OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 05:25:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to understand the bible and others books wrote by holy men of God.  (Read 1534 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: July 30, 2005, 11:45:58 AM »

God first
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ

How to understand the bible and others books wrote by holy men of God.

2 Peter 1:21  For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The prophecy whether spoken, written, heard, or seen is what we call the word of God

This men moved as God gave them each and every word to speak, write, live, and freely give to others

The men of old time were moved by the spirit of God upon them but the men of new time are moved by the spirit within them the Christ in them

The old time is all creation from the beginning until the new creation the Christ in us

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Yes All creation done in the first seven days were for Christ by God but all creation after Christ rose from the dead were by Christ

It is Christ who quickens you as by him creating spirit within us of life

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God breath out body life image to all minerals, atoms, and what ever things are made of

Genesis 1:21  And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

God breath out flesh (soul) life image to all animal kind from the greatest to the less of all flesh life

Genesis 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God breath out spirit life image to all mankind Adam and Eve

breathing out gives life and that what God did

Until Adam and Eve kill the image of spiritual life or light which change the image from light to darkness

The light of the spirit burn out until Christ created a new light one that could never be put out that which Christ created him all that come unto him

Since we understand it was God who lead the men of old and its Christ who leads the men of new

Now if we be the men of new it will be Christ who teaches us

Matthew 22:16  And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

Who teaches the way Christ

Acts 8:30  And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31  And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

The men could not understand until he was lead into understanding but who guided Philip

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Christ in you will teach you all things for the word was wrote either by the spirit of God or the spirit of Christ

Luke 12:12  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Christ shall teach

1 Corinthians 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Yes we learn not by works of the life (image) of the body or the works of the life of the life (image) of the soul but by spiritual life (image) leading spiritual life (image)

By making our body and soul subject to our spirit and our spirit subject to Christ which is subject to God

So its by our spirit being taught or lead by the spirit of Christ which is lead by God’s spirit

But when do word studies and works come in when the Christ in you directs your path to do one

For work to prove their understanding but I say ask and you will receive understanding from Christ

Reach for understanding by reading while you ask Christ  1,000,000,000,....... questions as you read like the child who ask why is the sky blue? Where do babies come from? What is work? And all the endless questions a child might ask

Come as a child with a heart you be taught by your brother Christ

Its Christ breathing out understanding unto you and God breathing out to Christ what to tell you as you breath in all that you receive from above and you breath it out to others

with love and a holy kiss Roy

NULL
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 04:38:13 PM »

I like strawberry shakes. Papayas are good straight as fruit

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 04:46:25 PM »

Yea, but what Ive done is to cut the papaya into chunks, freeze it (b/c it was a huge papaya and theres no way I could eat it all at once) and then use the frozen fruit instead of ice in smoothies. It's phenomenal!

Qui cantat, bis orat
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

The men of old time were moved by the spirit of God upon them but the men of new time are moved by the spirit within them the Christ in them

The Spirit of God = The Spirit of Christ; please read Romans 8. If you acknowledge the divine function of revelation as being a property of both the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God, yet at the same time maintain separation between them, then you are no more than a polytheist.

Its Christ breathing out understanding unto you

Uhuh…and this He does through the One Holy Universal Apostolic Orthodox Church, the instrument of divine revelation to the world. It is because you seek to understand the word of God outside the Church that you fall into the heresy of polytheism, regardless of any honest or genuine intentions.

Peace.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 07:58:12 PM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
year2027
Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 10:56:14 PM »

God first

Beloved EkhristosAnesti

God bless your heart

Yes I seek my the true church the body of Jesus Christ the Christ in us

All churches that use houses of wood, stone, or things like this are just fleshly churches but I go to the church made of spirit which last for all times

Now I can not tell you were to go to church nor would I ever do

But lets look at the bible

Matt 26:61  And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Which temple was Jesus Christ talking about the temple of his body

Matt 27:40  And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Mark 14:58  We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

Mark 15:29  And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,

John 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21  But he spake of the temple of his body.

there you go Jesus Christ is the temple as are you and me if we have Christ in us

hope this helps but take you time as you think about my words because you must do what is best for you

I just share but its up to you if you use what I share or not

thanks and yes peace

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 07:03:05 AM »

Yes I seek my the true church the body of Jesus Christ the Christ in us

All churches that use houses of wood, stone, or things like this are just fleshly churches but I go to the church made of spirit which last for all times

Your false conception of the One and only True Church is dealt with thoroughly in the following link; knock yourself out: http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/inq_church.aspx

I only have time to discuss one or two issues with you, and you deliberetely evaded dealing with the fact that according to Romans 8 the Spirit of Christ is equated with the Spirit of God according to the fact these expressions are used interchangeably. You also did not answer to the fact that by acknowledging that both "Spirits" possess the divine attribute of revelation, yet in the same breath maintaining that they are separate in existence and reality, that you have essentially affirmed two divinites, and hence you have fallen into polytheism.

