Author Topic: Deleted thread.  (Read 21965 times)

Offline Charles Martel

• Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Taxiarches
Re: Deleted thread.
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
Why would you be sympathetic for something that doesn't exist?

I have no illusions that you'll read it, much less the original essay linked within, but here ya go, for the benefit of others.
Oh you have an illusion alright, its called  the bogus meme of white privilege.

You're so gullable. You'll believe anything in order to beat up on your own. Self-hate is truly a mental disorder these days and it's epidemic.

Maybe instead of listening to the white guilt-ridden, non-sensical pundits of self-hate you might actually listen to an educated black woman talking sense about the real factors of "white" succeessful positions in the culture and black failures as she dispels  the myth of white privlege, just another meme created by the liars of the liberal left;

The Myth of White Privilege

Although we have a black president and a black attorney general, we often still hear from Rev. Al Sharpton, as well as the multitude of liberal elites at our colleges and universities, that racism is as pervasive today as it has ever been, and that our criminal justice system is racist. (Talk about broken records.) One of the most persistent claims espoused by the race baiters is the myth of “white privilege,” the idea that there are inherent privileges in just having white skin. - See more at: http://bethepeopletv.com/myth-white-privilege/#sthash.pA2qmd5k.dpuf

(BTW, the link in that article you posted goes nowhere)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:12:08 AM by Charles Martel »
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
Heh. 8)

Here you are.. Enjoy. Or not, as you see fit.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
Well, given your other views, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see you hide from reality on other fronts. See the articles linked by Arachne and I.
Reality to people like you is like kryptonite to Superman. you want to keep about as far away from it as you can.

Things are getting better (partially because of those programs and partially for other reasons) for everybody but they've got a long way to go.

Injustice anywhere is still injustice everywhere.
Then  you "christian" social justice warriors can lead by example and give up eveything you have, including your jobs ,due in part of your delusion in "white privlege". according to that nonsense, you are the perpetrator of the worst kind of that crime. Give everything up now volnutt, you have no right to anything because of your white skin .You didn't earn it!

One pitiable coordinated attack that we still don't know all the details of does not mean that all or even a majority of migrants are rapists. Part of the disparity (at least in Sweden) would seem to stem from the ways in which the laws define rape, for one thing
When one of your sisters or mother is raped by an Islamic lunatic "refugee" come back and describe to us the finer details of what a rape is. As for the MSM,  there was almost no exposure to any of these moslem rape stories but the typical burying them in the back pages of any major newspaper, that's IF they reported it at all.

They would rather choose to ignore it altogether;

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429432/muslim-mobs-rape-europe

Explanations are not excuses. Yes, everybody makes choices and is held responsible for that choice. There are still factors that go into those choices, though. Free will is not magic.
Factors are excuses. Tell me mr.social justice warrior, what factors could lead one to beat up and rape people? ah yes, "white privlege" I would assume. Now there's your magic potion for all the ills of the world or at least in white civilized countries. Forget about morality, conscious and free will, it's all whitey's fault, they do it for the simple fact that he exists. Is that your explanation? It's weak.

Criticize Muslim societies, yes.
No, especially many in their own nations. They're much more moral and commendable than the lunatic liberal fringe here in the West. as a matter of fact, I would rather live in caliphate than your typical destructive, leftists ,insane asylum that your kind would condemn us all in. Thank God (allah?) you haven't completely penetrated the Islamic states as of yet, but I know their next once you've totally collapsed the West or Christendom.

But don't ignore the fact that the crappiness of Middle Eastern nations is as also on the heads of us for exploiting them for centuries.
Oh I think their leaders do a pretty good job themselves in creating the state of crappiness within their own nations. Hey, I think we have at least that in common with the average citizen over there. It's just no the extreme here yet.

Like I said, the gap is getting smaller. Social change takes time and there's still quite a lot of systemic bias out there
Against the  white Christian conservative majority. I agree.

Your bootstrap narrative, on the other hand, would seem to indicate that you think they're just too stupid or something to work harder. Is that your position, Grand Wizard Charlie?
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein? We're all just stupid goyim that just don't get it. I see where your coming from now.

Christ didn't preach about slavery either, does that make it right? He did say that many that are first will be last, though.
Give me a break, the bible is full of slavery but Christ never once mentioned ANYTHING about "white people/privlege", that comes from your own hateful narrative and obsession with the race-baiting game.

Has nothing to do with Christianity or the Church whatsoever.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:53:37 AM by Charles Martel »
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:38 AM »
Heh. 8)

More rantings of a feminist self-hating lunatic. Apparently from the Irish peasant stock, particulary Irish Catholic I would assume. These liberal self-hating Irish Catholics are the worst, nothing but victimized whiners and anti-thetical to anything actually traditional or Catholic whatsoever. I would like to speak more freely about how much I despise this type of degenerate but I will save it for the politics forum for another day.

Thanks for link and the  five minutes of my life I won't get back.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:02:17 AM by Charles Martel »

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2016, 11:02:51 AM »
People still trying to patiently reason with ChuckHammer. Always entertaining.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline FinnJames

• High Elder
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »
Heh. 8)

More rantings of a feminist self-hating lunatic. Apparently from the Irish peasant stock, particulary Irish Catholic I would assume. These liberal self-hating Irish Catholics are the worst, nothing but victimized whiners and anti-thetical to anything actually traditional or Catholic whatsoever. I would like to speak more freely about how much I despise this type of degenerate but I will save it for the politics forum for another day.

Come on, Charles Martel, attack the argument, not the one who put it forward.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:07:32 AM by FinnJames »

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • St. John Maximovitch, pray for me!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:27 AM »
Born a white male was a happy accident
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:09:45 AM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2016, 11:21:10 AM »
No, especially many in their own nations. They're much more moral and commendable than the lunatic liberal fringe here in the West. as a matter of fact, I would rather live in caliphate than your typical destructive, leftists ,insane asylum that your kind would condemn us all in. Thank God (allah?) you haven't completely penetrated the Islamic states as of yet, but I know their next once you've totally collapsed the West or Christendom.

"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Heh. 8)

LOL, chill out, Charlie. Gotta watch that blood pressure at your age.

So you like a blog post from last year better than an academic paper of nearly 30 years' relevance. No big deal. Keep up your entertainment value and all.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2016, 12:07:19 PM »
Heh. 8)

Come on, Charles Martel, attack the argument, not the one who put it forward.
I would be more than glad to, if there was one.

But I don't hvae the time or patience to rebut a 26 point list full of nonsense.

How can you argue about something that doesn't exist?

I might as well be expaining away fairies, pixies and unicorns. Lol! ;D

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Heh. 8)

So you like a blog post from last year better than an academic paper of nearly 30 years' relevance. No big deal. Keep up your entertainment value and all.
What's that old adage about wymin and normal thinking again? lol! ;D

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2016, 12:15:44 PM »
Heh. 8)

So much for your estimation of Dr. Swain. 8)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2016, 12:40:17 PM »
Charles,

I am obviously not going to convince you, since I lost credibility to you. So my reply here is only to clarify my position.

1.  I'm not a "globalist" either.  I am "anti-world", whether it be collectively or separate nations and races.

2.  I do not ascribe to the "white man persecuting the world" ideology either.  I believe all races (and even those who are associated with the one true Church) are potential persecuters and murderers.  I pray to God not to let the sun down on my anger, and I am taught to fast and pray for those who do directly persecute my race (our Coptic priest and scholar Fr. Tadros Malaty asked us last year to dedicate Jonah's fast to ISIS), those who you seem to not see as part of the list of humans St. Paul desired to preach the gospel to.

3.  When I learned to have sympathy with those of my own race, I also wanted to learn to extend that sympathy to all races.  Therefore, even the white men and the British nationalists I too find them equally to love and to seek out.  These British Nationalists are using Christ's name blasphemously, and it is this I do not appreciate.  But I do not love any less.  Otherwise, if I really did hate white people or didn't care about them, I wouldn't even care to have this conversation with you.  I at least appreciate you agree they're not carrying Christ's name appropriately.

Now that I got those out of the way, consider this ideology.  I desire not of the world, nor of the passions of the world, but to be knit into the Godhead of the Holy Trinity, to be intimate with the Father, in the Son, by the Holy Spirit. The Kingdom is not created.  It is the uncreated I seek.  When you accuse me of following created ideology, then that proves to me you still do not know the gospel.  God became man so that man might become God. If we are still lingering in anger over race and nation and insulting those who we don't like as subhuman, then we have not really tasted what it means to be in the Kingdom.

God bless.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:51:50 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2016, 06:40:56 PM »
Well, given your other views, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see you hide from reality on other fronts. See the articles linked by Arachne and I.
Reality to people like you is like kryptonite to Superman. you want to keep about as far away from it as you can.

Things are getting better (partially because of those programs and partially for other reasons) for everybody but they've got a long way to go.

Injustice anywhere is still injustice everywhere.
Then  you "christian" social justice warriors can lead by example and give up eveything you have, including your jobs ,due in part of your delusion in "white privlege". according to that nonsense, you are the perpetrator of the worst kind of that crime. Give everything up now volnutt, you have no right to anything because of your white skin .You didn't earn it!

One pitiable coordinated attack that we still don't know all the details of does not mean that all or even a majority of migrants are rapists. Part of the disparity (at least in Sweden) would seem to stem from the ways in which the laws define rape, for one thing
When one of your sisters or mother is raped by an Islamic lunatic "refugee" come back and describe to us the finer details of what a rape is. As for the MSM,  there was almost no exposure to any of these moslem rape stories but the typical burying them in the back pages of any major newspaper, that's IF they reported it at all.

They would rather choose to ignore it altogether;

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/429432/muslim-mobs-rape-europe

Explanations are not excuses. Yes, everybody makes choices and is held responsible for that choice. There are still factors that go into those choices, though. Free will is not magic.
Factors are excuses. Tell me mr.social justice warrior, what factors could lead one to beat up and rape people? ah yes, "white privlege" I would assume. Now there's your magic potion for all the ills of the world or at least in white civilized countries. Forget about morality, conscious and free will, it's all whitey's fault, they do it for the simple fact that he exists. Is that your explanation? It's weak.

But don't ignore the fact that the crappiness of Middle Eastern nations is as also on the heads of us for exploiting them for centuries.
Oh I think their leaders do a pretty good job themselves in creating the state of crappiness within their own nations. Hey, I think we have at least that in common with the average citizen over there. It's just no the extreme here yet.

Like I said, the gap is getting smaller. Social change takes time and there's still quite a lot of systemic bias out there
Against the  white Christian conservative majority. I agree.

Your bootstrap narrative, on the other hand, would seem to indicate that you think they're just too stupid or something to work harder. Is that your position, Grand Wizard Charlie?
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein? We're all just stupid goyim that just don't get it. I see where your coming from now.

Christ didn't preach about slavery either, does that make it right? He did say that many that are first will be last, though.
Give me a break, the bible is full of slavery but Christ never once mentioned ANYTHING about "white people/privlege", that comes from your own hateful narrative and obsession with the race-baiting game.

Has nothing to do with Christianity or the Church whatsoever.

Man, you're obtuse. Life's too short for this crap.

Believe what you want to believe, you will anyway. I'm out.
Is that what they teach you at the temple volnutt-stein?

Actually, it's Volnutt-berg.

