Author Topic: Compelling rejection of premature unity from the Assyrians  (Read 615 times)

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Compelling rejection of premature unity from the Assyrians
« on: November 04, 2015, 02:01:49 AM »
The Assyrian Church of the East in July rejected an overture from Rome to full ecclesiastical union (or rather I should say from Babylon, not to engage in any kind of inane Protestant rant, but rather because of the amusing fact the proposal originated from HB Mar Louis Sako, the Chaldean Patriarch of Babylon).

http://news.assyrianchurch.org/2015/07/10/authenticity-in-unity-a-personal-reflection-on-present-day-questions-concerning-the-unity-of-the-church-of-the-east/12378

"We would all far rather be martyred by those who do not confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord than abolish our own ecclesiastical tradition by our own hands."   Eloquent.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
Re: Compelling rejection of premature unity from the Assyrians
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
"We would all far rather be martyred by those who do not confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord than abolish our own ecclesiastical tradition by our own hands."   Eloquent.

What a quote!  Eloquent indeed!  All of the folks in the Coptic Church who support the shameful shunning of the Church of the East from ecumenical bodies like the Middle East Council of Churches as well as those who are shamefully clamoring for unity with the Vatican should take note.  Those who hypocritically hold to both positions are probably too far gone to even see why the statement is significant.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Compelling rejection of premature unity from the Assyrians
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »

What a quote!  Eloquent indeed!  All of the folks in the Coptic Church who support the shameful shunning of the Church of the East from ecumenical bodies like the Middle East Council of Churches as well as those who are shamefully clamoring for unity with the Vatican should take note.  Those who hypocritically hold to both positions are probably too far gone to even see why the statement is significant.

I agree enthusiastically with that sentiment.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!