Author Topic: An Example of the Mentality of Why the "Great & Holy"Council is a Waste & Danger  (Read 365 times)

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
The Ecumenical Throne "The Ark of Liberties"
Russian aspirations cannot overcome the Sacred Grace of Place…

The Ecumenical Throne is based in Constantinople (the modern city of Istanbul, Turkey) since the earliest days of Christianity. The See of Constantinople a direct result of Christ’s Apostolic directive “go therefore and make disciples of all nations”. The Apostle Stachys was one of the Seventy Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. In 38 AD the Apostle Andrew appointed him first bishop of the city of Byzantium which would later become Constantinople the new capital of the Roman Empire. This New-Rome in 330 A.D. founded by Constantine and become the epicenter of history, Christianity in general and Hellenic Orthodoxy in particular. The ancient See received the title Ecumenical in the 6th century. The current Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew is the 270th successor of the See established by Andrew the First Called Apostle of Christ and brother to the Apostle Peter (An in depth history available at www.patriarchate.org).

The establishment of the Patriarchate of Moscow is a bit more complicated, mired with intrigue.
http://www.archonelias.com/1/post/2015/09/russian-aspirations-cannot-overcome-the-sacred-grace-of-place.html#comments

talk about revisionism and propaganda.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 03:02:10 PM by ialmisry »
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Why have I read that? And why this blogpost in meaningful to anything?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
Seems like the E.P. is pushing his own version of papal infalibility. This council might not happen afterall.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
since the earliest days of Christianity
Earliest huh?
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
all i see is

'...is a bit more complicated, mired with intrigue. '

its the Orthodox Church......what ISN'T mired in intrigue?
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.