OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Arabic Help  (Read 2183 times) Average Rating: 0
SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« on: July 28, 2005, 01:46:37 PM »

I need the phonetic pronunciation in Arabic for:

"God is the Lord which has shown us light.  Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord."

Anyone?

In Christ,

Michael

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
djrak

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire" - 1 Thess 5:19

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 03:02:29 AM »

I need the phonetic pronunciation in Arabic for:
"God is the Lord which has shown us light.ÂÂ  Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord."
"Al-rabba hoowa Allah wa bi-noorihi ada-a lana. Moubarakon al-ati bi-ism al-rabbi "
"The Lord is God and he has made his light shine upon us. Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 03:07:53 AM by djrak » Logged

"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" - John 14:9
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 03:26:57 AM »

Whoa, I will never complain about Greek ever again.  Arabic looks tough. 
djrak

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 03:47:55 AM »

it's definitely harder than greek.

Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 06:37:56 AM »

Yes, I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, the three hardest languages in the world is:

Chinese-Mandarin
Russian
Arabic

You think that is tough....at least Djrak wrote it in Arabic with English letters....try reading Arabic letters.... Grin Wink

In Christ,
Hadel
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 06:41:17 AM by Hadel » Logged

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 07:23:53 AM »

Interesting about Chinese, as I grew up in an area with a fair amount of people from China.  As I understand it once you get used to the diferent pitches it is a fairly easy language and if you use pin-yin to write.  The real Chinese alphabet is the killer though. 
djrak

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 08:09:37 AM »

Interesting about Chinese, as I grew up in an area with a fair amount of people from China.ÂÂ  As I understand it once you get used to the diferent pitches it is a fairly easy language and if you use pin-yin to write.ÂÂ  The real Chinese alphabet is the killer though.ÂÂ  
Japenese alphabet is the most fun, you form words with combinations of sketches and symbols.

SakranMM
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Most Holy Theotokos, save us!

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »

Thanks for the help.  I'm a second generation Arab, but I speak very little Arabic...I can't read it at all.  I'm all for using a majority of English in the services here in America, but a little Arabic every now and then is nice.

In Christ,

Michael

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..."
Eugenio
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I love them all

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 02:07:56 PM »

For sheer difficulty, I've heard that Finnish, Hungarian and Georgian are even tougher languages.
yBeayf
High Elder

/etc

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 06:03:20 PM »

Yes, I have heard, correct me if I am wrong, the three hardest languages in the world is:

Chinese-Mandarin
Russian
Arabic

It depends on where you're coming from. These are three of the hardest for English speakers to learn, but they would be quite easy for a Cantonese, a Serb, and an Ethiopian to learn.

For sheer difficulty, I've heard that Finnish, Hungarian and Georgian are even tougher languages.

Finnish and Hungarian are both Finno-Ugric languages, and Georgian is practically an isolate, having only a few very small relatives. What they all have in common, though, along with most Caucasian languages and the Turkic languages, is that they are all highly agglutinative, and therefore extremely regular. They have few or no irregular verbs or nouns. For a speaker of an Indo-European language, they are going to be somewhat difficult simply because they work in a different way and have little shared vocabulary with IE languages, but looked at objectively they are some of the easier languages to learn. They don't have the stereotypical IE features of gender, multiple declensions, irregular conjugations, and sound mutations occurring when word endings change.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 06:04:00 PM by yBeayf » Logged
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 10:04:47 PM »

Biblical Hebrew is a killer...I just finished a painful semester of it at university...

Peace.

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: