OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:03:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOVE PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE  (Read 1152 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: July 27, 2005, 09:15:34 PM »

God first

LOVE PEOPLE WHERE THEY ARE

Hi friends
  I wrote this about 15 years ago or so and this might help you learn how to help other

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Love people where they are is not about new believers one witness too. But how to deal with people that believe God but their Beliefs do not line up with yours. Since there is only one God we all believe in, we much learn how to love each other.

For the last three years God has been teaching me how to love people where they are. I have found that many people are being destroy because of lack of knowledge of the Word of God, but before one can give them the knowledge they so much need, one must learn to love them. One can love someone into change but never talk one into change. For years I try to talk others into change as so many others did.

Now I’m not saying  to lie about your beliefs but to not bring up a belief just to change one. I say stands tall on your beliefs while not challenging others peoples beliefs. If you love a brother or sister where they are and you are not cutting down their beliefs but at the same time not lying about yours if question, they will come to you and ask  you why you belief this or that.

That when you stand tall and tell them because your not pushing your beliefs on them and they are ready to consider a difference way. But remember for all you know you might be the one that beliefs are wrong. For there is only one correct understanding of a part of scripture but if you work together you will get the correct understanding even if both parties are wrong.

This subject is not one I can walk you through or write every thing that you will see. The best thing I can tell you that it’s a day by day with God on how to Love people where they are since there are so many types of Churches today, but one must remember that their only one Lord Jesus Christ and one Heavenly Father God.

with love Roy
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:16:17 PM by year2027 » Logged

NULL
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:28:02 PM »

Christ said that we must worship in spirit and truth, what do you believe he meant by this?

What is the answer to Pilate's question, "What is the truth?"
year2027
Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 10:21:06 PM »

God first

Beloved Silouan

God bless your loving heart

you ask
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christ said that we must worship in spirit and truth, what do you believe he meant by this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First one must study to see what spirit is?

John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So God is a spirit but lets look more

1 Cor 12:7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

so there are manifestation of the spirit and they are given to every man

every man means me and you and all other men

but lets move on

1 Cor 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

last noun the men so to one being the men and another being the men by the same spirit

lets move on

1 Cor 12:9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Here again another is the men

and he has noun is every man so every person it is divide to has the person free will reaches for

but lets look more

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

So now we have fruit of the spirit

what is fruit of men but a child just fruit of a apple tree is its apples

Gen 30:2  And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?

but lets see what elst you ask
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the answer to Pilate's question, "What is the truth?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
every one that comes from the mouth of God no matter whether I speak or you or even his so Jesus the Christ

NULL
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 11:44:29 PM »

God first

Hi friends
  I wrote this about 15 years ago or so and this might help you learn how to help other

Love people where they are is not about new believers one witness too. But how to deal with people that believe God but their Beliefs do not line up with yours. Since there is only one God we all believe in, we much learn how to love each other.

For the last three years God has been teaching me how to love people where they are. I have found that many people are being destroy because of lack of knowledge of the Word of God, but before one can give them the knowledge they so much need, one must learn to love them. One can love someone into change but never talk one into change. For years I try to talk others into change as so many others did.

Now I’m not saying  to lie about your beliefs but to not bring up a belief just to change one. I say stands tall on your beliefs while not challenging others peoples beliefs. If you love a brother or sister where they are and you are not cutting down their beliefs but at the same time not lying about yours if question, they will come to you and ask  you why you belief this or that.

That when you stand tall and tell them because your not pushing your beliefs on them and they are ready to consider a difference way. But remember for all you know you might be the one that beliefs are wrong. For there is only one correct understanding of a part of scripture but if you work together you will get the correct understanding even if both parties are wrong.

This subject is not one I can walk you through or write every thing that you will see. The best thing I can tell you that it’s a day by day with God on how to Love people where they are since there are so many types of Churches today, but one must remember that their only one Lord Jesus Christ and one Heavenly Father God.

with love Roy

â€Â  Irini nem ehmot â€Â

I agree that we should certainly love everyone.  That is Christ's command to us.  However, what you are suggesting is tantamount to saying, "We should allow all forms of heresy to propogate and stand idly by and do nothing about it".  Clearly this is not right.  If we take the examples of St. Athanasius (among others) who fought against the Arian heresy, or St. Cyril when he faced Nestorius then  we most certainly must correct corrupted and flawed views.  It is our duty to do so.  Of course, this must be done with love and respect.  I am by no means suggesting we do it by force.  However, we cannot just sit by and say, "You have your faith and I have mine" and that's it.  We have the TRUTH, and as such we should be shouting it from the rooftops.  We want all to share in this Truth that we have.  We must spread the gospel as others have done before us.  Of course not all will listen and accept.  But then, at least we did our part and afterwards we can, "shake off the dust from your feet." (Matthew 10:14).

Prayers please.

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
year2027
Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 10:18:42 AM »

God first

Beloved Cephas

God loves you

Yes we must share the truth but what about this verse

Rom 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

To put it in simple words I never bring up trinty unless ask about because what I believe is not the same as most others do

Try-ing to get others to see me for the love in my heart first and then I can talk about our beliefs that may or may not line up with each other

You see I share with others the best I can as I try not to put a stumblingblock in their way which will close their hears to what I might share with them

We must learn that we can teach each other things and stop thinking we are allways right

I have recheck my beliefs over and over and every time someone comes at one with a differ look I look again

Yes lets be shouting God's love from the rooftops but when we teach each other ilets understand that we can be wrong on some doctrines So lets be meek and slow when we teach while listern to others beliefs

I have change my beliefs many times and my personal beliefs are made up of many differ churches I have learn from all churches that I been blessed to fellowship with

We can learn from all men just like Paul did

NULL
emmanuelmelo

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 04:02:18 PM »

Roy,

You may mean well. but seriously your posts creep me out.  Maybe I am just an idiot college student, but the holy kiss blowing your way stuff is just plan odd. 

NULL
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 04:33:40 PM »

Roy,

You may mean well. but seriously your posts creep me out.ÂÂ  Maybe I am just an idiot college student, but the holy kiss blowing your way stuff is just plan odd.ÂÂ  

It's not just you.  It's seriously creepy...even if he does try to pass it off as being an explicit scriptural commandment.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
year2027
Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 07:31:44 PM »

God first

Beloved emmanuelmelo and Veniamin

God bless your hearts

If its the word of God than your fight is not with me but God

Tell him not me I am just doing as the word of God told me to do

thanks

A spiritual kiss I have blow at you and not a fleshly kiss which I could not do

NULL