Author Topic: James says faith without works is impossible  (Read 285 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
James says faith without works is impossible
« on: February 04, 2016, 06:24:06 AM »
 James 2:18(NKJV)
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your[a] works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Here James says it's impossible to have faith without works so faith is not just intellectual knowledge about Christ but truly receiving Christ as shown by a desire to obey all His commandments.

Jesus said everyone who believes in Him has everlasting life so then why are there some believers who are not saved? Because they don't want to do what He taught. For example they don't want to forgive

Striving to enter the narrow gate is not just believing Jesus is Lord but receiving His person as shown by our works

There are perhaps three types of judgements
Those who are saints those who are blessed or saved and those who are not saved
Those who are blessed are perhaps those who follow Christ's commandments and are seekers of truth even if they did not find the fullness but they found Christ
But some of them could even be saints if God pours all the Holy Spirit on them if they are worthy if not He has a measure prepared for them because It could be God does not require people to find orthodoxy at the moment (because orthodox people may be a stumbling block to their family accepting Christ or they feel it is so perhaps in truth if they become orthodox God will help them) though and pours out all His Spirit on them though orthodoxy is truth because things are not fair maybe because we do not do our duty to them not that we will be held to account if we do it now and only if we know we should or are taught so and we must do our duty and preach in season and out of season if they ask us because we do not know it is in season and apologise if we offend anyone and commit them to christ

The good news is that everyone can be a saint
How do I know ?
The Angel told John not to worship him so generally there is no praise except to God or no reward and rightfully so because they all repented and did all the will of God they could do but the person who knows he has no grace and does not seek it deserves less reward but should be saved because he still loves Christ and seeks to please Him
The person in the Orthodox Church has to bear more fruit than the non orthodox or he will also have the same reward as those outside the church with less grace just my thoughts in trying to capture what Is in my heart which I believe is true

We can't know if a person is lost even if he is sinning on his deathbed maybe God took Him early while knowing he has a contrite heart and was in the process of repenting which he would have if given longer time since he may have died before his time but if we are alive we should fear Christ comes when we are not ready and if we have rejected helping someone in need we should repent while we have time and God knows whether our heart is truly repentant but we can not be sure but why cause hurt or damage to the needy who who has material needs as you

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

All of us can be saints and be cleansed from all unrighteousness
Seek grace

As for the believers who are not saved they don't have real faith because it is not just intellectual and Jesus says Why do you call Me Lord Lord and not do what I say
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:39:06 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: James says faith without works is impossible
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
I will say a person who knows the truth but does not convert because he is worried his parents won't accept Christ is trying to take Gods business
But some people are not sure orthodoxy is perfect and Gods will for the world