Author Topic: Antisemitism In The Church  (Read 3198 times)

Raylight

Re: Antisemitism In The Church
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »
Quote from: Raylight
Eastern Orthodoxy is still in some ways stuck in the first and second century mindset.

Sounds like a compliment.

Maybe I had to be more specific; I mean the Eastern Orthodox Church is still stuck with the hate and violence that were popular among of the first and second century people against the Jews.

Raylight is still stuck in the 21st century toxic mindset. Believe it or not you're the minority; most people will agree with what rules over them at the time without even considering what is right or wrong. It's just a game of which radical minority takes the throne.

I'm glad to be in the "minority". At least I'm not a Nazi lover, at least I don't support clergy going side by side with Nazis. But hey, I guess the God you believe in is okay with being Nazi, apparently Islam influenced your way of thinking, just like it did to many Arab Christians.

Many Arab Christians adapted some teachings from Islam, including but not limited to: disrespect to women, honor killing, antisemitism, and hating each other because of denominational differences. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:22:34 PM by Raylight »

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 04:19:57 PM »
also, for every single statement you have insinuated thusfar:

And you better have a LOT of objective, nonbiased sources without political slants, because your little post has desecrated and defiled millions of pious Orthodox you will NEVER know from hundreds of other cultures and nations, in your tiny, narrow little uneducated polemical sanctimonious Marxist revisionist neo-colonial worldview. I would consider what you posted to be nothing less blasphemy against Christ, the saints, the faithful laity, and the Church itself. God have mercy on you.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »
Eastern Orthodoxy is still in some ways stuck in the first and second century mindset.

Maybe I had to be more specific; I mean the Eastern Orthodox Church is still stuck with the hate and violence that were popular among of the first and second century people against the Jews.

Raylight is still stuck in the 21st century toxic mindset. Believe it or not you're the minority; most people will agree with what rules over them at the time without even considering what is right or wrong. It's just a game of which radical minority takes the throne.

I'm glad to be in the "minority". At least I'm not a Nazi lover, at least I don't support clergy going side by side with Nazis. But hey, I guess the God you believe in is okay with being Nazi, apparently Islam influenced your way of thinking, just like it did to many Arab Christians.

Reported.

Raylight

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 04:25:43 PM »

Reported.

Oh report it, please go ahead.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 04:26:35 PM »

Reported.

Keep making a fool of yourself.

Raylight

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2015, 04:27:05 PM »

And you better have a LOT of objective, nonbiased sources without political slants, because your little post has desecrated and defiled millions of pious Orthodox you will NEVER know from hundreds of other cultures and nations, in your tiny, narrow little uneducated polemical sanctimonious Marxist revisionist neo-colonial worldview. I would consider what you posted to be nothing less blasphemy against Christ, the saints, the faithful laity, and the Church itself. God have mercy on you.

Hahaha, blasphemy. Are you serious? Again, it is Islam speaking. Because in Islam you can use such words very easily to describe any comment you don't agree with.

Raylight

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

Reported.

The fool is the one that allows a religion like Islam to influence him to the point of self-loathing.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »

Hahaha, blasphemy. Are you serious? Again, it is Islam speaking. Because in Islam you can use such words very easily to describe any comment you don't agree with.

I'm sure you make a lot of friends in the Church with these sorts of comments. You are insignificant.

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
So anyway, now that we've thoroughly horrified ergro...
1. Father Giryus rightly explained how the political situation explains Palestinian Orthodox resentment of Israelis, and that Jews in our Church are loved as part of our Church family. Since the military occupation of Palestine is a political topic, I ask you to discuss this in a thread I made in the Politics section below.

2. The ADL survey's criteria involved politics, like the survey question about "loyalty" to the Israeli state. Therefore I request you to discuss it in that new thread below.

Fringe anti-Semites as a fringe in the Orthodox Church
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,66873.new.html#new

3. "Brother" Nathanael Kapner was only a temporary novice monk in a tiny schismatic "Orthodox" church that our Orthodox church doesn't recognize. Since he was only temporarily a monk, he should not be called a monk or Brother. In fact, the way he dresses totally conflicts with a novice monk, and it's weird how he has black and white gloves on opposite hands, like the black and white colors corresponding to those of Baphomet. His effect is to make Orthodoxy look bad, and ROCOR rightly tells him to stop, because he has at times even openly supported white nationalism, which is not an Orthodox teaching.
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2015, 04:29:30 PM »

Reported.

The fool is the one that allows a religion like Islam to influence him to the point of self-loathing.

[citation needed]

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »
But hey, I guess the God you believe in is okay with being Nazi, apparently Islam influenced your way of thinking, just like it did to many Arab Christians.

Many Arab Christians adapted some teachings from Islam, including but not limited to: disrespect to women, honor killing, antisemitism, and hating each other because of denominational differences.
Stop.
"Honor Killing" by Palestinian Christians?
Palestinian Christians are some of the best at caring for eachother across denominations because they are so few in number.
This is more insulting nonsense that should be discussed and refuted in the Politics thread I made (http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,66873.new.html#new), not this Converts thread.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:34:43 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
So anyway, now that we've thoroughly horrified ergro...
1. Father Giryus rightly explained how the political situation explains Palestinian Orthodox resentment of Israelis, and that Jews in our Church are loved as part of our Church family. Since the military occupation of Palestine is a political topic, I ask you to discuss this in a thread I made in the Politics section below.

2. The ADL survey's criteria involved politics, like the survey question about "loyalty" to the Israeli state. Therefore I request you to discuss it in that new thread below.

3. "Brother" Nathanael Kapner was only a temporary novice monk in a tiny schismatic "Orthodox" church that our Orthodox church doesn't recognize. Since he was only temporarily a monk, he should not be called a monk or Brother. In fact, the way he dresses totally conflicts with a novice monk, and it's weird how he has black and white gloves on opposite hands, like the black and white colors corresponding to those of Baphomet. His effect is to make Orthodoxy look bad, and ROCOR rightly tells him to stop, because he has at times even openly supported white nationalism, which is not an Orthodox teaching.

rakovsky, I'm not sure where you're getting these stories from, or what that thread is as I refuse to join that political forum, but accusing other Christians of Satanism is serious and antithetical to Christ's teachings.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2015, 04:35:19 PM »

You are disgusting.

Raylight

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »
But hey, I guess the God you believe in is okay with being Nazi, apparently Islam influenced your way of thinking, just like it did to many Arab Christians.

Stop.
"Honor Killing"?
Palestinian Christians are some of the best at caring for eachother across denominations because they are so few in number.
This is more insulting nonsense that should be discussed and refuted in the Politics section, not the Converts one.

I wasn't talking about Palestinian Christians, I was talking about Arab Christians in general.

Raylight

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2015, 04:36:01 PM »

You are disgusting.

Reported. ;)

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »

Stop.
"Honor Killing"?
This is more insulting nonsense that should be discussed and refuted in the Politics section, not the Converts one.

I wasn't talking about Palestinian Christians, I was talking about Arab Christians in general.

Severian and co. are going to LOVE your posts. Really shows the true nature and intent of progressivism.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2015, 04:38:59 PM »

You are disgusting.

Reported. ;)

That's not a polemical statement, that's a fact (even objectively, look at your avatar). Also keep proving to all of us who's the real bigot around these parts.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2015, 04:39:37 PM »

Raylight

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »

Oh, okay, I'm going say it again. Are you jealous from Israel where people are treated as people. ? From what I see, many antisemitics are actually jealous from Israel and jealous of how a small country that is less than 100 years old, was able to prove itself and grow greater than any other country in the region. A small country like Israel was able to achieve what many countries in the region combined weren't able to achieve.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 04:42:03 PM by Raylight »

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

Oh, okay, I'm going say it again. Are you jealous from Israel where people are treated as people. ?

Up to Six Mass Graves Discovered in Jaffa, with Hundreds of Victims from 1948
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=10298

Mass Graves Discovered In Jaffa Containing Palestinian Bodies Predating 1948 Arab-Israeli War
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/04/mass-graves-jaffa-israel-palestine-1948_n_3385011.html

The Anti-Defamation League: Covering Up Racism and Israeli War Crimes For Nearly A Century
http://thebilzerianreport.com/the-anti-defamation-league-covering-up-jewish-racism-and-israeli-war-crimes-for-almost-100-years/

Israel looking to mend ties with UN Rights Council, but says 'built-in discrimination' must end
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-looking-to-mend-ties-with-un-rights-council-but-says-built-in-discrimination-must-end.premium-1.526488

Rachel Corrie, U.S. activist killed by Israel bulldozer, brought it "upon herself," court says
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57501420/rachel-corrie-u.s-activist-killed-by-israel-bulldozer-brought-it-upon-herself-court-says/c

Palestinian children tortured, used as shields by Israel: U.N.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/20/us-palestinian-israel-children-idUSBRE95J0FR20130620

Israel’s use of white phosphorus confirmed
http://www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/20118/P20/

Israel: White Phosphorus Use Evidence of War Crimes
http://www.hrw.org/news/2009/03/25/israel-white-phosphorus-use-evidence-war-crimes

Mass grave uncovered containing dozens of Palestinians killed in 1948 war that founded Israel
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2334205/Mass-grave-uncovered-containing-dozens-Palestinians-killed-1948-war-founded-Israel.html#ixzz2UwCGrOxA

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2015, 04:41:22 PM »
Remember when Ergro was just looking for a church that he could go to?

Meanwhile, the last page of replies makes less and less sense with each post.

This thread begs to have the tangent moved to Politics.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

And you'll sleep, but they'll find you

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Offline rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »

rakovsky, I'm not sure where you're getting these stories from, or what that thread is as I refuse to join that political forum, but accusing other Christians of Satanism is serious and antithetical to Christ's teachings.
Amatorus,

Kapner's campaign has been rejected by his jurisdiction, and he falsely poses as a monk. That is all we need to say in the converts section. If you want to discuss him further, go to one of the threads already made on him or the politics thread I made above for this, since his campaign is political in nature.

And yes, since he falsely poses as a monk, it's no surprise if there are other falsities or deviant things about him too, like his very weird slow dancing videos, and the "symmetrical red cross on white background" symbol on his unauthorized monastic hat, corresponding to the templars' Red Cross, not anything standard in Orthodoxy.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »
Why do we care more about Israel than Bhutan?

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2015, 04:43:06 PM »
Locked pending mod review.

--Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2015, 04:18:52 AM »
To all of you who have reported posts from this thread, thank you. We are very much aware of the many rules violations posted to this thread, so we don't need you to report any more. Our backlog is already flooded with reports from this thread.

Thanks.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Thomas

• Archon
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2015, 03:35:52 PM »
This Thread is closed.
Thomas
Convert Issues Moderator
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:47:06 PM by Thomas »
Your brother in Christ ,
Thomas