Author Topic: Exhibit A against the "Great Council" and its waste of time  (Read 1179 times)

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
Exhibit A against the "Great Council" and its waste of time
« on: February 04, 2016, 12:52:49 AM »
AUTONOMY AND THE MEANS OF PROCLAIMING IT

https://mospat.ru/en/2016/01/28/news127358/

(Notice that Autocephaly isn't dealt with in the proposed documents; however, in the wording of this here I see the Phanar's nose sticking into the tent)

It's an internal affair of the Autocephalous Church-that's part of the definition of A-U-T-O-C-E-P-H-A-L-Y

The Autonomous Church shall receive Holy Chrism from the Autocephalous Church

Given that the Phanar just demanded that the Church of the Czech Lands and Slovakia get their chrism from the Phanariot monopoly, it says a lot on the Phanar's ideas about Autocephaly.

Exept its own, of course.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline android

Re: Exhibit A against the "Great Council" and its waste of time
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:16:04 AM »
Phanar Phanar bo-Phanar
Banana- fana fo-Phanar
Fee-fi-mo-manar
Phanar!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:55:07 AM »
Methinks someone has an odd fixation with the Phanar. Perhaps some talk therapy would do you well.
God bless!

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:01:59 AM »
I'm pretty uneducated in such matters concerning "Church administration" and jurisdictions.
Where can I read further about that?

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »
Methinks someone has an odd fixation with the Phanar. Perhaps some talk therapy would do you well.

Some people have fixation with Phanar. Some have fixation with Moscow. There are plenty of reasons to criticize any of them so IMO there is no need to criticize them for something they are not responsible of.

And if this document is finally accepted (and ratified) it will create a great mess before fixing it:

#1b In most (if not all autonomous or self-ruled churches primates are chosen within them not on the autocephaly level as this point proposes.
#2f That is supposed to fix Estonia and Moldova. But what if the EP is one of the involved sides (as in Estonia)?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »

Some people have fixation with Phanar. Some have fixation with Moscow. There are plenty of reasons to criticize any of them so IMO there is no need to criticize them for something they are not responsible of.

And if this document is finally accepted (and ratified) it will create a great mess before fixing it:

#1b In most (if not all autonomous or self-ruled churches primates are chosen within them not on the autocephaly level as this point proposes.
#2f That is supposed to fix Estonia and Moldova. But what if the EP is one of the involved sides (as in Estonia)?
I want to see the Phanar tell Moscow it has to give up the autonomous Church of Japan (to come under the jurisdiction of the "Ecumenical Patriarchate" of course).
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »
I'm pretty uneducated in such matters concerning "Church administration" and jurisdictions.

I too, plus the verbiage and definitions. I gather, for example, there are 14 autocephalous flavors of Orthodoxy, mostlyl based on geographical regions due to historical matters.
So now comes modernization, fast travel & communications disrupting the modality of Orthodoxy.
Then there are the power plays of mere mortals based on precedence more often than tradition, IMNSHO.
I am such a pig that I believe mostly nothing coming out of Russia, so I have to get out of my own way most often in that regards.
Lord, have mercy on me and on the Russian Orthodox Church as well.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 11:40:51 PM »

I too, plus the verbiage and definitions. I gather, for example, there are 14 autocephalous flavors of Orthodoxy, mostlyl based on geographical regions due to historical matters.

Offline LenInSebastopol

• Dimly Illumined
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »

Yeah, I read that too, then elsewhere it was 14.
CRY, CRY, CRY for unity in this gig and yet cannot agree on identity, space & time!
Who are we? what country? and what calendar!
Perturbed it can be.
God is The Creator of All Free Beings