Author Topic: Using Marijuana (weed)?  (Read 7754 times)

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
  • Faith: Christian
Re: Using Marijuana (weed)?
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2016, 11:30:45 PM »

I don't need marijuana to have a "good time".  If I'm going to have a good time, I keep a clear mind.  When I have a difficult day and can't get to sleep, or when I have a fight with a friend or family member that is triggering a manic or depressive episode, then I'll smoke a bowl, eat an edible, or do a couple of dabs with a roommate who has a rig. 

tagged: Mr. Wilson
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2016, 11:37:55 PM »
Though I have no statistics, there are MANY people who ingest cannabis via edibles - it's the healthiest way to do so, and is encouraged.
Here it's apparently far less safe and healthy than smoking or inhaling it, since cannabis comes with dung. Too good I don't smoke it.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »
Though I have no statistics, there are MANY people who ingest cannabis via edibles - it's the healthiest way to do so, and is encouraged.
Here it's apparently far less safe and healthy than smoking or inhaling it, since cannabis comes with dung. Too good I don't smoke it.

Say what?
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2016, 11:46:16 PM »

I should show you some brain scans of people who habitually smoke pot.  Maybe then you'll change your mind. But, hey it's legal, so do you as you will.  Because everything's OK in your universe (or at least in your frat house) as long as it doesn't involve genocide or human trafficking.   Obviously the pot has affected your brain.

Do you have brain scans of people who habitually smoke pot? I would be interested to compare them to people who habitually eat pot brownies, for science.

I worry about these kids in Colorado doing dabs, but not as much as I should worry about the methampehtamine, heroin, and cocain addicts.

If there is a "gateway" drug, it is either alcohol or nicotine or caffeine.

I said I did.  Now, I don't have a point of comparison for those who smoke it versus those who only ingest it through some other medium.  The problem is that you don't find many who only ingest pot in that way.

I don't doubt that there are many people who ingest cannabis via brownies et al.  The point was I don't have a basis of comparison for brain scans between those who ONLY smoke versus those who ONLY eat.  All that weed in your system must prevent you from spotting certain words. 
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline scamandrius

• Merarches
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2016, 11:49:44 PM »

Lol, ok.  With what addiction have you diagnosed me?  I've had to stop smoking for weeks when I couldn't justify spending money on cannabis.  I'm currently abstaining for my fraternity's purity week.  I will have to stop to do my internship.  I've never had any issues when "quitting", and I've been using it for a little over a year.

So your parents are footing the bill for college and they don't provide a weekly "pot" allowance?  The horror.

What the hell is purity week?  Is it the frat version of Great Lent? 

Offline Daedelus1138

• High Elder
  • Faith: Lutheran
  • Jurisdiction: ELCA
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »
Alot of interest in cannabis legalization is due to the potential medicinal uses, which are real, particularly in the area of chronic pain.  The conventional treatments for fibromyalgia are garbage.
"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."   - Martin Luther

Offline scamandrius

• Merarches
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2016, 01:11:08 PM »
Alot of interest in cannabis legalization is due to the potential medicinal uses, which are real, particularly in the area of chronic pain.  The conventional treatments for fibromyalgia are garbage.

Doctors can and have readily made available prescriptions for CBD but  those won't allow patients to get high and don't have the euphoria induced by the presence of THC, so it is no wonder that patients are interested.  Medical marijuana users are hypocrites.  They say they want pain relief, but they really want to get high.  OK, fine.  Then call for legalization of marijuana across the board instead of hiding behind this medical-only facade.

Offline WPM

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2016, 02:56:24 PM »
You can have marijuana.

You're allowed to have Cannabis THC products.

Learn meditation.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
You can have marijuana.

You're allowed to have Cannabis THC products.

Depends on where you live.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2016, 03:23:12 AM »
I've been on a so-called "forced" tolerance breaks, the past 3-4 days.

Finally I caved and I called another guy that I know, to fulfill a loan.  I gave him money, and I received marijuana in compensation. It was a drug deal.

Does this bother people? It's like, sometimes at work, while I'm drinking beer, I stop to think about the underaged kids who cannot drink beer. Is it cruel, to drink beer?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 03:30:18 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

Doctors can and have readily made available prescriptions for CBD but  those won't allow patients to get high and don't have the euphoria induced by the presence of THC, so it is no wonder that patients are interested.  Medical marijuana users are hypocrites.  They say they want pain relief, but they really want to get high.  OK, fine.  Then call for legalization of marijuana across the board instead of hiding behind this medical-only facade.

Scamandrianism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2016, 03:57:55 PM »
Scamandrius does have a point, however.  Also the problem with marijuana as a means of "being happy" as you rather euphemistically put it is the disordered thought it is known to produce; psychosis is an alarming prospect, and people who would risk it to get high are being greatly irresponsible.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:51 PM »
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”

Offline scamandrius

• Merarches
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2016, 04:15:58 PM »

so, happiness by any means necessary then? 

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2016, 04:22:56 PM »

When you're a star, they let you do it.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »

Indeed.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2016, 05:23:01 PM »
I'm all for legalization of marijuana and don't see the use as particularly sinful as in itself but using it as a medicine without proper medical education is crazy. You are not supposed to take any medicine without knowing side-effects, prescription etc. That's why we have professionals for that.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
So, I've learned that the Unites States of America simultaneously holds a patent on Cannabinoids as a "Neuro-protectant and an anti-oxidant", and at the same time it considers Cannabis a Schedule I drug, "with no medicinal value".

Has anybody else heard this?

How can both be true?

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
Marijuana associated with three-fold risk of death from hypertension

She said: "Our results suggest a possible risk of hypertension mortality from marijuana use. This is not surprising since marijuana is known to have a number of effects on the cardiovascular system. Marijuana stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, leading to increases in heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen demand. Emergency rooms have reported cases of angina and heart attacks after marijuana use."
"We found higher estimated cardiovascular risks associated with marijuana use than cigarette smoking," said Ms Yankey. "This indicates that marijuana use may carry even heavier consequences on the cardiovascular system than that already established for cigarette smoking. However, the number of smokers in our study was small and this needs to be examined in a larger study."
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
^ Funded by the opioid lobby.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2017, 02:18:41 AM »
I'm all for legalization of marijuana and don't see the use as particularly sinful as in itself but using it as a medicine without proper medical education is crazy. You are not supposed to take any medicine without knowing side-effects, prescription etc. That's why we have professionals for that.

I would only use over-the-counter pot if I used medical pot.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2017, 02:36:00 AM »

I would only use over-the-counter pot if I used medical pot.

At your local Wawa.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2017, 02:43:11 AM »
That's not why we have professionals for that. We do not have professionals for that, because apparently we can't have nice things.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:53:08 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline youssef

« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2017, 07:24:15 AM »
I had smoke weed for 5 years on a regular basis. Smoking weed is better then drinking alcohol. The only problem is with hash you don't know what you are really buying, unless if i am in Lebanon.

Offline Lepanto

• Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »
As a Westerner, you are supposed to drink alcohol, not smoke weed. After all, we even typically have an enzyme for alcohol decomposition.
Also, I refer to Father Hesse´s famous reply when he was asked about his drinking habits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTExEWC2du0

(quite at the beginning)  ;D
una cum famulo tuo Papa nostro et Antistite nostro et omnibus orthodoxis atque catholicæ et apostolicæ fidei cultoribus

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »
I had smoke weed for 5 years on a regular basis. Smoking weed is better then drinking alcohol. The only problem is with hash you don't know what you are really buying, unless if i am in Lebanon.
It can also trigger psychosis  when there is predisposition, and in the long run it may damage any healthy brain's synapses.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2017, 03:03:08 PM »
It can also trigger psychosis  when there is predisposition, and in the long run it may damage any healthy brain's synapses.

There's no evidence of this. It's old-fashioned fear mongering.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy