OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 11:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Stories and Miracles ~  (Read 1096 times) Average Rating: 0
eleni

« on: July 23, 2005, 01:26:46 PM »

Here are a few true stories and miracles ......I would like to share.
Forgiveness

Brother Gabriel was many years in the monastery, but he did not hurry to become a monk. When asked why he did not become a monk, he said, 'It is a great honor to be a monk, but I am not worthy of that honor.' But with his zeal, his work and obedience, there was not a better monk in the monastery.

With other things, Gabriel also had this custom. Every Saturday, before the bell for vespers, he passed by all the cells of the monks and novices saying, 'Bless me and forgive me the sinner.' And the father, knowing his custom, would say, 'May God bless you and forgive you.' And then the novice Gabriel would go on to the next cell until he had finished all of them.

Once I asked him why he did this, and he explained to me: "I read in an old book that every Saturday, after vespers, all the choirs of angels gather before the throne of God to hear the report of the guardian angels of humanity and each comes before the throne of the Heavenly Father and reports the activity of the person. And the angels of people who commit sins are sad, but the angels of the people who do good deads are joyful and brilliant. The Heavenly Father is happy with the good deads and 'there is joy in heaven over the sinner who repents.' Beyond the divine throne there stand two ranks of angels: one radiant and glorious and the other awesome and austere. Then God sends the radiant angels to reward the good people and the awesome to punish the sinners. Therefore I forgive others and ask their forgivesness so that my guardian angel might go up cheerfully with his report to the Heavenly Father and that I might escape the trial of the fearsome angels.

http://www.geocities.com/lelefty/Storiesmiracles.htm

Glory be to God
Lord have mercy on me a sinner
IX
 helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 01:44:01 AM »

Thank you Eleni, I love stories like these....it made my day before start of work.  Smiley

In Christ,
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
eleni

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 11:30:05 AM »

Thank you Eleni, I love stories like these....it made my day before start of work.  Smiley

In Christ,
Hadel

Your welcome Hadel Smiley

I like reading stories like these as well .....good for the soul.

here is also 'sayings of the Fathers, or rather ''Gleanings from the Holy Fathers''

many topics on the left of the page,just click to read the sayings of Holy fathers and Saints.

http://www.orthodox.net/gleanings/sub_all_topics.html

IX
helen
Lord have mercy on me a sinner,
please pray for me.

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
year2027
Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 10:40:19 PM »

God first