Author Topic: Homosexuality among monastics  (Read 5226 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Homosexuality among monastics
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
Locked pending review

Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 12:36:31 AM »
Some of the replies here imply that monastics were/are almost exclusively homosexual.  I've met several monks who were battling their passions because of their past excesses with women.

Every religious male celibate I've known, save one, was homosexual and "struggling" to one degree or another with it. Meaning from having a de facto same sex marriage or clearly gay and trying not to act on it.

This was mostly old world guys, so maybe the more rampant homophobia drive more gays into the habit than here in the states. But based on the number of lisping monks I've met here, I dunno.

I have encountered no monk, and I've met around 50, who had a gay lisp.   Indeed, none of them struck me as being gay.
You're just attracted to the str8acting ones prob

I wish he told us more about that handsome Armenian archbishop of archimandrite whose masses he attended and at whose looks  he used to marvel though

Augustin717,

For the ad hominem directly against wgw and for your posting history, you are on 30 additional penalty points, placing you on maximum post moderation.

Mina

edit: thread remains locked until further review
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:40:57 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline minasoliman

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2016, 05:11:49 PM »
Based on what I wrote here:

Enough with the tit-for-tat crap here, and this is for the last three replies here.  One of you have to be adult enough not to continue with this garbage.

Here's how adults should discuss:

Reply #33.  I disagree with your teaching
Reply #34.  Why?
Reply #35.  He mentioned it already in reply #6, the idea of not defending God, but doing good.

Now, I get it.  This may be dull and boring, and not lively.  But apparently, either we become too forward and hurtful or we become reactive to hurtful comments.  I'm not going to go through the whole spiel of "well, this is the internet, he didn't mean it that way, bla bla bla." Or in the case of this section, "This is the FFA, it has some lax rules, bla bla bla" 

No!  It seems like you guys don't seem to get it.  No matter how many times it's said.  So I'm going to give a different standard.

In every thread that becomes this contentious or this edgy, if I am able to catch you before you start throwing ad hominems at each other, I will ask for a "boring and dull" professional discussion.  Anyone who crosses the line over my directive will get a penalty, even by standards of snark that do not break the letter of the rules in the forum.  I will start doing so very soon in another thread I locked.  Every single FFA thread that have some childish behavior of either those who are baiters or baited, I will put in the "boring and dull" directive until people grow up.

I'm sick and tired of this crap.  Enough is enough!  We all have lives, and we can't babysit you 24 hours.  Be adults!

Thread unlocked.

Mina

I'm initiating the "boring and dull" directive.  Answer the questions of the OP professionally without snark, without disrespect, without inappropriateness.  These are very broad terms, and it is in your favor to be very strict with yourself in the broadness of these terms.  Otherwise, I will penalize you for disrespecting my directive, even if you did not break the letter of the rules.  The rules also state to respect moderator directives.  So you will respect this one.

Also, I want to add, just because I make these directives does not mean I will accept any member in the forum to make any report to the forum and ask me make these directives.  Your reports or pm's can be subject to being ignored by me, especially if you are someone who has a history of being acquainted with the rules and continue to make unnecessary reports.

God bless.

Mina

thread unlocked
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 05:41:38 PM by minasoliman »