OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 06:53:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thank you and take care  (Read 1070 times) Average Rating: 0
arjuna3110

« on: July 23, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »

Dear Everyone,

After much prayer and reflection, I have decided to remain a Catholic for the time being.  I have decided that for two reasons.  I feel, in my gut and soul, that Christ wants me to be in the Catholic Church.  I also think that true orthodoxy is the process of theosis: the Holy Spirit uniting all dimensions of the human person with Jesus Christ.  I think that can be done in the Catholic Church; and the readings of Orthodox theology have helped me understand that process much better.  Thank you, all of you, for your prayerful support.  Take care and God Bless.

sin_vladimirov
ANAXIOS!
Elder

ICXC NIKA

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 10:03:11 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Lord have mercy.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 05:07:54 PM »

I wish you well. Smiley

jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 05:10:53 PM »

Godspeed.  Smiley
arjuna3110

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »

An Update:

I moved to my new city three weeks ago (on 15 August).  Since then, I have attended Divien Liturgy three times at the local Greek Orthodox church.  (No, I did not receive Communion -- out of respect for the fact of the schism.)

As much as I planned to leave Orthodoxy aside and to try to be a good Catholic, I cannot. 

When I attended Catholic Mass -- especially in the last three weeks-- I felt like I entered the latest denomination of liberal Protesantism.  I felt like an alien.

When I attended Divine Liturgy, I felt like I had actually worshipped God.  I also felt spiritually at home there.

Catholicism is cataphatic.  Orthodoxy is apophatic.  And, I have an apophatic disposition to my soul.  It feels like Orthodoxy is a Church that is built for people like me.  I don't feel like an alien there.  I feel normal there.

From what I have read and experienced, I feel strongly drawn to Orthodoxy.  I am also beginning to conclude that Ortodoxy has preserved the fullness of the Gospel better than any other Church.  Yet, I have my own Church and I feel great loyalty towards it.  Please say a prayer for me as I try to sort this all out. 

I am also trying to find a good Orthodox monastery in Ohio.  I found the website for St. Theodore in Gallion, Ohio.  It is a skete of a larger monastery, also in Ohio; and it is of the Greek Orthodox jurisdction.  Has anyone heard if it has any reputation -- good or bad?  Can anyone recommend a good monastery in Ohio?

I really need to find someone to talk to in person.  I may approach the pastor of the local Greek othodox Church, but I would prefer to find a monk: someone who can understand the wrestling in my soul and who can help me.

Thank you.
Landon77
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Antiochian Western Orthodox in exile)

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 02:16:56 PM »

I know where you're coming from.  Any time I'm really tempted to become Roman Catholic, I just attend a Catholic Mass and that pretty much takes care of the desire.

"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: