Author Topic: Another trip...  (Read 1902 times)

Offline ania

• Life according to Abe Simpson:
  • OC.net guru
Another trip...
« on: August 02, 2005, 02:45:09 PM »
Hey Ya'll!
Just wanted to request some prayers, I'm leaving for Seattle early tomorrow morning (7AM flight... up at 4:30AM... YUCK), and I'll be back on the 11th. 
My entire family, minus one sister, is also flying there tomorrow, but from New York. 
So if you have a spare moment, please say a little prayer for my folks and me. 
BTW, I'm also probably not going to have much internet access over there, so moderator stuff please direct to Dustin or Josh.
Thanks!
Ania
Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Offline Jakub

• Archon
Re: Another trip...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:12:45 PM »
Prayers for y'all, would'nt hurt if ya brung home some of that fancy yuppie hot xxx java dry goods...can't down that Red Bull sh-t.

james
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline Donna Rose

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »
prayers for safe travel for you and your family.
hmmmm...

Offline ania

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 04:47:10 PM »
Prayers for y'all, would'nt hurt if ya brung home some of that fancy yuppie hot xxx java dry goods...can't down that Red Bull sh-t.

james

Ain't no reason to be sassin' me, jus' cuz I live on God's side of the Potomac now.   ;D

Seriously, I said "ya'll reckon" when I went home to NY once... needless to say my family and friends had a blast w/ that one.

BTW, I like RedBull, 'specially mixed w/ Jager. 

Thanks for any prayers you can send my way. 
Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: Yekmalian Monoculture
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:52:10 PM »
Lord, have mercy.
Mor Ephrem is a nice guy.  Just say sorry and it will all be ok. Say I had things that were inside troubling me but I didn't know how to express appropriately. I will not behave that way again but I am seeking help.

thank you so much Mor ephrem you are a hero!

Offline Timos

• High Elder
  • Faith: O.C.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 11:54:49 PM »
safe and fun trip

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 12:50:23 AM »
Jarhad Barham! Have a safe trip!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline ania

• OC.net guru
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 01:26:36 PM »
Just in case someone cares... I'M BACK! (jetlagged, but back all the same).

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 01:32:20 PM »
Thanks for letting your OC.net family know you're back!

I hope all is well, both at home and where you were visiting!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline ania

• OC.net guru
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »
Actually, we got to stay where St. John of Shanghi died for 7 nights.  It was tres cool, right across the hall from where they have chapel now, so though we were in Seattle to party, it unexpectedly turned into a bit of a spiritual trip as well.