OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 11:46:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALL THINGS COMMON  (Read 2280 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: July 30, 2005, 01:03:22 AM »

God first

All Things Common

(Acts 4:32)  "And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common."

In the book of Acts chapter four and thirty second verse we read, how the multitude had all things common. The multitude being the frist centry Church was of one heart and soul but today there are no Chuches of one heart and one soul.

Now the Churches have great heart and soul and I’m thankful for the Churches of today. But one must live up to the times we live in these evil days closer to the end before the return of Christ. If one watches TV at all, one see’s the open promotion of the devil’s power, esp,ufo and more than I care to cover.

What did the frist centry Church do to prove they were of one heart and soul? They the multitude of belivers said of the things they possessed was not there own, and then they took action by selling there possessing, trusting God to divided it into the Church according to needs.

(Acts 4:33)  "And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."

(Acts 4:34)  "Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,"

(Acts 4:35)  "And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."

(Acts 4:36)  "And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,"

(Acts 4:37)  "Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet."
 Why did they do this ?

(Mat 22:37)  "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

(Mat 22:38)  "This is the first and great commandment."

(Mat 22:39)  "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." They love God they way Jesus Christ taught them too, but not just God there beliving neighboures also.

Sure we do this today? Yes, But no one does. We have not been blessed with the leadership of the frist centry Church. Most of the leadership of today love and are not trying to use us. But the few bad ones have made it hard for us to trust the good leadership of today.

God understands the times we live, He has watch the world get more and more evil each day.

(Acts 10:34)  "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

Today we love God with all l’ll heart and soul on a one on one basic. The multitude love is there but weak, for example I might share my car with you or Fread, without a righteouse need, but would I share it with a beliver that a stranger for a righteouse need.

Why has this come into being? FEAR that the world has taught us some of this fear we see though but most we belive is righteouse. How can we stop this? We can stop by understanding they could be fear and once understanding there could be fear we stop and ask God what to do, because only God knows a righteouse need from a young beliver trying to use you.

Yes this all gets back to I’ll dayily walk with God and his son Jesus Christ. It’s one day at a time dividing the evil from Good, and completing a day knowing we did not miss any good we could have done for God.

This story is one of the greatest story told in the Bible of the heart of giving. But when one reads Acts 5:1-11. So I will try to help you see what happen here.

(Acts 5:1-11)  "But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it, at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things."

But if one looks close at

Acts 5:1 [ “But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,"] one notice the phase “a certain man” not certain beliver if one recall

Acts 4:32 [ "And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common."]

“multiude of them that belived” and that “a certain man” allways refers to a man of the world.
 As to why God kill them .

God did not kill them the Devil did. The reason Peter knew they would fall dead, God told Him what the devils would do about Ananias not being able to get into the Church to steal from God’s house.

Great respect or fear came upon the people because they know God took care them even to the earlthy things they had. God watch over them and told leadership what to do. There is more to the depth of this story but I’m just staring to understand it myself allso. Please sent me your imput for to help me finish this teaching.

thanks

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 01:33:49 AM »

I like making papaya shakes. They're good.

Qui cantat, bis orat
sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 03:38:15 AM »

I am not sure about papaya.. slightly too... acidic, if you know what I mean... I do love strawberry ones though....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:38:37 AM by sin_vladimirov » Logged

Lord have mercy.
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 03:40:50 AM »

no, its not acidic at all, it's actually a creamy addition to a dairy-less shake.

I like strawberries, plain Silk soymilk, honey, and vanilla and some sugar. Blend it all together and you have a very tasty smoothie.

Qui cantat, bis orat
Kosmas

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 06:34:25 AM »

Beloved Brother Roy

It sems you have hit the nail on the head . It seems that the Early Church had fathers who cared for their flock and they (the believers) looked up to their elders. These days not many faithful look up to their Bishops and Priests as their Fathers any more.

Instead they treat the clergy with disrespect, mistrust and hatred. Spreading lies and scandals to prevent others from being seen supporting them and in effect stopping them from being saved.

And if they do appear to be holy and pious in the face of their Elders,  once they have turned their backs the "pious Christians" change their form and become like demons...children of Satan, their mouths fill with accusations and horrible rumors.

So how can we return to the times when the Elders were truly seen and deeply respected as Fathers and the faithful were seen as beloved children of the Church again? What must we do to have Fathers who are seen to be closer to us and who love us and care for us? Can all things become common to all again? When will our trust for our Clergy ever return? When will the Churches of God cease to be the property of people, committees and "communities" and finally become entrusted to the leaders of the Church, our Fathers?

