Author Topic: Facebook friend issue  (Read 644 times)

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
Facebook friend issue
« on: January 17, 2016, 08:13:10 PM »
Anyway to stop a FB friend from "shadowing" you and commenting on posts from other friends of yours (that they don't even know) that you have commented on?  I don't know how my comments to other friends of mine pop up in her news feed. I'm not seeing any of my other FB friends comments to conversations they have with others that I don't know. Really couldn't figure out anything on the privacy settings.  Frustrated!

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Facebook friend issue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »

Yes...you can block them.

If you block them they won't ever see your posts on other Friend's walls.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 08:20:04 PM »
Anyway to stop a FB friend from "shadowing" you and commenting on posts from other friends of yours (that they don't even know) that you have commented on?  I don't know how my comments to other friends of mine pop up in her news feed. I'm not seeing any of my other FB friends comments to conversations they have with others that I don't know. Really couldn't figure out anything on the privacy settings.  Frustrated!

I don't know how to do it on mobile, but if you're on a computer, go to the person's profile... next to the "message" button there is a button with "..." on it. Click on that and you can block the person from there.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:01 PM »
Kinda didn't want to have to block her, but . . .

Kelly - I see how to block the way you described. Is this a permanent block (like when you click on "settings", then "blocking") or am I still keep in touch and message her?

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »

I do not think you will be able to "see" each other after one or the other blocks one or the other...so, no... you won't be able to message them, either.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 08:44:50 PM »
Okay . . . thanks!