Author Topic: thank you and take care  (Read 1627 times)

Offline arjuna3110

thank you and take care
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »
Dear Everyone,

After much prayer and reflection, I have decided to remain a Catholic for the time being.  I have decided that for two reasons.  I feel, in my gut and soul, that Christ wants me to be in the Catholic Church.  I also think that true orthodoxy is the process of theosis: the Holy Spirit uniting all dimensions of the human person with Jesus Christ.  I think that can be done in the Catholic Church; and the readings of Orthodox theology have helped me understand that process much better.  Thank you, all of you, for your prayerful support.  Take care and God Bless.

Offline sin_vladimirov

• ANAXIOS!
  • Elder
  • ICXC NIKA
Re: thank you and take care
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 10:03:11 AM »
Lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 05:07:54 PM »
I wish you well. :)
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline jlerms

• High Elder
  • O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 05:10:53 PM »

Godspeed.  :)

Offline arjuna3110

i'm back
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »
An Update:

I moved to my new city three weeks ago (on 15 August).  Since then, I have attended Divien Liturgy three times at the local Greek Orthodox church.  (No, I did not receive Communion -- out of respect for the fact of the schism.)

As much as I planned to leave Orthodoxy aside and to try to be a good Catholic, I cannot. 

When I attended Catholic Mass -- especially in the last three weeks-- I felt like I entered the latest denomination of liberal Protesantism.  I felt like an alien.

When I attended Divine Liturgy, I felt like I had actually worshipped God.  I also felt spiritually at home there.

Catholicism is cataphatic.  Orthodoxy is apophatic.  And, I have an apophatic disposition to my soul.  It feels like Orthodoxy is a Church that is built for people like me.  I don't feel like an alien there.  I feel normal there.

From what I have read and experienced, I feel strongly drawn to Orthodoxy.  I am also beginning to conclude that Ortodoxy has preserved the fullness of the Gospel better than any other Church.  Yet, I have my own Church and I feel great loyalty towards it.  Please say a prayer for me as I try to sort this all out. 

I am also trying to find a good Orthodox monastery in Ohio.  I found the website for St. Theodore in Gallion, Ohio.  It is a skete of a larger monastery, also in Ohio; and it is of the Greek Orthodox jurisdction.  Has anyone heard if it has any reputation -- good or bad?  Can anyone recommend a good monastery in Ohio?

I really need to find someone to talk to in person.  I may approach the pastor of the local Greek othodox Church, but I would prefer to find a monk: someone who can understand the wrestling in my soul and who can help me.

Thank you.

Offline Landon77

• Elder
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 02:16:56 PM »
  I know where you're coming from.  Any time I'm really tempted to become Roman Catholic, I just attend a Catholic Mass and that pretty much takes care of the desire.
"How stands your mighty god? My God is stronger than he."  -St. Boniface