It seems the Early Church faced the same dillema we are facing now. Ananias and Sapphira lost their trust in their elders the Apostles because of their selfish pride and reluctance to accept Christianity whole-heartedly, they wanted to keep a portion to themselves -- just in case.

It starts with us, we must change first then others will follow. Only in this way will we become one in mind and heart. Only by having trust and true respect and true love for our masters and fathers can we ever hope to become children of the Church again.

And which Church are we talking about? The Church is not only the structure or the contents of the churches we have built, the true Church is the unity of body and soul with our leaders who are our heads, and their head is Christ our God. Ecclesia of God means to be called together by God.

St. Ignatius of Antioch, in his Letter to the Ephesians reminds them that "all of you to the last, without exception, through God's grace are united in common faith and in Jesus Christ..., so obey the Bishop and the Presbyters in complete harmony, breaking one bread, this remedy for immortality."

St Cyprian writes  'where the bishop is, there is the Church' and 'he cannot have God for his Father who does not have the Church for his mother'.

This does not mean that we worship the bishops or enter into a cultic fellowship or bishop-olatry, all ths means is that we must be united with our bishops and (genuinely) support them. This is not to be a symbolic gesture or a false praise and flattery but a genuine willingness to offer service to Christ's Representatives on earth.

In Christ,

Kosmas

«Ουδείς εκών κακός» Σωκράτης
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 07:11:40 AM »

Kosmas

You have a thoughtful reply and heartfelt; however, prior to you discussing this further maybe you should start your own topic and continue this. I say this because Roy has posted many rants and self proclaimed prophecies on this site. He is not Orthodox and does not believe that Jesus is God. Pray for him.

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
year2027
Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »

God first

Beloved Kosmas

God bless your heart my friend

Thanks I glad to understood I wrote many years ago it was wrote as a teaching to bless others I glad it did you

You words are clear and to the point and that what a tread should get a reply the adds to the truth thank you again

Beloved aserb

God bless you

Why does it matter who writes something as long as its truth

People need to read for truth and stop this judging I am sure more of my beliefs line up with your beliefs than do not

I am truthful what about you

NULL
heavymg

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 12:29:05 PM »

God first

Beloved Kosmas

God bless your heart my friend

Thanks I glad to understood I wrote many years ago it was wrote as a teaching to bless others I glad it did you

You words are clear and to the point and that what a tread should get a reply the adds to the truth thank you again

Beloved aserb

God bless you

Why does it matter who writes something as long as its truth

People need to read for truth and stop this judging I am sure more of my beliefs line up with your beliefs than do not

I am truthful what about you

I can't make heads or tails of anything you write.. Try writing in regular paragraphs and complete sentences. If you did this you will get better responses. I'm sure you post here for a reason?

IC XC
NI KA
year2027
Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 10:42:26 PM »

God first

Beloved heavymg

God bless your loving heart

Than read the bible for the verses I used and then look for what I wrote about them

I sorry my grammer is not perfect I wrote this many years ago but since people tell me a got better

It like any thing it takes time

NULL
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 12:38:41 AM »

These wierd sola scriptura types reject all the saints and their teachings as traditions of men, yet always seem to have no qualms claiming the prophetic gift...
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 01:00:11 AM »

Silouan

SO TRUE

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
Kosmas

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 01:12:29 AM »

Dear Roy,

Is this true? How can you not accept that Jesus is the Son of God, the Word of God incarnate?

The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. (John 5:22

In Christ

Kosmas

«Ουδείς εκών κακός» Σωκράτης
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2005, 01:14:46 AM »

Kosmas

AMEN

year2027
Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 03:27:27 AM »

God first

Beloved Silouan

God bless your heart

Yes I speak by word of Prophecy but I am no Prophet I all so speak in tongues and I do interpretation of tongues as the word teaching in 1 Cor

I have all nine gifts of the spirit

There is faith, working of miracles; prophecy; discerning of spirits; divers kinds of tongues; interpretation of tongues: gifts of healing; word of wisdom; word of knowledge

hope this helps

Beloved Kosmas

God bless your heart

I do believe and accept Jesus Christ is the Son of God and my Lord and Savior

The words he speaks I listen to but I know he all ways does the father's will in actions of his flesh life which is past, what he spoke and what he did

What he speakes today is what Gods wants him to speak and yes he has free will but he has choice to do God's will and set his aside

Yes Jesus Christ was made judge but he does this the way God would of done it

but lets read the verse again

The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. (John 5:22

So you are saying Jesus Christ is the son of God so do I say Jesus Christ is the son of God

I honor the son and I honor the father

I never read the word incarnate in the bible

The word of God is living and its God but that word may of made or created the seed in Mary making the seed Christ but the blood lines still God's

But believe has you see best as I will

NULL
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 04:57:27 PM »

Yes I speak by word of Prophecy but I am no Prophet I all so speak in tongues and I do interpretation of tongues as the word teaching in 1 Cor

There is faith, working of miracles; prophecy; discerning of spirits; divers kinds of tongues; interpretation of tongues: gifts of healing; word of wisdom; word of knowledge

â€Â  Irini nem ehmot â€Â

You may believe you have all nine gifts, but I have a question... where is the humility?

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 05:13:27 PM »

hope this helps

The words he speaks I listen to but I know he all ways does the father's will in actions of his flesh life which is past, what he spoke and what he did

What he speakes today is what Gods wants him to speak and yes he has free will but he has choice to do God's will and set his aside

Yes Jesus Christ was made judge but he does this the way God would of done it

but lets read the verse again

So you are saying Jesus Christ is the son of God so do I say Jesus Christ is the son of God

I honor the son and I honor the father

I never read the word incarnate in the bible

The word of God is living and its God but that word may of made or created the seed in Mary making the seed Christ but the blood lines still God's

But believe has you see best as I will

Anaxios!  Anaxios!  Anaxios!

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
SeanMc

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 05:19:13 PM »

Anaxios!  Anaxios!  Anaxios!

Off-topic, but: What do Axios and Anaxios mean?
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 05:31:41 PM »

"worthy" and "unworthy"

They are used by the congregation during the ordination of anyone--if the person is worthy, the people proclaim such by saying Axios, Axios, Axios! If they are unworthy of ordination, the opposite is spoken (though THIS would be unusual!)

Qui cantat, bis orat
SeanMc

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 05:38:28 PM »

"worthy" and "unworthy"

Thanks!

I'm wondering if it developed out of "agios" as I notice that many Greek words change, like if agios was the original, it would be a velar consonant turining into a double consonant (of course, I take agios to mean holy, but holy and worthy are cognate).

So is the X in Axios a xi or a chi? And how would one pronounce it in modern Greek? (I was think Ax-i-os at first, but it could be Adz-i-os, or Akh-i-os among other things).
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »

So is the X in Axios a xi or a chi? And how would one pronounce it in modern Greek? (I was think Ax-i-os at first, but it could be Adz-i-os, or Akh-i-os among other things).

It is a "xi", and it is pronounced "A-ksi-os".

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 05:52:19 PM »

One thing that really bugs me is when the letter χ is transliterated as x.  The Serbs are smart, they were able to figuere out to translate their Ñ… as h - apparently Greeks are quite there yet.  If you want to keep the same appearence and a different sound, what is the point of transliterating?

ev Xpisto
Silouanos
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 06:06:01 PM »

One thing that really bugs me is when the letter χ is transliterated as x.ÂÂ  The Serbs are smart, they were able to figuere out to translate their Ñ… as h - apparently Greeks are quite there yet.ÂÂ  If you want to keep the same appearence and a different sound, what is the point of transliterating?

I don't think you can quite blame the greeks for this. Science in the english speaking world began transliterating greek words for scientific taxonomy (a classic example in itself) and began this practice a long time ago. Also, there is a discrepency between "academic" pronounciation of Greek, and modern pronounciation of Greek. For the sake of avoiding confusion,the academic transliteration has continued to date. If it were not, then "eurythmics"," Eugene", "Eucharist" should be pronounced "evrythmics", "Evegene" and "Evharist". Can the Greeks help it if english relies so heavily on their language? Wink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 06:07:13 PM by ozgeorge » Logged

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »

Also, there is a discrepency between "academic" pronunciation of Greek, and modern pronunciation of Greek. For the sake of avoiding confusion,the academic transliteration has continued to date.

It really is interesting when you attend a Greek parish and the person next to you may be a visitor or whatever and only knows the academic pronunciation. It actually is painful to hear what the visitor pronounces. Still, they're a guest, so you have to be nice and smile at them while you pronounce it properly and hope they pick up on it.

Somewhere (and the poster this is directed towards knows of what I am referring to) there is a website with a recording of the Lord's Prayer spoken in Academic Greek with a strong Southern accent. It makes you think of chewing off your own ears rather than endure hearing it any more....

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: