OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 02:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you view the Word of God?  (Read 3484 times) Average Rating: 0
year2027
Banned

« on: July 15, 2005, 05:17:15 PM »

God first

How do you look at the Word of God?

God loves you my dear friends . Let me greet you with all the love of Christ in my heart.

Now the subject  “How do you look at the Word of God?” When I was in the Way Ministry which was a church or wolf and sheep clothing. They taught me to look at the word in very few ways.

One of the ways they used was a straight line. But I have soon learn to look at the Word of God as a circle never beginning and never ending but not just a circle but a 3D circle.

A ball that is clear which has many balls inside that way be seen as a 3D ball and all its layers. I see a never ending without beginning ball with never ending layers all at on moment of time.

I was all so taught to look at the Word of God as black and white but I have long learn that true color with many bits is must better. I want to see all the details in great focus. The grains inside the grains of the Word of God or the spiritual view of its many tones of light.

More or less every word to all its spiritual greatest on my life. Yes there is right and wrong but with every right there degrees of right and I want to be right to the purest right with no gray areas.

Now we will not be perfect today and every way but we must at least try and try again because if we do not try then Jesus Christ is not Lord in our lives. So lets have Jesus Christ Lord in our life as a clear true color 3D picture in our hearts.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
arjuna3110

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 07:18:39 PM »

“How do you look at the Word of God?”

Roy,

I look at the Word of God as the Word of God. 

First and foremost, the Word of God is Jesus Christ.  He is the Divine Word (the Logos) who became Man.  United to Him, we partake in the life of the Word of God by living according to the Word of God: Jesus Christ.  This is especially true in the sacraments and in the neighbor.

Second, the Word of God is the words which the Holy Spirit inspired human beings to write down and which we now know as the Bible.

Third, there is the record of the Holy Spirit’s life amongst us, enabling and enlivening our life in Christ, which is the Tradition of the Church. 

Fourth, to truly live according to the Word of God needs faith and grace and the guidance of the Church.

Fifth, the question for me is "which Church?"  To make a long story short, I am looking at the Orthodox Church because it seems to have preserved the fullness of the Truth of the Word of God.

Ultimately, the Word of God is Holy.  He is holy because He is God.  Thus, I look to people who are or were holy --the saints-- to guide me in living in union with the Word of God:  Jesus Christ. 
year2027
Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:49:05 PM »

God first

Beloved Arjuna3110

God bless your loving heart

thanks

with love and a holy spiritual kiss blowing your way Roy

NULL
NataliaW

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 09:26:51 PM »

Roy,

I was in the Way Ministry, too, about 15 years ago. My parents were family corps grads and twig coordinators in Kentucky. We were given the left foot of Christian fellowship in the late 80's when the transition in leadership took place. I came to Orthodoxy by a long and winding path that led me to Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where I eventually met my husband (Pedro, a moderator on this forum) and converted to Orthodoxy in the Antiochian church in Tulsa.

I'd be very interested to know when you were involved with the Way and where you were at the time. What is your current status as far as your faith goes? I hope you don't mind my curiosity; I always find it interesting to see where former Way believers have ended up.

Natalia
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 10:01:12 PM by NataliaW » Logged
cizinec
High Elder

There ain't no way but the hard way.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 11:11:32 PM »

Hey Roy.

I usually view the bible in natural light.  Artificial light tends to hurt my eyes.  I usually don't wear my glasses, but find it easier to read through my prescribed lenses.

"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."
year2027
Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 12:18:55 AM »

God first

Beloved Natalia or NataliaW

God bless your heart

you wrote

I'd be very interested to know when you were involved with the Way and where you were at the time. What is your current status as far as your faith goes? I hope you don't mind my curiosity; I always find it interesting to see where former Way believers have ended up.

