Author Topic: The children of God are always successful. Do not bury your talents  (Read 762 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
But they don't cheat or stop spending time with God to get there. They may fail a lot but they eventually succeed

I am working at my cafe to learn how to be a business man and make enough money to start up my own electrical company in the future. It is my dream to understand how people became so technologically advanced so I can glorify God who helps us achieve all things so i am a good witness to Christ by helping the world move forward and I will make more money to help the poor and help others find jobs and careers to make more money

First I want to learn to write books to make money or make YouTube videos or some other way of making money so I have enough money to get others to teach me practical skills and knowledge in electronics so I can start a company
Yahoo answers and YouTube is not there for no reason

Like Jesus who performed miracles but refused to live as King on earth but to serve others I think the church tells us to be monks after we have succeeded in the world. So we don't look like we are escaping the real world and so we know that's what we really want to do and make an informed decision that we will produced more fruits away from the world

Read the book spiritual man by pope Shenouda iii. I will provide a quotation as a reply to this post

Balance it with
I want nothing of this world video by pope Shenouda iii
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-4-APT-hbMw

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: The children of God are always successful. Do not bury your talents
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »
From
http://www.saint-mary.net/books/The%20Spiritual%20Man.pdf

AMONG HIS QUALITIES: PROSPERITY
The Importance Of Prosperity and its Qualities
Any prosperity is a cause of joy for many.
Joy for the one who succeeds, joy for his family and his friends, joy for the whole church and may be joy for society in general. Joy for the angels and spirits of the saints and joy for God Himself...
St John the Apostle sent to his disciple Gaius, saying: “I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers” (3 Jn 2).
Prosperity is also among the qualities of the spiritual man.
He is the one about whom the Psalm says: “He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatever he does shall prosper” (Ps 1:3). And it has been said about the Upright Joseph: “The Lord was with Joseph and he was a successful man... And that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand” (Gen 39:2,3).
We notice here that it is prosperity in all things.
“Whatever he does shall prosper”... “The Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand”...

Excerpt truncated to enforce compliance with fair use provisions to US copyright laws. This and more can be read by following the link provided.  -PtA
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:52:01 AM by PeterTheAleut »

Offline JessicaH

• Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:46:54 AM »
Mike,

Good Luck on your business goals! :) I appreciate you posting "The Spiritual Man".  I am reading it now (page 30) and actually, it is what I needed to hear right now.  I have too much going on in my life and really need to focus on God. Have a great day! 
Luke 9:23 (KJV)
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 12:36:07 AM »
When psalm 1 says whatever he does shall prosper I think it does not mean he can do anything but because he is wise he will find out his talents and prosper in it. Some peoples definition of success is different. To one person he thinks he can succeed more in business and one thinks he can succeed more as a priest. One person thinks he can help the poor more one aspires to endure many heavy crosses to feel the pain of the poor and pray for them
But there is a time to gain and a time to lose
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:45:07 AM by mikeforjesus »