Author Topic: Ethnic themed festivals  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: Ethnic themed festivals
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2017, 12:37:31 PM »
Schema monk hoodies

I swear I saw something like this at a Vespers I attended recently.  I didn't point her out to RaphaCam or Mina because I didn't want to disturb their pure prayers...there's nothing like a Greek woman in a tight Schema tee, jeans, and heels to stir up logismoi.

Dat veil tho.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Online Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »
Schema monk hoodies

I swear I saw something like this at a Vespers I attended recently.  I didn't point her out to RaphaCam or Mina because I didn't want to disturb their pure prayers...there's nothing like a Greek woman in a tight Schema tee, jeans, and heels to stir up logismoi.

Dat veil tho.

I think she may have had one of those too!!
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2017, 01:55:50 PM »
Schema monk hoodies

Dat veil tho.

Don't tell Alpha60.  In addition to his other afflictions, the poor guy will have a coronary!
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2017, 03:23:14 AM »
I'm hoping for a hipster-themed Orthodox festival, if for nothing else, but to annoy AN.

By all means, please gather all of the Hipsterdox in one place and by all means make me aware of the time and location.  Nothing bad will happen, I swear.   :D

I'll might could be talked into joining you for nothing to happen.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

• Taxiarches
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2017, 08:06:20 AM »
I'm hoping for a hipster-themed Orthodox festival, if for nothing else, but to annoy AN.

By all means, please gather all of the Hipsterdox in one place and by all means make me aware of the time and location.  Nothing bad will happen, I swear.   :D

Right, because we all know what an even tempered fellow you are! ;)
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Alpha60

• The Confederate Flag Is Diabolical and Blasphemous
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2017, 08:24:17 AM »
Schema monk hoodies

Dat veil tho.

Don't tell Alpha60.  In addition to his other afflictions, the poor guy will have a coronary!

Well, I have bleeding ulcers, so a coronary would be rather unpleasant as I might not notice that it was transpiring.   Time is muscle, as they say, and I expect I would run out of it.
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »
Schema monk hoodies

Dat veil tho.

Well, I have bleeding ulcers, so a coronary would be rather unpleasant as I might not notice that it was transpiring.   Time is muscle, as they say, and I expect I would run out of it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:31:33 AM by Antonious Nikolas »
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 08:57:27 PM »

Guess I had that coming.  You're probably right though.  Best I don't go looking for trouble.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

• Taxiarches
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2017, 10:00:24 PM »

Guess I had that coming.  You're probably right though.  Best I don't go looking for trouble.

That wasn't a dig.  It was a joke, son, a joke!  I guess Arachne's right about the limitations of the format sans body language and tone.  I thought you kidded me, I kidded you back here.  No slight intended.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2017, 10:05:52 PM »

That wasn't a dig.  It was a joke, son, a joke!  I guess Arachne's right about the limitations of the format sans body language and tone.  I thought you kidded me, I kidded you back here.  No slight intended.

I didn't take it as a dig or slight, broham.  :)  I was poking fun at myself.  :P  Arachne's onto something for sure.   

• Taxiarches
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »

I didn't take it as a dig or slight, broham.  :)  I was poking fun at myself.  :P  Arachne's onto something for sure.

Okay.  So we're good then  :)
Now accepting brief PMs.