Rome doesn't care. Rome is actually very cool guy.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »
Serendipity in action. (Do spend the extra time on the links and videos. They're worth it.)

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »
Charles,

I am obviously not going to convince you, since I lost credibility to you. So my reply here is only to clarify my position.

1.  I'm not a "globalist" either.  I am "anti-world", whether it be collectively or separate nations and races.

2.  I do not ascribe to the "white man persecuting the world" ideology either.  I believe all races (and even those who are associated with the one true Church) are potential persecuters and murderers.  I pray to God not to let the sun down on my anger, and I am taught to fast and pray for those who do directly persecute my race (our Coptic priest and scholar Fr. Tadros Malaty asked us last year to dedicate Jonah's fast to ISIS), those who you seem to not see as part of the list of humans St. Paul desired to preach the gospel to.

3.  When I learned to have sympathy with those of my own race, I also wanted to learn to extend that sympathy to all races.  Therefore, even the white men and the British nationalists I too find them equally to love and to seek out.  These British Nationalists are using Christ's name blasphemously, and it is this I do not appreciate.  But I do not love any less.  Otherwise, if I really did hate white people or didn't care about them, I wouldn't even care to have this conversation with you.  I at least appreciate you agree they're not carrying Christ's name appropriately.

Now that I got those out of the way, consider this ideology.  I desire not of the world, nor of the passions of the world, but to be knit into the Godhead of the Holy Trinity, to be intimate with the Father, in the Son, by the Holy Spirit. The Kingdom is not created.  It is the uncreated I seek.  When you accuse me of following created ideology, then that proves to me you still do not know the gospel.  God became man so that man might become God. If we are still lingering in anger over race and nation and insulting those who we don't like as subhuman, then we have not really tasted what it means to be in the Kingdom.

God bless.
Mina, I understand what you're getting at and I agree with you for the most part. But this is a whole different dynamic altogether. I do not want these situations to get down to this level with the Nationalists vs the Islamics/immigrants/refugees, but it's going there anyway with the liberals and nation-wreckers pushing their policies on a people that don't want it, real everyday people that don't want to be part of of this NWO agenda and are not just going to roll over without a fight.

You say don't get angry, but there is a thing called righteous anger and you are not angry over what is going on in some places that is downright criminal, then you've slipped into moral zombie mode and it's all about us "wuving" each other.

That is never going to happen, especially when you have these sanctimonious idots trying to push ridiculous notions like "white privlege" or some other kind of cultural-marxist nonsense on us. It will only draw only more hate upon them and make those who it is directed at more dedicated in their resolve to resist those who are propagating this white-hate drivel.

I respect you being principled in your beliefs as I am in mine. You're better than most "christians" on this board.

Perhaps some day I can attain your level of spirituality.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
Heh. 8)

So much for your estimation of Dr. Swain. 8)
Perhaps, but it's light years beyond my estimation of you and all the other "white privlege" religious fanatics.

I say religion, because that's all it is, a cult with no proof whatsoever that it exists.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2016, 05:39:36 PM »
White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
Most of these "points" are unprovable points of view, and not fact.

1. I can, if I wish, arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
Blacks do too...all the time. THey even have themed events for their race, whereas if a white person did this, they'd be called a racist.

2. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area that I can afford and in which I would want to live
This isn't 1964.
3. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me
Again, this isn't 1964.
4. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed
A emotional point of view. In virtually everywhere in the coutry, the "follow the black guy" myth has been thoroughly debunked.
5. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented
Two things: 1. There are a plethora of "black themed" TV shows that don't involve the stereotypes. 2. Those that DO have the stereotypes, are usually ran by black people.
6. When I am told about our national heritage or about civilization, I am shown that people of my color made it what it is
To be brutally honest here, putting George Washington Carver on the same pedestal as George Washington is an extraordinary stretch. NOTE: I am no fan of George Washington at all....however, historically there is a difference in their impact.
7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
Testify to the existence of their race? Last I looked, nobody is saying black folks dont exist. This is simply a moronic statement.
8. If I want to, I can be pretty sure of finding a publisher for this piece on white privilege
Of course. people line up to publish this nonsensical idea. It makes them feel less racist.
9. I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented, into a supermarket and find the staple foods that fit with my cultural traditions, into a hairdresser's shop and find someone who can deal with my hair
There are zero stores in this country that dont have all of these covered, in spades.
10. Whether I use checks, credit cards, or cash, I can count on my skin color not to work against the appearance of financial reliability
I will stipulate to this one.
11. I can arrange to protect my children most of the time from people who might not like them.
Nathan Bedford Forrest has been dead a long time.
12. I can swear, or dress in second-hand clothes or not answer letters without having people attribute these choices to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of my race.
Then stop promoting it in your music/entertainment.
13. I can speak in public to a powerful male group without putting my race on trial.
I'll stipulate to this as well. Interestingly enough, most folks in that area of the legal system happen to be of a certain ,political persuasion........
14. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race.
Maybe you should read Billy Dee Williams' statement on this remark.
15. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group
Nope. Black folks have no problem volunteering their spokesmanship whenever it suits them. It takes about 25-30 seconds worth of searching on the internet to prove that.
16. I can remain oblivious of the language and customs of persons of color, who constitute the worlds' majority, without feeling in my culture any penalty for such oblivion
White folks was in caves while we were building empires…. We taught philosophy and astrology [sic] and mathematics before Socrates and those Greek homos ever got around to it. - Al Sharpton.
17. I can criticize our government and talk about how much I fear its policies and behavior without being seen as a cultural outsider.
No, you're seen as a redneck bigot who is simply racist against the black President.
18. I can be sure that if I ask to talk to "the person in charge" I will be facing a person of my race.
I will stipulate to this point.
19. If a traffic cop pulls me over, or if the IRS audits my tax return, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.
As someone who has a healthy mistrust of police, I will gladly stipulate to this as well.
20. I can easily buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys, and children's magazines featuring people of my race.
So can everyone else.....unless you're asian. But that doesnt fill the narrative....so lets move on.
21. I can go home from most meetings or organizations I belong to feeling somewhat tied in rather than isolated, out of place, outnumbered, unheard, held at a distance, or feared.
Again, this is an emotional observation and has no basis in provable fact.
22. I can take a job with an affirmative action employer without having coworkers on the job suspect that I got it because of race.
I will also give ground here. I've seen it as much deserved as undeserved.
23. I can choose public accommodations without fearing that people of my race cannot get in or will be mistreated in the places I have chosen.
Public accommodations? Such as?
24. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help my race will not work against me.
its actually easier to get both if you're a person of color.
25. If my day, week, or year is going badly, I need not ask of each negative episode or situation whether it has racial overtones.
If someone has to do this, its clearly because they want to.
26. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in flesh color that more or less matches my skin.
Ill also stipulate to this.

All in all, there are real problems. Theres no need to make up terms like "white privilege" which have been proven incredibly false numerous times. Lets stop with the amateur hour crap.

Now, if folks think Im a "racist" because of my comments, Ill not lose a wink of sleep over it. I know Im not, as does God. I just see no reason to play the smoke and mirrors game. The real issues need to be dealt with. Not the made up ones.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »

26. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in flesh color that more or less matches my skin.

Our band-aids all have Dora the Explorer on them. It does not match my skin color AT ALL!  :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:10:39 PM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2016, 06:20:44 PM »

Our band-aids all have Dora the Explorer on them. It does not match my skin color AT ALL!  :P
Dont be speakin' that Mexican stuff in here! Aint no hola nuthin!
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »

You should check out invisibandages
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Online Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »

You can borrow some of our Eeyore ones. I'm afraid the young one doesn't want to share Tigger.

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »
Perhaps some day I can attain your level of spirituality.

Charles, I'm nothing.  Really.  I simply know what I should do.  I just happen to fall short of it most of the time.  So if anything, I only tell you what my mentors have taught me.  So you and I can together try our best to attain their level of spirituality.

In the meantime, concerning righteous anger, one of our Egyptian desert fathers, St. Poemen taught in a hyperbolic sense again, "When your brother attacks you, whatever the insults are, if you get angry at him, you are getting angry without cause. Even if he were to pull out your right eye, and to cut off your right hand, if you get angry at him, you are getting angry without cause. Yet if he were to try to take you away from God, then get angry!"

It's okay to get angry, but some of us have yet to know the proper way to be angry.  Some of us get angry at the silliest things.  We can get angry at heresy and those who want us to be lead into heresy.  But we should not let that anger lead us to a position of thinking of people lower than human or of depriving them of the possibility of grace.  When we talk of the "wrath of God", we also talk of God who chastises, not out of vengeful punishment, but out of a sense of bring those who are astray back in the right direction.  Our anger should be anchored in love, and not in unfettered emotionality that can go horribly wrong.  Some people, when they get angry, they forget themselves.  Being drunk in anger, it can lead to violence.  It is why Christ implied that anger can considered as "murder of the heart" (cf. Matthew 5).

Therefore it seems to me from Church tradition, with what I have read thus far, if you can bridle your emotions, then you can be considered to practice righteous anger, because you are doing so as a spiritual father to the lost children, not as an enemy to a cursed sinner and lawbreaker, seeking to throw stones on the offender.

God bless.

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »
Charles, I'm nothing.  Really. 

Sock puppet?
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2016, 06:55:34 PM »

Sock puppet?

LOL!  I give you a honest and Shiny no!  Really.  ;)

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »
7. I can be sure that my children will be given curricular materials that testify to the existence of their race.
Testify to the existence of their race? Last I looked, nobody is saying black folks dont exist. This is simply a moronic statement.
On the contrary, the sanctimonious sages and holy men that push the religion of cultural-marxism tell us all the time "race does not exist", ESPECIALLY the white race in particular. According to them, all race color is a "social construct".

So, I want all the purveyors of the false meme of "white privlege" to explain to us how indeed there is this conception of all the advantages of belong to the "white" race, when there is no such thing as the "white race". Or any color for that matter.

I think a combination of guilt, self-hate, overeducation and the mental illness of liberalism has sent them strong delusion.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2016, 10:05:45 AM »
On the contrary, the sanctimonious sages and holy men that push the religion of cultural-marxism tell us all the time "race does not exist", ESPECIALLY the white race in particular. According to them, all race color is a "social construct".

So, I want all the purveyors of the false meme of "white privlege" to explain to us how indeed there is this conception of all the advantages of belong to the "white" race, when there is no such thing as the "white race". Or any color for that matter.

I think a combination of guilt, self-hate, overeducation and the mental illness of liberalism has sent them strong delusion.

Thread after thread you keep bringing that up without understanding what it actually means. To say that race is a social construct is to deny that it has some kind of immutable basis in biology (especially as regards ideas of one race being superior to another), not that it's a concept with social power.

People and institutions act as though it exists regardless of whether or not it's a concrete thing.

As for the quote, I think what the paper is referring to is less the denial that a given race exists, but (usually by omission) that people of that race had a significant role in history.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
Really? Now that's news. ;D

I simply know what I should do.  I just happen to fall short of it most of the time.
Join the club.

So if anything, I only tell you what my mentors have taught me.  So you and I can together try our best to attain their level of spirituality.
Spirituality yes. I don't believe that includes the capitulation of my nation, heritage and culture to an alien force invading with bad intentions, namely submitting to their pagan moon god and his false prophet. Actually mina, this is a spiritual battle as well as a Earthly one. Europe and it's peoples, are fighting for their very soul. We've kicked Mohamed out before, we will do it again. And I say "we" because these Europeans are a very extension of my lineage. Sorry if that offends you or anyone else, but  that means something to not only myself, but many European-descended people all over the world. Just like your concern for the Arabic peoples in their own lands and abroad.

In the meantime, concerning righteous anger, one of our Egyptian desert fathers, St. Poemen taught in a hyperbolic sense again, "When your brother attacks you, whatever the insults are, if you get angry at him, you are getting angry without cause. Even if he were to pull out your right eye, and to cut off your right hand, if you get angry at him, you are getting angry without cause. Yet if he were to try to take you away from God, then get angry!"
I'm sure he was speaking figuratively. When Jesus said things about cutting off one's own limbs or poking out your eyes, in order to avoid going to hell, he didn't mean it literally. I think what the saint is really trying to say is not to be too consumed in your anger in the physical realm with your brother unless he is attempting to cause you disbelief in some way.

But let's get one thing clear. Moslems are not my brothers. Not in the spiritual sense at least.

It's okay to get angry, but some of us have yet to know the proper way to be angry.  Some of us get angry at the silliest things.  We can get angry at heresy and those who want us to be lead into heresy.  But we should not let that anger lead us to a position of thinking of people lower than human or of depriving them of the possibility of grace.
If you can't get angry at people who are literally beating up and raping your people in your country as they brag about "taking over", then, you have no principles in my opnion. You might as well kneel before your conquerors and quietly accept dhimmitude and get it over with. And if you're going to act like an animal, then you're going to be treated like one. at least that's how it's done in a civilized society But, I don't think anyone is subhuman by birth or beyond grace, it's their actions that determine this view of them. If they weren't so brazen in their jihadist ways and fall in line with the rest of the culture that was hospitable enough to take them in, no one would have a problem with them, even their religion to a certain extent. But that's not what we're talking about here.

When we talk of the "wrath of God", we also talk of God who chastises, not out of vengeful punishment, but out of a sense of bring those who are astray back in the right direction.
And God uses whom and what as he pleases to chastise a people. the bible is full of this stuff. Perhaps he is using Islam at this momment to bring back Christendom that has fallen away in Europe in the modern era or have them cling to the one Faith that can truly save them from the threat of annihilation completely. I don't know, I don't care. As long as they are fighting back, it doesn't matter.

.  Our anger should be anchored in love, and not in unfettered emotionality that can go horribly wrong.
So I guess love of faith, family and nation don't count. All that stuff is just "unfettered" emotion. We should all be good pacifist, Christian robots with no emotion and just whither away. Because resisting your genocide or eventual displacement is all about "hate" or of a disordered spirituality. Personally, I don't think this is sound Christian reasoning.

Some people, when they get angry, they forget themselves.  Being drunk in anger, it can lead to violence.  It is why Christ implied that anger can considered as "murder of the heart" (cf. Matthew 5).
Yes, I understand this, misdirected and unrighteous anger is indeed a vice condemned by Jesus himself. But again, this is not the case with the Moslem invasion or "refu-asion" that's going on in Christian Europe right now. You're talking about revolutionary stuff and the sacking of a people and nation in their own house who are resisting this jihadist nonsense. I really don't believe Christ would condone this or if you get angry about this injustice as  you're committing "murder" in your heart. If these former Christians nations were truly part of the social Kingship of Christ, none of this would be going on right now and we wouldn't be waxing theologically or philosophically about "hate" or "drunken anger" in the heart. We would've beat these people back off the continent a long time ago.

Therefore it seems to me from Church tradition, with what I have read thus far, if you can bridle your emotions, then you can be considered to practice righteous anger, because you are doing so as a spiritual father to the lost children, not as an enemy to a cursed sinner and lawbreaker, seeking to throw stones on the offende
Again, I agree. But once it gets to the whole "pearls/swine" thing, how far do you take it? I can do my best to evangelize the moslem, but when he rejects the message of the Gospel and only focuses on usurping my country, raping my women and installing a sharia state, then the time for being a spiritual father is over and the righteous anger against the  usurping infidel begins. And at the risk of splitting hairs, I think that time has begun in some areas in Europe. lest we become another Egypt or Syria.

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »
If you can't get angry at people who are literally beating up and raping your people in your country as they brag about "taking over", then, you have no principles in my opnion.

The key to this is not bunch all people of a group into the same accusation.  For the same accusations you give them, the same can be said about "white people" as they took over lands, abused natives, and engaged in slave trade.  Don't mistake this for guilt shaming, but at some point, the anger you harbor in your heart, where you cannot even consider another human being as a brother or sister, not even in the spiritual sense, is not a "righteous anger".

But to misconstrue my love for Muslims as if I am complacent about what other Muslims do is a continuation of your misrepresentation of my principles.  Of course be angry at injustice and crime, but I would hope you also extend that same anger to the white man a couple of blocks away who may have also raped and killed those in your neighborhood.

One time, Fr. Mina the hermit (who later became our Pope St. Kyrillos VI, the saint pictured in my avatar) once told one of his spiritual children to give the whole antidoron to the Muslim man down the street with the money.  His spiritual son reacted with disgust.

"Why would you give the antidoron which you blessed in liturgy to the Muslim?"
Fr. Mina: "You don't love Muslims?"
"No, I hate Muslims."
"Okay, well just do as I said."
So he gave the man the antidoron and the money, and the Muslim man replied with joy and poetry, praising him, Fr. Mina, and the Copts.

