Author Topic: No other name by which to be saved  (Read 636 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
No other name by which to be saved
« on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:27 AM »
I don't feel so comfortable preaching this I know it is probably truth but it may not be my job and I may called a worker of iniquity by Jesus but I also feel maybe I should
Though I can't be a preacher I hope to prepare the way for one

We should love God above loved ones He loves them more than we do
He thirsts for their salvation
He is forced to put those in hell who reject Him He does not want to
If they can perish or their soul be put to sleep maybe they will (because even those in soul sleep can be considered to remain in hell even as they are not able to pay the last penny) but God does not want to throw away anyone He died for. If we choose to perish for the sake of a loved one but otherwise obeyed Him He will be saddened since you don't want to spend eternity with your creator and true father but He will still delight in His saved children but as it is said there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents.
Paul was tempted to be accursed from Christ for the sake of the Jews but he realised Christ's love and death for him deserves a response

Jesus said "He who overcomes I will not blot out his name from the book of life "

He thirsts for us to be in heaven which is maybe why there is a hell even for such people who are righteous but choose not to go to heaven because not everyone they know will be saved or rather because some of their loved ones won't be (for their case it is because God does not want to destroy them because He loves them maybe they will be put to soul sleep while the Devils and those like him will be put in everlasting fire) because He is in hell itself there is no place He is not but the darkness that is them comprehend it not so their blindness prevents them from enjoying His presence but there are those who God Himself tells them to depart maybe that is all the lost they are blind because He tells them to depart from Him
Maybe He puts them in hell because He wanted those people to be saved and not just the righteous people so He loses none in the sense that He still gets to have a relationship with those in hell because He will hear their prayers from hell and so Jesus said every sacrifice will be seasoned by fire. They will be an eternal sacrifice that pleases God they obtain some comfort from their prayer perhaps but they don't get to see God or heaven

"ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy"
(Colossians 9-11)

We only have one chance to be worthy of Him or we could say no we will be worthy later
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:48:05 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: No other name by which to be saved
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 01:28:14 AM »
The topic should be you need to love God more than all

Also perhaps a non Christian who never had anything against Christ personally only did not read the bible so his non Christian parents don't get hurt but who lived righteously may be saved and in some way has the Son even if he never believed supposing perhaps he asked for the truth but never read the bible
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:29:22 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:03:20 AM »
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:08:59 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 12:59:59 AM »
Well Jesus says no one goes to the Father except by Him much of the bible seems to say you need to repent and believe in Christ to be saved. But in any case no one goes to heaven except by repenting and obeying all of Jesus commandments not some other person or your parents when it conflicts with God.
I don't think there is any salvation except in Christ since we have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God and Jesus did not only say for God so loved the world that the believer may be saved but he who does not believe is condemned already
But I don't think we should think because we have no miracles we are excused from believing Jesus meant from now on people have to believe in Him because of the miracles He did before and the testimony of holy scripture. Besides Jesus gives signs for those who seek the truth so I have heard and if they were to look diligently for proof of His work on earth they would find it
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:00:55 AM by mikeforjesus »