Author Topic: Can someone translate this into Greek?  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Peace

• Faith: Orthodox Christian
Can someone translate this into Greek?
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/servolav.htm
:) thanks anyone who would like to do the translation

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
Re: Can someone translate this into Greek?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
When do you need this by?
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Peace

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
When? Not on a  specific day :)

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:39:38 PM »

If it is going to be sung, it needs to be metered to thst tone 2 melody. Thst will take time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:40:36 PM by scamandrius »
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Peace

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 06:06:38 AM »

If it is going to be sung, it needs to be metered to thst tone 2 melody. Thst will take time.
I would just like to know the translation since my english are not very good, just that , no singing :)

Offline Peace

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
So.. anyone who could help? : )

Offline Peace

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 07:34:49 PM »
Any one to help please :)

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »
You might look at some Greek forum. I'd love to help the other way round in some way, but English to Greek is something a Greek would me much more likely to be able to do.

I actually thought you were Greek.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
How would one literally word for word translate 1 Clement 20:8 where he talks about the world on the other side of the ocean:
(Page 19 on the document below)
philippemoga.free.fr/clement.php
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »
How would one literally word for word translate 1 Clement 20:8 where he talks about the world on the other side of the ocean:
"The ocean, infinite (or maybe unlimitable?) to men, and the worlds beyond it, are ammended by the same commandments of the Master."
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »
"Непроходимый для людей океан, и миры за ним находящиеся, управляются теми же повелениями Господа."

The ocean impassable for people, and the words located behind it, are controlled by the same decrees of the Lord.

~Latvian Bible society's translation into Russian.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:29:48 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 11:21:17 PM »

Ocean endless to|for-humans and the among|after-it worlds|systems to|for-the-same-battlefronts|jurisdictions|commands of-the-master are-continually-being-steered. Put in standard English order, with certain usages arbitrarily preferred and a dative of cause assumed: Endless-to-humans ocean and the worlds after it are continually being steered by the same commands of the master's.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:22:20 PM by Porter ODoran »
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »

Ocean endless to|for-humans and the among|after-it worlds|systems to|for-the-same-battlefronts|jurisdictions|commands of-the-master are-continually-being-steered. Put in standard English order, with certain usages arbitrarily preferred and a dative of cause assumed: Endless-to-humans ocean and the worlds after it are continually being steered by the same commands of the master's.
I don't see how dieuthyno could be translated as "I steer", do you have references?

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 12:25:03 AM »

Good job.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 01:15:32 PM »
ὠκεανὸς ἀπέραντος ἀνθρώποις καὶ οἱ μετ’ αὐτὸν κόσμοι ταῖς αὐταῖς ταγαῖς του δεσπότου διευθύνονται.

My transcription of the Greek:
Okeanos aperantos anthropois kai oi met auton kosmoi tais autais tauais tou despotou dieuthunontai.

I liked Porter's word lineup:
Ocean endless to|for-humans and the among|after-it worlds|systems to|for-the-same-battlefronts|jurisdictions|commands of-the-master are-continually-being-steered.

"Endless-to-humans ocean and the worlds after it are continually being steered by the same commands of the master's." ~ Porter

"The ocean, infinite (or maybe unlimitable?) to men, and the worlds beyond it, are ammended by the same commandments of the Master." ~ Raphacam

Where did you learn Greek, Rapha?

The ocean, endless to humans, and the worlds among it, are continually being governed by the same commands of the master.
?

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »
Where did you learn Greek, Rapha?
I started just reading Greek texts and random info in different websites, then I perfected my skill using more organised methods and taking classes in university.