Author Topic: My anger  (Read 704 times)

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
My anger
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:18:25 AM »
In my heart I often harbor very angry, hateful thoughts against my enemies. Pray for me. The anger and the extent of it scares me. And yet, there is a light that reminds me that those who do me injustice are more just than i. But as soon as I pray "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" and resolve, I hate again.
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
Re: My anger
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 02:16:22 AM »
In my heart I often harbor very angry, hateful thoughts against my enemies. Pray for me. The anger and the extent of it scares me. And yet, there is a light that reminds me that those who do me injustice are more just than i. But as soon as I pray "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" and resolve, I hate again.

God help you!

Seek your fears, and you will find the root of your hatred.
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:25:32 AM »
I have similar struggles. I'm hear to talk if you want to.

Lord have mercy.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline marigold

• Archon
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:24:37 AM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline vorgos

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:36:03 AM »
Christ turned the world upside down; and when the world was viewed from such a remarkable perspective, it suddenly made sense -- Fr Andrew Greeley

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 12:48:23 AM »

I don't trust anyone who is not angered by the injustices and evils of this world. But, of course, hatred is another matter. As St. Paul writes: "Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil."  [Ephesians 4:26-27]

Selam
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 12:48:40 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Seraffa

• Widow of the late Archpriest Stephanos Shagoury, ROCOR
  • Ausros Vartai
  • Faith: Coptic Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of the Southern U.S.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:41 AM »

I like to say slowly this particular translation of the Our Father; maybe you want to say it in front of your favorite Saint's icon, and ask the Saint to help you:

Oh our Father, You who are in the heavens, let Your Name be hallowed.
 Let Your Kingdom come, let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our Bread of the Coming Age, and remit us our debts as we remit our debtors.
And bring us not into temptation, but rescue us from the Evil One.
(In Christ Jesus, our Lord.) For yours is the Kingdom, the power and the glory unto all the ages, Amen.

It is a lot to think about.
Christ is the FAther of the Age to Come.
What will be our bread of the coming age that we will eat?
How will we choose to remit our debtors, so our debts will be remitted?

Kyrie Eleison.
Who is this who shines like the dawn, as fair as the moon, as bright as the sun, as majestic as the stars in procession? - Song of Solomon, 6:10

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:11 PM »
Lord, have mercy!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
Lord have mercy.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."