But lets look at the bible

Matt 26:61ÂÂ  And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

Which temple was Jesus Christ talking about the temple of his body

…

there you go Jesus Christ is the temple as are you and me if we have Christ in us

WRONG. The Bible does not make this equation. Christ is indeed the Temple of God, and we too may be considered temples of God, but definitely NOT in the same sense; to do so would be utter blasphemy, which is the very result of your attempt to oversimplify the matter through faulty logic and deceptive eisegesis according to your private interpretation.

If we look at the verses in which the individual or even the Church as a whole is identified as the temple of God, the context clearly indicates that this is by virtue of the fact that the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God AND Christ) dwells in and works through the Church and the individuals which make up the Church. (see 1 Corinth. 3:16-17; 6:19)

On the other hand, Christ’s being the temple of God is a proof of His divinity — evidence of the very fact that He is God. As N.T Wright notes in his The Challenge of Jesus, “The Temple was the greatest Jewish symbol, and Jesus was challenging it, claiming authority over it, claiming for Himself and His mission the central place the Temple had occupied…just as the Temple pointed to the sacrificial meeting of the Covenant God and his people, the sign of forgiveness and hope, of God dwelling in their midst as the God of covenant renewal, covenant steadfastness, and covenant love, so now too Jesus…was claiming that here, in his own work, in his own person, all that the temple had stood for was being summoned up in a new and final way.”

One of the indications that Wright mentions, is seen in St John the Apostle’s description of the Incarnation in John 1:14; allow me to paste a brief, incomplete (yet sufficient for this purpose), commentary that I had written of this verse, in which we see the Apostle drawing an implicit yet clear connection between God’s dwelling in the midst of His people via the Temple, and God’s dwelling in the midst of His people via The Incarnation or en-fleshment of His eternally divine Word:

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
[/i][/color]

The Word becomes flesh, however without ceasing to be God — which is the "mystery of Godliness" (1 Timothy 3:16). He assumed a complete and perfect human nature that is consubtantial with mankind; this includes both a physical body and rational soul. In the Old Testament, God’s divine glory/presence dwelt or tabernacled in the temple — here Christ’s body is the temple in which the “the fullness of deity dwells”, and thus the divine glory amidst humanity through the Incarnation. The glory of The Word which the Apostles beheld was the manifestation of the very presence of God, shown in His words and deeds (2:11), and more fully beheld in His transfiguration and Holy Resurrection. The Son is eternally born of the Father; He has no beginning, but rather has His source in the Father. He is the “only” begotten, for no other is born of the Father in this manner, and thus He is consubstantial with His source, possessing the same divine Essence. (The Holy Spirit exists eternally from the Father through another mystery called “procession”).

There is something important to note however concerning the expression used in verse 14 translated, “dwelt among us” or “made His dwelling among us” - and that is, it literally means “lived in a tent.” The imagery St John is trying to convey here, is that God pitched His tent among us and temporarily settled in our midst through Jesus the Messiah.

Examining this in more depth, we discover that when Solomon dedicated the Temple of the Lord, he said “The Lord has said that he would dwell in a dark cloud; I have built a magnificent temple for you, a place for you to dwell forever.” (2 Chronicles 6:1-2). Understanding the limitations of such a building, Solomon then says: “But will God really dwell on earth with men? The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less this temple (In Hebrew, the temple is often referred to as a “house”) I have built!” (2 Chron. 6:18). Nonetheless, despite his inability to comprehend the ways of the Lord, He knew that this was the promise God had given to Israel through Moses: “Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them” (Exod. 25:Cool The God whom the heavens and the earth could not contain would dwell in the midst of His people in the Tabernacle (literally an elaborate tent) and Temple. Furthermore, He would do this by “pitching His tent” among them. This is exactly how the Septuagint expressed 2 Chronicles 6:1-2, by translating the word dwell with the Greek verb “to pitch a tent”, exactly as it is said in John 1:14. In this sense, Christ becomes the replacement of the ancient Tabernacle, The divine, being present in a very real sense, without diminishing God's omnipresence, the Glory of God filling and being manifested through both the ancient tabernacle and temple, as well as Christ Jesus in the last days.

I just share but its up to you if you use what I share or not

God has allowed you to expose your errors so that you may be admonished and rectified according to the standards of the eternal Orthodox truth which has been revealed to and preserved by the Orthodox Church for over 2 millennium. It is up to you to wake up, and to understand that it is the Holy Orthodox Church which has been entrusted with the exegesis of the Scriptures; it is not up to your own individual wishful thinking.

Peace.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:04:18 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: