by no means all gay people do). Oddly enough, that seems to be the topic people are avoiding here, perhaps because it requires a bit too much self-examination.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:14 AM »
It's interesting the way this thread has drifted into becoming one of either supporting or condemning gay people. The OP didn't ask whether Christians should hate gay people; it asked 'Should gay people hate Christians?' To my mind, that question invites us to consider whether Christians have done/are doing anything that would justify gays in hating them/us (as some but by no means all gay people do). Oddly enough, that seems to be the topic people are avoiding here, perhaps because it requires a bit too much self-examination.

Well, Great Lent is coming.
Besides, those so lost or deluded in Basic Sinning 101 have even a tougher time.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 10:50:11 AM »
It's convenient to think that way so you can continue to tell other people why they are wrong instead of contribute to the topic at hand. But no, two posters engaging in a side discussion that does actually apply to the OP does not equal a thread full of posters who don't examine themselves as well as you do and prefer to talk about others rather than consider their own actions.

In fact, you're the one who has been slinging the most personal mud in this thread when others have offered their thoughts.
"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
You do if you confirm them in the positive in any way concerning homosexual acts of sodomy.

But if you say that someone has 'inherently disordered thinking that prevents them from thinking logically'
I qualified that statement with stating that we all have a disordered spirit in some way that affects our passions and acting upon them plays in part with this irrational thinking, hence thinking illogically.

You are in essence saying 'make the right decision, even though it's basically impossible that you can'
Not true. even though we might be wired a certain way, we can still resist the temptation to act upon it. I could be compelled to lie, cheat and steal or the one of many sexual offences besides homosexuality, but my character, reasoning and knowledge of sin should prevent me from acting upon these impulses. If it's "impossible" then I have lost any capability of deductive reasoning and I'm no better than any of the other beasts of the field. Is that what you're saying? We're bascially no better than animals?

Besides, if your a Christian, you should know with God nothing is "impossible".
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
First of all, I responded to the OP on  why would homosexuals hate the Pope Francis when he made an open statement about  basically not "judging" them in their pursuit of Christ. So why would they "hate" him? Do you have anything relelvant to add to this ?Or just natter on  more nonsense about Christians doing more self-reflection about how horrible we treat "gays" and why they should feel the need to "hate" us in return.

BTW, and I'm going to break my own rule here, but I hate when people inject the word "hate" where it does not apply.

While I'm at it, let's just drop this word "gay" referring to homosexuals, engaging in unatural, destructive, acts of sodomy has nothing to do with the word "gay". It's just another word hijacked by their movement like the word "love" they use in their  defense of an unGodly, immoral, self-destructive "lifestyle".

I really hate when they use them words and phrases. ;)
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2016, 11:43:49 AM »
while we are telling folks not to use certain words....

maybe you can stop using inherent, since you don't appear to understand it either.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »

Would it help if I said both you and I are inherently disordered in such a way that we can't think logically as well?

Our disorder manifests itself in different ways in different people, and our actions and thoughts are irrational. If we were truly sheep of Christ's rational flock, we would not do what we do.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:34:35 PM by Antonis »
"This is the one from the beginning, who seemed to be new, yet was found to be ancient and always young, being born in the hearts of the saints."
Letter to Diognetus 11.4

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
It's convenient to think that way so you can continue to tell other people why they are wrong instead of contribute to the topic at hand. But no, two posters engaging in a side discussion that does actually apply to the OP does not equal a thread full of posters who don't examine themselves as well as you do and prefer to talk about others rather than consider their own actions.

In fact, you're the one who has been slinging the most personal mud in this thread when others have offered their thoughts.

If you read through the five posts I contributed to this thread before this post, you will see that I have neither told any poster that they are wrong nor slung any personal mud at anyone. What I have done is make the unforgivable mistake of being gay and opening my mouth. It seems quite clear that no one wants to here hear from anyone that sinful, so from now on I'll be silent on the topic unless invited to speak. I'm sure we would all be happier if all dykes and faggots just went back into the closet where they belong.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2016, 02:32:43 PM »

Nobody should hate anybody else.

...even if a particular group is feeling persecuted...they are not to hate, but, to pray for their "enemies".
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »
LizaSymoneko, just in case you missed my first post (which was reply 1 in this thread) I reproduce it below:

No one should hate anyone. Forgiveness is necessary both for good of the person who wrongs one and for the good of one oneself. This is both a spiritual and a medical fact.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »

So, we are in agreement.  :D
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline RobS

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »
LizaSymoneko, just in case you missed my first post (which was reply 1 in this thread) I reproduce it below:

No one should hate anyone. Forgiveness is necessary both for good of the person who wrongs one and for the good of one oneself. This is both a spiritual and a medical fact.
Lol a medical fact?
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »
while we are telling folks not to use certain words....

maybe you can stop using inherent, since you don't appear to understand it either.
I understand you are inherently wrong about what I understand of the  meaning of the word "inherent".

Now, since your such a authority on grammar and very opinionated on this matter, please explain to us what word you would use to describe  the condition of one who is inclined to being attracted to the same sex .

Since your telling folks on what words not to use.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • I am the Provisional Supreme Church Authority
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2016, 03:17:55 PM »
Our disorder manifests itself in different ways in different people, and our actions and thoughts are irrational. If we were truly sheep of Christ's rational flock, we would not do what we do.

Was St Paul, in his life on earth, a true sheep?
OC.NET is full of temptations, but in temptations we are enforced, remember about the thread "Temptation in the Desert: Rachel Weisz and the Undoing of Mor Ephrem". OC.NET helps in becoming unpassionate.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Antonis

• Μέγα το Θαύμα!
  • Section Moderator
  • Archon
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »

Was St Paul, in his life on earth, a true sheep?
Point taken.

If we were truly sheep of Christ's rational flock, we be remorseful for what we do.
Letter to Diognetus 11.4