From 1980 until 1996 about

I took the class 1980 in E-Town Ky

I was in Ky Fellowship 1980 until about 1982

Then Tapa FLa for about six months

Then Columbus Ohio from about 1985 - 1996 about

I went WOW one time

Help run a trig

My current status as far as your faith goes is that I still talk with God but have not found the right Church for me personally While I believe I am closer to christ than when I was in the Way

while I love this board I all so love other boards

I live now back in Ky Radcliff 10 miles north of were I got in the Way

I was ask to leave for asking a question about tithing

hope this helps

Ask me anything

Beloved cizinec

thanks

NULL
NataliaW

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 02:42:46 PM »

Roy,

It is so weird to find someone living in my hometown who was part of the same, well, for lack of a better word, cult, that I was.  My family lives a little south of you, off of Blackjack road right in between Radcliff and Elizabethtown. They didn't move to the area until 86, and I wasn't aware of a fellowship in the area before that. Still, your twig would have been connected to the folks in Louisville, I'm guessing, so you might have known the Maddoxes and Denny Thornbury and others from there.

I know how it feels to have "not found the right Church" for you personally. I was definitely there more than once, especially in college. What led you to this forum? Are you interested in Orthodoxy or just browsing any Christian forums in general?

God bless you, too.

Natalia
year2027
Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 07:09:25 PM »

God first

Beloved Natalia

God bless your heart

Here its just me no fellowship but there is a group of Dale Side follows on the road were the old Walmart was I stop bye some times

I know were blackjack road is

my email is year2027@bbtel.com

I gave you my email because I will not lie about my beliefs and that has got me kick off a few boards

But yes I am nterested in Orthodoxy as friends but not just that

I found when I go to Church they bring up Jesus Christ as God and I will not lie and not lying gets me in trouble

But ask me anything and check out

www.gscafe.com or http://livingforums.com/

they are very good and they can help you find people around you

I hope you visit your family as must as you can because I know how dear family can be after losing my mom this year

So I tell people call a lot and visit when you can

But write me any time its a small world

NULL
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 08:47:26 PM »

"I found when I go to Church they bring up Jesus Christ as God and I will not lie and not lying gets me in trouble"

I'm sorry, is Jesus Christ anything but God? One is Holy, One is Lord; Jesus Christ, to the glory of God the Father, amen.

Qui cantat, bis orat
year2027
Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 09:05:57 PM »

God first

Beloved Choirfiend

God bless your heart

The taught Jesus is the son of God not God and I believe they were right there

Do you have a son or daughter

If so are you and your son or daughter the same person

I believe that Jesus was born the son of God and that he die for us

NULL
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »

Jesus was God.

And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only begotten, begotten of the Father before all ages. Light of Light, True God of True God, begotten, not made, of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made.

Qui cantat, bis orat
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 09:29:10 PM »

Roy,

We have seen the true light
We have received the heavenly Spirit
We have found the true faith
Worshipping the undivided Trinity
Who has saved us
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:29:37 PM by Paradosis » Logged

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
aserb
asinner
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Self Ruled Antiochian Archdiocese

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 09:49:01 PM »

God first

Beloved Choirfiend

God bless your heart

The taught Jesus is the son of God not God and I believe they were right there

Do you have a son or daughter

If so are you and your son or daughter the same person

Roy your reply is very telling. THis is an ORthodox Chirstian Blog. Orthodox Christians believe that Jesus is God one in the Holy Trinity. If you do not believe this you cannot call yourself a Christian. You are deceived. Stop posting your rantings and self-proclaimed prophecies on this site.

I believe that Jesus was born the son of God and that he die for us

Save us o' Son of God, who art risen from the dead, as we sing to thee Alleluia!
year2027
Banned

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 10:09:23 PM »

God First

Beloved Choirfiend, Paradosis, and Aserb

God bless your hearts my dear friends

So I do not believe in the Trinity a word never found in the bible

So you do what that has to do with my love for God

You are not able to prove the trinity and even if I prove yo wrong  I will not push my beliefs on you but you are pushing your beliefs on me

drop it I do not what to hear it because you can not prove

Have you even research it or do you just believe what you were told

I have research it over and over

I  believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only begotten son of God I believe all that Jesus done in his life and that he gave his life and rose from the death

I believe God is light and there is no darkness in God
I believe God is spirit and that we musr worship him in spirit

I believe its Christ in us the hope of glory

I believe that the dead in Christ will rise first and then we that are left will met Christ in the air

You see I believe a lot like you so what your hang up So I will not lie

I have pray about it have you spend one second praying about it or are you puff up

You are not God get meet and drop it until you can prove it and have research it in pray

I believe Jesus Christ was here in the flesh

NULL
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 11:01:49 PM »

I'm tempted to make some witty comeback about "Roy" not being found in the Bible, and not being able to prove his own existence... but this is just too unfunny to joke about. This is deadly serious. Undecided

"By the way he dies as a human being he shows us what it is to be God." - Fr. John Behr
choirfiend
High Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 11:24:49 PM »

We reverence Your spotless icon, O gracious Lord, and ask forgiveness of our transgressions, O Christ our God. Because of Your own good will You ascended the Cross in the flesh, that You might deliver those who You had created from the bondage of the enemy. We cry aloud unto You: You have filled all things with joy, O our Savior, for You came to save the world. Amen.

Heavenly Father, physician of our souls and bodies, Who have sent Your only-begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ to heal every sickness and infirmity, visit and heal also Your servant Roy from all physical and spiritual ailments through the grace of Your Christ. Grant him patience in this sickness, strength of body and spirit, and recovery of health. Lord, You have taught us through Your word to pray for each other that we may be healed. I pray, heal Your servant Roy and grant to him the gift of complete health. For You are the source of healing and to You I give glory, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Almighty God, Who delivered Your people from the bondage of the adversary, and through Your Son cast down Satan like lightning, deliver Roy also from every influence of unclean spirits. Command Satan to depart far from him by the power of Your only begotten Son. Rescue him from demonic imaginings and darkness. Fill him with the light of the Holy Spirit that he may be guarded against all snares of crafty demons. Grant that an angel will always go before him and lead him to the path of righteousness all the days of his life, to the honor of Your glorious Name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

Lord Jesus Christ, in Your great mercy You prayed for the forgiveness of those who crucified You, and You taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute us. Lord, I pray that You forgive those who treat me unjustly and speak out against me, and that You bless them and guide them according to Your will. Take away any bitterness I may have in my heart against them. Lord, may Your forgiveness, goodness and love be revealed in all of us, to Your praise and glory. Amen.

Qui cantat, bis orat
cizinec
High Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 12:16:11 AM »

Hey Roy.

Well, all I can say is that you need to understand the worship of the Christian Church before the bible was ever compiled by the Church.  The Church taught the Trinity not only through the public acclamations of faith in its services and prayers, but later in its doctrine and dogma.  If the word "Trinity" was required to be included in Holy Scripture why didn't the Holy Fathers who decided scripture just include the word?  They taught that Christ was God, so why not?  the gnostics, among others, changed scripture, so why not these fellows?

Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 12:40:07 AM »

How do I view the Word of God? I would like to hope that I am getting closer to that perfect vision of the Saints. I hope to one day know Him the way St.Maximos the Confessor did. Have you ever read his works year2027? If you are seeking the Word of God pick up or checkout the second volume of the Philokalia and read his "On the Lord's Prayer." You will find yourself in awe.

But I would also like to mention what New Testament scholars have to say about the St.John's Gospel calling Jesus Christ the Logos. While I think as did many Fathers, that the word Logos was used in much the same way Greek philosophy used it I also think, as did many Fathers, that it was influenced by the Septuagint's descriptions of Wisdom. Look at Proverbs 8:1-7,12-17,22-36 Ecclesiaticus 24:1-12, 18-21 Wisdom of Solomon 7:22-28; 8:4,13; 9:10-12 Read St.Gregory the Theologian's "Third Theological Oration" for more on the Logos our God.

How do I view the Logos? I hope to be able to truly confess with a pure, undivided heart with St.Thomas, "My Lord and my God." (St.John 20:28)

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 02:03:41 AM »

Roy,

What do you believe is the Role of our Blessed Mother of God, Mary? The Queen of the Universe.

In Christ,
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Cephas
There is no spoon.
Elder

Faith: Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction: See of St. Mark

γνῶθισε αυτόν

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 10:37:31 PM »

â€Â  Irini nem ehmot â€Â

Roy,

You sound like you're either a Jehovah's Witness or a Mormon.  Am I on the right track?

Cephas 

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are healed."
-- Isaiah 53:5

"He who knows himself knows God"
-- Pi Nishti Abba Antony
SetFree
King of Kings

Faith: Oriental Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

Christ, Our God, To Earth Descendeth...

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2005, 02:32:17 PM »

I am afraid that it is not just JW and Mormons who espouse the heresy of Arius.  Arianism is slinking into much of Protestantism.  I have met many people who would call themselves Evangelicals who deny the Deity of the Lord Jesus.  That is why I had to leave Evangelicalism, because it was so wishy washy about saying "this is what you must believe to be a Christian."

In addition to JWs and Mormons, whole groups that espouse Arianism include:

Christadelphians
Many of the Herbert W. Armstrong break-away Churches (i.e. United Church of God, Christian Church of God, etc.)
Many Quakers in the Friends General Conference

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
year2027
Banned

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2005, 11:51:24 PM »

God first

Beloved Paradosis

God bless your loving heart my friend

Did you know we do not have to prove anything but just give a reason

My reason that the way I was taught

Beloved Choirfiend

God bless your heart my friend

I am sorry but there is NO of unclean spirits in me nor have they the power come into me

Have you not read

1 John 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Greater is Christ that is in me than the devil who is in the world

Light cast out darkness but darkness can not cast out light

the devil as no power to come in me but he is watching me for a change to attack me trying to overshower me so you will not see what little truth I can share with you

Beloved cizinez

I have read about trinty but did you ever read about John Hush I might not be speeling is name right but he came before Martin Luther there is a black and white movie plus more on the net about him

He translated books that went into the bible

John Hush said which I read in a book about the writtens of people that were burn because of there beliefs " Jesus Christ is not God " this is only a lose recall of what I read

But all this does not matter I have the right to believe differ than you as you do I

I gave you many reasons why and that all I can do As you gave me your reasons so its over about trinty

peace

Beloved Sabbas

God bless your heart

thanks you have got on the topic I wanted to hear about
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I view the Word of God? I would like to hope that I am getting closer to that perfect vision of the Saints. I hope to one day know Him the way St.Maximos the Confessor did. Have you ever read his works year2027? If you are seeking the Word of God pick up or checkout the second volume of the Philokalia and read his "On the Lord's Prayer." You will find yourself in awe.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will look for it thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I would also like to mention what New Testament scholars have to say about the St.John's Gospel calling Jesus Christ the Logos. While I think as did many Fathers, that the word Logos was used in much the same way Greek philosophy used it I also think, as did many Fathers, that it was influenced by the Septuagint's descriptions of Wisdom. Look at Proverbs 8:1-7,12-17,22-36 Ecclesiaticus 24:1-12, 18-21 Wisdom of Solomon 7:22-28; 8:4,13; 9:10-12 Read St.Gregory the Theologian's "Third Theological Oration" for more on the Logos our God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will look
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do I view the Logos? I hope to be able to truly confess with a pure, undivided heart with St.Thomas, "My Lord and my God." (St.John 20:28)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Yes my Lord Jesus Christ my Savior and my God the giver of Holy Spirit

God the head of the household and Christ the head of God's children

One Father who is God and one son who is Christ with Christ being the Lord because God made him Lord

thanks

Beloved Hadel

What do you believe because I am not part of the  Roman Church

Are you

But my bible reads Mary was the mother of Jesus the Christ given her nothing other than that

Beloved Cephas

God bless your heart my friend

Why do you ask Have you study their teaching or at least look to see if they have any right that you may have wrong

Because just maybe you could teach them things and they could teach you things

But I never been in either

Beloved Setfree

God bless your heart

One must only believe were their heart takes them No one should push their beliefs on others

that why I just share my leaving it up to each person

I try to stray away from some topics but if ask I will not lie

I am part of none of those Man made churches as all churches are

Truth comes in the heart Man just made churches to help point the way but it God who looks at the hearts of each person

Now I do not want no one destroy for lack of truth but I will never be able to make anyone drink they must do that on their own

NULL
SetFree
King of Kings

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 02:11:34 AM »

Actually, not all Churches are man-made.  According to Scripture, THE CHURCH was formed and founded by God in Christ.  This Church is the pillar and foundation of truth and is the Body of Christ.  One must only read the Epistles of the Holy St. Paul to find this out.  Also, Scripture is quite clear about who the Word of God is.

The Word of God is Jesus.  Jesus is God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

...Who, being the express image of God, thought equality with God not something to be Grasped. (St. Paul...Can't remember which Epistle).

The point is that Christ is proclaimed in scripture to be Lord and God.  Yes, Trinity is not in the Bible, but the word is a Theological Nomenclature to express a truth found in the Scripture and believed on by the Church.  There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.  If Christ is not God but a created being, then His sacrifice was worthless and the Cross is nothing.  Only because God became man, dwelt among us, sacrificed Himself on the Tree, and rose from the dead does the Gospel mean anything.  Any other Gospel is false and is anathema per St. Paul.

Year2027,  I urge you to pray that God would lead you into all truth.  I also urge you to prayerfully read the Scriptures and to get into contact with a Priest of the Church who can help you on your Journey to Know God.

At His Feet The Six-Winged Seraph, Cherubim, With Sleepless Eye, Veil Their Faces To His Presence As With Ceasless Voice They Cry:ÂÂ  Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!ÂÂ  Lord Most High! --From the Liturgy of St. James (Translated by Gerard Moultrie)
cizinec
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 07:50:40 AM »

Jan Hus came 1,000 years after the formation of the canon of scripture.  I'm not sure what magical insight he would have had concerning texts lost that long before he lived. 

I have also read some of Jan Hus and I certainly don't think he ever denied the Trinity. 

If you want to go back further, there were many early groups who denied the Divinity of Christ.  Many of their books were lost because they died out.  But if you are going to say that, say, Arius was correct, then you should follow Arius and not some modern fraud. 

SetFree
King of Kings

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 10:03:25 AM »

Cizinec, you are correct.  What I have read of Jan Huss has been (when it comes to the Deity of Christ) fairly orthodox.  He didn't deny the Deity of Christ as far as I know.

year2027
Banned

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 09:08:41 PM »

God first

Beloved Setfree

God bless your heart

Yes not all Churches but that church is the household of God which is made up of all true believers which stand in many man made Church of Flesh like the one you and I are in

We try to set up a church that right but we can not because that church is in the spiritual form

I have read and reread the bible which can be done in 30 days I read it from cover to cover over 1,000 times before I began to see the living word of God

Beloved Cizinec

God loves you

What I read was at the day they burn him in fire

Maybe once he believe like you but before he dies his views changed

NULL
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 01:25:02 AM »

God first

Beloved Hadel

What do you believe because I am not part of theÂÂ  Roman Church

Are you

But my bible reads Mary was the mother of Jesus the Christ given her nothing other than that

Thanks, your answer gave me my answer.

Yes, I revere Virgin Mary greatly and Blessed Mary has a higher roll believed differently, but equally and respected (revered) by both Roman and Orthodox Churches.

Walk in the True Christ,
Hadel
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 01:28:16 AM by Hadel » Logged

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
year2027
Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »

God first

Beloved Hadel

God bless your loving heart my friend

thanks

yes lets walk together in the true Christ my friend

NULL
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up