The next day, this man went to celebrate the liturgy.  Fr. Mina said, "I'm sorry, you cannot partake of the Eucharist today.  Go, stand all the way back in the corner and repent from your sins.  Anyone who harbors hatred in his heart cannot partake of the Eucharist."

Charles, there's a very very very fine line between "righteous anger" and "hatred".  If you can't love your enemies, then what good is to you?  For Christ loved you and died for you while you were in your sins (Romans 5:8 ), and you can't do the same?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:43:39 PM by minasoliman »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2016, 04:44:49 PM »
For a deletd thread, this sure has gone on for a while.

::)

Ba-dum-bump, tish!
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:49 PM »
To say that race is a social construct is to deny that it has some kind of immutable basis in biology (especially as regards ideas of one race being superior to another), not that it's a concept with social power
Uh, reread what I posted. I'm not the one putting that idea out there, it's the idiocy of the multicults and the delusional left. they tell us on one hand "race doesn't really exist" and then want to implement all kinds of social and entitlement programs, hiring quotas, housing, education scholarships, etc.........all based on RACE. It's ridiculous and they're  insane.

People and institutions act as though it exists regardless of whether or not it's a concrete thing.
What "people"?

Oh right, "white" people.. But they don't exist, do they. More illogical circular reasoning. Try again.

As for the quote, I think what the paper is referring to is less the denial that a given race exists, but (usually by omission) that people of that race had a significant role in histor
More like they expect more significance than what they had at that time. Just like most folks of any given era. But I guess history revision is always an option, let's just start making up stuff to keep everyone happy I guess.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
To say that race is a social construct is to deny that it has some kind of immutable basis in biology (especially as regards ideas of one race being superior to another), not that it's a concept with social power
Uh, reread what I posted. I'm not the one putting that idea out there, it's the idiocy of the multicults and the delusional left.

I didn't say that you were the one saying that. I'm clarifying what the statement that race is a social construct means because you, despite your bravado, clearly don't understand it.
they tell us on one hand "race doesn't really exist" and then want to implement all kinds of social and entitlement programs, hiring quotas, housing, education scholarships, etc.........all based on RACE. It's ridiculous and they're  insane.

What "people"?

Oh right, "white" people.. But they don't exist, do they. More illogical circular reasoning. Try again.

No, people in general. Race (probably) doesn't exist as a fact of our biology, but it still exists as a fact of our culture that people believe in and act on. That's what it means to say that something is "merely" a social construct.

To use a relevant example, you and I both agree that the God of Islam does not exist (in the sense of the unique statements made about God in the Qu'ran, whether Muslims are somehow still calling upon the true God regardless is a related but different question). However, Islam is still a system that exists in the world and that people still believe in and act on. In other words, Islam is a social construct.

The reason that some liberals still propose policies based on race, is that race has power as a social construct that is ingrained in the belief systems of most people. The law has to deal with things as they are, not as they would be in some ideal raceless future.

As for the quote, I think what the paper is referring to is less the denial that a given race exists, but (usually by omission) that people of that race had a significant role in histor
More like they expect more significance than what they had at that time. Just like most folks of any given era. But I guess history revision is always an option, let's just start making up stuff to keep everyone happy I guess.

There's a difference between the historical revisionism that legitimate scholars have always practiced and the neocon boogeyman called "revisionist history," but getting into that here would probably derail the thread more than it already has been.

Suffice it to say, I support the former.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2016, 09:37:35 PM »
The key to this is not bunch all people of a group into the same accusation.  For the same accusations you give them, the same can be said about "white people" as they took over lands, abused natives, and engaged in slave trade.
Yet we don't hear no one whining about "Arab-moslem privilege" now do we. Even though they engaged in all of that in every land they inaveded and are STILL doing it today, that's when they're not just outright genociding people. But hey, let's still blame whitey for all the ills of the world, it's much more safer and convenient.

Don't mistake this for guilt shaming, but at some point, the anger you harbor in your heart, where you cannot even consider another human being as a brother or sister, not even in the spiritual sense, is not a "righteous anger".
What does light have to do with darkness? In what way are these infidel invaders any way possibly my brother? Let me ask you , do you consider neo-nazis who despise your very existence your "brother"? Or how about racist, Zionist Israeli Jews? How do you describe who or what would be defined as a "brother"?

But to misconstrue my love for Muslims as if I am complacent about what other Muslims do is a continuation of your misrepresentation of my principles.  Of course be angry at injustice and crime, but I would hope you also extend that same anger to the white man a couple of blocks away who may have also raped and killed those in your neighborhood.
What are you kidding me? Do you think every "white' man is my brother because of the color ( or non-color)of his skin? What kind of a fool do you take me for? I have a lot of nonwhite friends/associates who are much more my brothers than some white idiot out there committing random violent crimes. Matter of fact, i would probably be more angry at a white man committing those atrocities.

One time, Fr. Mina the hermit (who later became our Pope St. Kyrillos VI, the saint pictured in my avatar) once told one of his spiritual children to give the whole antidoron to the Muslim man down the street with the money.  His spiritual son reacted with disgust.
Ah, so that's who that is in your avatar. Never heard of him, but sounds like a holy man.

So he gave the man the antidoron and the money, and the Muslim man replied with joy and poetry, praising him, Fr. Mina, and the Copts.
I have no problem feeding a hungry man, regardless of race, color or creed.

The next day, this man went to celebrate the liturgy.  Fr. Mina said, "I'm sorry, you cannot partake of the Eucharist today.  Go, stand all the way back in the corner and repent from your sins.  Anyone who harbors hatred in his heart cannot partake of the Eucharist."
I agree. He shouldn't have acted like that. But i'm talking about resisting a malevolent force. not feeding a poor, hungry Moslem guy. I don't believe in harboring hatred for anyone, but I do recognize my enemies for what they are. you can fight the enemy without hating him AND defending you lands/people from unwanted invaders.

Charles, there's a very very very fine line between "righteous anger" and "hatred".  If you can't love your enemies, then what good is to you?
Define "love".

For Christ loved you and died for you while you were in your sins (Romans 5:8 ), and you can't do the same?
I won't really know if I'm prepared for martyrdom until the time comes. I don't think anybody really knows.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2016, 09:49:40 PM »
Quote from: Charles Martel
It's the very real attempt to genocide a people within their own borders for no other reason than to break it down as a civilization because it see it's civilization or Christendom as a threat to it's NWO-type agenda and elitist control of people and it's economies.

You think that Muslim refugees and second or third generation immigrant proles are "NWO elitists?" lol

Well we have to be fair to Charles Martel, I hope refuting him doesn't turn into one snark fest and lol'ing at him. A lot of Charles Martel's posts seem like pure frustration, and dissapointment on his part. It folks like that who are joining ethno-nationalist groups. Maybe it best to refute such folks, instead of being lol'ing at them, and maybe understand their concerns.

However now their a Muslim N.W.O., so many different ones. Ahh internet confusion.

No, not really. I'm white and I don't have any sympathy for frustrated white privilege.

Oh please give me a break. What privilege are you talking about? I'm not white btw, and I don't find white people having any privilege whatsoever. Maybe in the past they did, but not anymore.

Your post is exactly the type of nonsense that I hear from self-loathing, leftist, feeling good, white men.

Can you please count what you call "privileges"? Because so far, I don't see any.
Yes! Tell him Raylight!

Tell us volnutt what exactly is our white privilege?

Oh, I know, the privlege to get up and bust my butt all day at work so I can pay taxes and provide a bunch of whiners who do not want to go to work or school or improve themselves in any way and just sit around collect all kinds of free stuff and complain about "white privilege."

Right got it. No problem, it's my "privilege". ::)
Self improvement at work:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:51:40 PM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2016, 01:02:58 AM »

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2016, 01:24:08 AM »

Bless you.

Why leave the job to someone less qualified?    ;)
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2016, 01:26:38 AM »
I edited your post with numbers to make it easier for me to reply:

The key to this is not bunch all people of a group into the same accusation.  For the same accusations you give them, the same can be said about "white people" as they took over lands, abused natives, and engaged in slave trade.

1. Yet we don't hear no one whining about "Arab-moslem privilege" now do we. Even though they engaged in all of that in every land they inaveded and are STILL doing it today, that's when they're not just outright genociding people. But hey, let's still blame whitey for all the ills of the world, it's much more safer and convenient.

Don't mistake this for guilt shaming, but at some point, the anger you harbor in your heart, where you cannot even consider another human being as a brother or sister, not even in the spiritual sense, is not a "righteous anger".

2. What does light have to do with darkness? In what way are these infidel invaders any way possibly my brother? Let me ask you , do you consider neo-nazis who despise your very existence your "brother"? Or how about racist, Zionist Israeli Jews? How do you describe who or what would be defined as a "brother"?

3. What are you kidding me? Do you think every "white' man is my brother because of the color ( or non-color)of his skin? What kind of a fool do you take me for? I have a lot of nonwhite friends/associates who are much more my brothers than some white idiot out there committing random violent crimes. Matter of fact, i would probably be more angry at a white man committing those atrocities.

4. Ah, so that's who that is in your avatar. Never heard of him, but sounds like a holy man.

5. I have no problem feeding a hungry man, regardless of race, color or creed.

6. I agree. He shouldn't have acted like that. But i'm talking about resisting a malevolent force. not feeding a poor, hungry Moslem guy. I don't believe in harboring hatred for anyone, but I do recognize my enemies for what they are. you can fight the enemy without hating him AND defending you lands/people from unwanted invaders.

Charles, there's a very very very fine line between "righteous anger" and "hatred".  If you can't love your enemies, then what good is to you?

7. Define "love".

For Christ loved you and died for you while you were in your sins (Romans 5:8 ), and you can't do the same?

8. I won't really know if I'm prepared for martyrdom until the time comes. I don't think anybody really knows.

1. My main issue is not about white privilege or about social ills in our society here.  My main concern is about how you lump all Muslims together as if every Muslim you meet is an ISIS member.  Furthermore, my other concern is how you also harbor hatred on even those who are in fact criminal.  My main point is to be angry at injustice, to defend the helpless against injustice, sure!  But to do so without hating the enemy, no matter how evil the enemy may be.

2. I (should) consider Neo-Nazis, Zionists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. all brothers.  Brothers in humanity and children of God who all deserve a chance to be thought of as predestined for the Kingdom.  Anyone who is made in the image of God is a "brother".

3. Do you have non-Christian friends?  Do you Muslim friends?

6. I'm not against sending soldiers to fight off, let's say, ISIS.  But I think we deceive ourselves if we say that we can "identify our enemies" and "not hate them".  Someone you consider an enemy is precisely one who you hate.  Someone who considers you an enemy is still someone we should strive to love.  Christ called us friends while we were becoming enemies to Him.  That is how he laid down His life for us (John 15:13).

7. "bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

8. Then let's try our very best to at least achieve some level of spiritual growth in that direction by doing something very simple.  Pray for those who you would otherwise wish they were never born.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
It's the very real attempt to genocide a people within their own borders for no other reason than to break it down as a civilization because it see it's civilization or Christendom as a threat to it's NWO-type agenda and elitist control of people and it's economies.

You think that Muslim refugees and second or third generation immigrant proles are "NWO elitists?" lol

Well we have to be fair to Charles Martel, I hope refuting him doesn't turn into one snark fest and lol'ing at him. A lot of Charles Martel's posts seem like pure frustration, and dissapointment on his part. It folks like that who are joining ethno-nationalist groups. Maybe it best to refute such folks, instead of being lol'ing at them, and maybe understand their concerns.

However now their a Muslim N.W.O., so many different ones. Ahh internet confusion.

No, not really. I'm white and I don't have any sympathy for frustrated white privilege.

Oh please give me a break. What privilege are you talking about? I'm not white btw, and I don't find white people having any privilege whatsoever. Maybe in the past they did, but not anymore.

Your post is exactly the type of nonsense that I hear from self-loathing, leftist, feeling good, white men.

Can you please count what you call "privileges"? Because so far, I don't see any.
Yes! Tell him Raylight!

Oh, I know, the privlege to get up and bust my butt all day at work so I can pay taxes and provide a bunch of whiners who do not want to go to work or school or improve themselves in any way and just sit around collect all kinds of free stuff and complain about "white privilege."

Good pic of you hard at work, you're very "photo-genic". ;D

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »
My main concern is about how you lump all Muslims together as if every Muslim you meet is an ISIS member
Not quite true. If you go back in my post history you can clearly see that's I've actually defended the Moslems in Palestine, Iran and Syria. I don't necessarily use a one size fits all instrument measuring up all Moslems. But the problem i have right now, is the attitude of the ones invading Wetsern nations and having this sense of entitlement with  a serious hatred for the people that let them in to begin with. Also for the fact that a sharia state and dhimmitude is the end game for many of them. So, yea, I lump them altogether at this point given that scenario.

Furthermore, my other concern is how you also harbor hatred on even those who are in fact criminal.  My main point is to be angry at injustice, to defend the helpless against injustice, sure!  But to do so without hating the enemy, no matter how evil the enemy may be.
It all depends on how you define  "hate". Seems even God hated in sacred scripture;

As it is written: Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated[/i]. -Romans 9:13

I (should) consider Neo-Nazis, Zionists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc. all brothers.
I respectfully disagree. I'm sorry, pedophiles are not my brothers. Anyone who commits this violent sexual crime on an innocent child needs to be expunged from society and dispatched as soon as possible. And don't give me that Catholic priest stuff, they can be the first to go for all I care. Being a conscerated man of the cloth makes his crime that much more contemptible.

Anyone who is made in the image of God is a "brother".
Well, I guess in the spiritual sense, yes.

3. Do you have non-Christian friends?  Do you Muslim friends?
Most people I now are hardly christian and spiritually indifferent, so yes. I know a few black Muslims, they use their twisted version of Islam to support their racism against whitey, their mostly work asscociates and usually cordial enough, but I wouldn;t exactly consider them "friends".

6. I'm not against sending soldiers to fight off, let's say, ISIS.  But I think we deceive ourselves if we say that we can "identify our enemies" and "not hate them".  Someone you consider an enemy is precisely one who you hate.
Not necessarily, I can recognize where the opposition is in error and a malevolent force out to destroy me, my family or nation without being consumed by hatred of their existence. I look at it like a rabid animal attacking my family, I can put it down without 'hating" it per se. I know we're not talking about animals (actually, I don't want to offend animals, they're just going on instinct) but humans that are truly brainwashed or inherently disordered in some way. Either way, if their a danger to us, I can still oppose them without getting too emotionally involved. But I have to say, the emotion of hate can be a good thing. Are we not supposed to hate sin and not the sinner?

Someone who considers you an enemy is still someone we should strive to love.
That's truly a sad story and my heart goes out to them people, but , I'm sorry, the proper response in my opinion is to take ISIS out anyway they can, not coddle or "convert" them, they only see that as weakness. then the next one to get beheaded will be the mother. what a hoorible situation, one more reason why we can't let them infest European nations. It's either us or them and we will be victorious. Bank on it.

e.  Christ called us friends while we were becoming enemies to Him.  That is how he laid down His life for us (John 15:13
Why am I an enemy of Christ? What did I too become one? I'm sorry, but i've always had a problem with this collective guilt in some way that I'm somehow resonsible for the crucifixion of Christ. I know that's probably against most chruch teaching, but it's hard to conceive I'm guilty by association merely for the fact of being born. I admit, I struggle with this.

7. "bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
And yet the OT is full of God's judgement on the heathen;

7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
    today I have become your father.
8 Ask me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance,
    the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will break them with a rod of iron;
    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
    be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
    and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
    and your way will lead to your destruction,
-Pslam 2 7-12

Now I don't about you, but that doesn't sound like blessing the heathen to me.

8. Then let's try our very best to at least achieve some level of spiritual growth in that direction by doing something very simple.  Pray for those who you would otherwise wish they were never born.
I never wished anyone wasn't born, although Christ used them very words against Judas when he betrayed him. At any rate, praying for your enemies to have a change of heart can't be a bad thing I would suppose.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2016, 11:25:41 AM »
I particularly enjoy reading this thread while listening to Ray of Light by Madonna.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »

Yes! Tell him Raylight!

It's always proper to maintain a healthy photohygiene.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »
For a deletd thread, this sure has gone on for a while.

::)

Ba-dum-bump, tish!
Thanks for your part in keeping it going. :)

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2016, 11:29:02 AM »

Yes! Tell him Raylight!

It's always proper to maintain a healthy photohygiene.
Hey, at least they got your good side. ;)

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
I particularly enjoy reading this thread while listening to Ray of Light by Madonna.

I love you lately.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »

Bless you.

Why leave the job to someone less qualified?    ;)
I'm glad you appreciate how I can sift through mounds of feces. My knowledge of spewing feces seems not for nothing.

I'm going to need a recommendation from a reference on a possible promotion on cleaning baleen whales, would you be so kind to give a good word to my potential new employer?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:35:31 PM by nothing »