Author Topic: Hindu Mob Kills Muslim Man for Eating Beef  (Read 7150 times)

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
Re: Hindu Mob Kills Muslim Man for Eating Beef
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:41 PM »
His last words were "don't have a cow, man."

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »
Hinduism was around a good two thousand years in India before St Thomas.

And around a good 3,000 years before Islam. I'd take the pagans over the sons of Ishmael any day. At least their girls look cute when they dance in that traditional Indian clothing on Bollywood shows.
I don't think I have ever been so eager to see Mor's reaction to a post than I am right now.  ;D

I will not criticise a man for good taste.

That Bollywood channel was one of my better investments. Got into Indian TV after installing a lot of ceiling fans and light fixtures for bored Indian housewives. It's like Dancing With the Stars but browner and with cuter clothing and a language I don't understand whatsoever.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2015, 01:15:34 AM »
Looks like they had some beef with this guy.  8)
That's better than some of the puns one can make about pork. :P
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »
His last words were "don't have a cow, man."
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Stratopedarches
  • You're my guardian angel hiding in the woods
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 03:02:20 AM »
HEADLINE:  Muslim Man Unable To Read Terrible Jokes On OCnet Due To Being Dead.

The Indian Express quoted Mr Akhlaq's daughter Sajida as saying the family had mutton in the fridge and not beef.

"They accused us of keeping cow meat, broke down our doors and started beating my father and brother. My father was dragged outside and beaten with bricks," she told the daily.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/11900906/Muslim-man-beaten-to-death-over-rumours-he-had-eaten-beef-in-India.html

Tension prevailed in the area after around 200 persons attacked the residence of one Iqlakh after rumours spread in the village that a cow has been slaughtered on Monday night, police said today. The mob allegedly beat Iqlakh to death while his son Danish was critically injured in the attack and is undergoing treatment at a hospital, they said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/11900906/Muslim-man-beaten-to-death-over-rumours-he-had-eaten-beef-in-India.html
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
Everyone making lame jokes about this... Would you do the same if the victim were a Christian? It could easily have happened there as well. We do after all generally eat beef. Christians have been murdered by Muslim mobs for allegedly desecrating the Quran. THEY REALLY DO THINGS BY THE BOOK OVER THERE HAR HAR
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Charles Martel

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
Eh, one less jihadist to worry about. The Hindus have every right to deal violently with the sons of Ishmael who are only there because of years of conquest that caused the population of the entire subcontinent to decrease by 80 million (K.S. Lal).

Do they have the same right to deal in the same manner with the Christians who are also not native to Indian soil?

Um, we've been in India since the arrival of the apostle Thomas ca. AD 52.  How many millennia do you require to qualify for native status?

And pedophilia was in Rome before the Popes arrived.
Pedophilia's not a religion.

Could've fooled me the world. 

But it's been around in Bombay and Calcutta as long as your Veda's have been as well.

Now endorsed by saints!
So now you're accussing JPII of "endorsing" pedophilia?

Got anything to back this up ?

No, didn't think so.
some of us aren't blind, and can see the picture above.
Some of us can't see so good.

So why don't you enlighten some of us blind bats what you "see".
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2015, 07:34:49 AM »
Eh, one less jihadist to worry about. The Hindus have every right to deal violently with the sons of Ishmael who are only there because of years of conquest that caused the population of the entire subcontinent to decrease by 80 million (K.S. Lal).

Do they have the same right to deal in the same manner with the Christians who are also not native to Indian soil?

Um, we've been in India since the arrival of the apostle Thomas ca. AD 52.  How many millennia do you require to qualify for native status?

And pedophilia was in Rome before the Popes arrived.
Seems pedophilia is actually relatively low in Europe (Rome) compared to other parts of the world , say  like Africa and Asia(India)....... 8)

Global prevalence of child sexual abuse

An estimated 7.9% of men and 19.7% of women globally experienced sexual abuse prior to the age of 18. U.S. rates were 7.5% for males and 25.3% for females. The highest prevalence rate of child sexual abuse geographically was found in Africa (34.4%.) Europe showed the lowest prevalence rate (9.2%). America and Asia had prevalence rates between 10.1% and 23.9%. - See more at: http://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/global-prevalence-child-sexual-abuse#sthash.MBR60yMy.dpuf

http://journalistsresource.org/studies/government/criminal-justice/global-prevalence-child-sexual-abuse

Well, that really got under your skin.  Hopefully that's all that got under your skin.
Nah, not really.

Numbers and reality don't get under my skin.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
Everyone making lame jokes about this... Would you do the same if the victim were a Christian? It could easily have happened there as well. We do after all generally eat beef. Christians have been murdered by Muslim mobs for allegedly desecrating the Quran. THEY REALLY DO THINGS BY THE BOOK OVER THERE HAR HAR
Eh, they're basically like cavemen over there anyway.

Killing people over eating something they think  they shouldn't.

How backwards can you get?

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2015, 07:42:44 AM »

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2015, 11:51:22 AM »

I guess you could say they're mercenaries; they kill for prophet.

Online Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Hey, did you ever wanna hold a terryfold?
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2015, 12:35:47 PM »

If that's your standard, America still has them beat.
OCnet is KGB.
I hail Mor Ephrem as our Secretary General.

Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »

Indeed, I myself nearly caused an insurrection at a rent-a-car at Baltimore Washington International by asking which local restaurant had the best crab cakes.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »

Ah drop the egalitarian bullcrap. Guess what? I would care if it was a Christian, because Christians and Muslims are not the same nor do they warrant equal treatment in my eyes. The latter only exist in India due to violent conquest while the former came there organically through St. Thomas' missionary acts. I don't care how politically correct this makes me nor how many progressives it angers due to their inability to acknowledge the differences between people and their relevancy in cases like this.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2015, 10:22:02 PM »

Ah drop the egalitarian bullcrap. Guess what? I would care if it was a Christian, because Christians and Muslims are not the same nor do they warrant equal treatment in my eyes. The latter only exist in India due to violent conquest while the former came there organically through St. Thomas' missionary acts. I don't care how politically correct this makes me nor how many progressives it angers due to their inability to acknowledge the differences between people and their relevancy in cases like this.

What's more confusing about this though is that there are actually 3 categories of Christians in India; the St. Thomas Christians (who did indeed come there organically), the (mostly Catholic) communities that trace their origins to Portuguese colonization, and the Anglo-Protestant-Baptist communities that originated due to British colonial rule.

Something similar is the case in Ethiopia (the EOTC for some reason never launched a widespread missionary program in southern Ethiopia, or the rest of Africa, and so neighboring regions remained pagan, before being converted to Protestantism by foreign missionaries. That's coming back to haunt the Ethiopian Orthodox now).
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2015, 10:25:39 PM »

What if you don't warrant equal treatment in someone else's eyes?
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

"Our Lord will *never* stop loving us." - Fr. Michael P.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »

What if you don't warrant equal treatment in someone else's eyes?

Then they're either correct or incorrect. Truth is not relative. If they're correct then I'd accept my fate with humility or leave; if they're wrong, then your statement is irrelevant given that I believe mine is right.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2015, 10:52:28 PM »
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

That means that of course they do merit equal treatment, if we follow the words of the Lord.  Not less treatment, but how we would treat ourselves...or our loved ones.

Nothing to do with egalitarianism, and everything to do with Gospelism ( and i know that's not a word) and being a Christian.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »

What's more confusing about this though is that there are actually 3 categories of Christians in India; the St. Thomas Christians (who did indeed come there organically), the (mostly Catholic) communities that trace their origins to Portuguese colonization, and the Anglo-Protestant-Baptist communities that originated due to British colonial rule.

Something similar is the case in Ethiopia (the EOTC for some reason never launched a widespread missionary program in southern Ethiopia, or the rest of Africa, and so neighboring regions remained pagan, before being converted to Protestantism by foreign missionaries. That's coming back to haunt the Ethiopian Orthodox now).

I don't understand why we see non-Europeans or non-Middle Easterners who converted to the aforementioned's colonial missions as victims. Is this not implying that we basically view these RC and Protestant converts as ignorant, passive slaves to foreign doctrine and they can't think to themselves? Why does it matter if someone becomes Christian by disciple or by King after a few centuries?

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 06:26:09 AM »
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Love =/= Equality

That means that of course they do merit equal treatment, if we follow the words of the Lord.  Not less treatment, but how we would treat ourselves...or our loved ones.

Again, love does not mean equality nor is it synonymous with mere kindness or tolerance alone, and the notion that it does only suggests just how egalitarian our thinking is. Love does not entail "equal" treatment but rather fair treatment, which can only be carried out properly if we recognize the differences that exist between us. In other words, love means doing what is best for someone--even if it isn't equal or completely kind.

With that said, I think that treating Muslims "equally" would only harm their souls more in the long run because it would enable them to sin more by murdering, raping, and oppressing us. It is like continually giving a drug addict money despite knowing that they are only going to use it to feed their addiction more. It may be the "kind," "equal," or "tolerant" thing to do, but it isn't what's best for them. Even David fled from King Saul whom he still loved because he did not want him to sin by committing murder.

Furthermore, the Church does allow self-defense. And I believe that tolerating Islam seriously does threaten our wellbeing as it has virtually every nation that it has ever touched. You'd respond with force if someone broke into your home, correct? So how come if someone breaks into your nation, you can't respond with force? It's all self-defense. And just as there is a difference between guests who peacefully come to the home and those who violently break in, so it is with Christianity and Islam in India. The former do not warrant a forcible response but the latter do given that they are intruders.

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2015, 08:42:46 AM »
Why would anyone need to defend themselves against someone else's dietary choices? ???
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2015, 07:47:24 PM »

Has them beat in what? Civilization?

Yea, Id say so;

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »
The point of this thread was not, to clarify, to provide a forum for people to make unpleasant remarks about how backwards/primotive/stupid Indian people are; had I known some members were going to tale this thread down this road I doubt I would have posted it.

I am not a fan of Hindu nationalism or Islamic fundamentalism but I do have great respect for India, which in Malankara at least is home to a Christian civilization as old as any other.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »

Yea, Id say so;

Stop being a bigot! If the evil stupid Europeans had just left Africa and India alone, they would have surely become hyper-modern bustling metropolises! It's all our fault that neo-colonialism is draining all their chance of success! Guns, Germs, and Steel told me so!

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • It a bird, it a plane, no it's Orthogringo!
  • Faith: Orthogringo
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2015, 09:15:22 PM »

Yea, Id say so;

Stop being a bigot! If the evil stupid Europeans had just left Africa and India alone, they would have surely become hyper-modern bustling metropolises! It's all our fault that neo-colonialism is draining all their chance of success! Guns, Germs, and Steel told me so!

don't you know to certain people it always the America and Western Eureopeans fault as far as Africa is concerned. nevermind the Eureopeans left the imperalism divine right to rule stuff years ago and now Africa been on it's own and the results  is a wasteland of cvil wars, barbarism , Famine, rampant disease , Islam, Paganism Ethnic warfare and so fourth.

Offline Amatorus

• OC.net guru
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »

Yea, Id say so;

don't you know to certain people it always the America and Western Eureopeans fault as far as Africa is concerned. nevermind the Eureopeans left the imperalism divine right to rule stuff years ago and now Africa been on it's own and the results  is a wasteland of cvil wars, barbarism , Famine, rampant disease , Islam, Paganism Ethnic warfare and so fourth.

No they're just recovering from centuries of brutal oppression! Europe and all the West must pay back tenfold and be culturally enriched by other civilizations whose history is not soaked in blood. Europe and Christianity (unless it's being practiced by these oppressed people) is obviously responsible for all the bigotry in the world!

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »

Yea, Id say so;

OCnet is KGB.

An Athonite

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2015, 05:37:53 PM »
There are times in which I think that links to this Forum are used by atheists for online proselytism... This is certainly the case with this absurd collection of comments.

"I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else," is most definitely NOT what one is supposed to get out of the parable of our Lord with respect to the Pharisee.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:38:30 PM by podkarpatska »

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 06:00:49 PM »
The point of this thread was of course not to lord it over the Hindus but rather to discuss a disturbing incident.  I would not have posted it had I known that some non-Orthodox members would use it as an excuse to say unpleasant things about a country that is home to one of the oldest Orthodox communities.

Offline William T

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »

It's mob violence and ought be treated as such.  Mobs kill over any form of self justification: history runs red with "noble and lofty" self justifying pretexts run amok...liberty, equality, fraternity, God, country, honor, love, whatever. Funny enough, those who seem to be smug about the labels on this thread (and on "progressive grounds") are exhibiting the same sectarian herd instinct as the ones they are so smugly looking down on.  The even more amusing part , is you have Catholic/Orthodox people trying to use outdated "progessive" 19th century racism/imperialism concepts by trying to out-WASP the Victorian era WASPs who used this logic to, in part, write off Orthodoxy...that takes a special kind of thinker.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:42:19 PM by William T »

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2015, 08:08:10 PM »
The point of this thread was of course not to lord it over the Hindus but rather to discuss a disturbing incident.
Read the thread title. Seems it was a mob of HINDUS that lorded their wacky, fanatical beleifs over some Moslem guy.

Whether anyone wants ot admit it or not, it's that bizarre SYSTEM of Hinduism that has caused the misery of millions over the course of thousands of years. Instead of getting all sanctimonious about some Christian "bigots" who would point this out, we should be condemning this demonic belief system that worships rats and snakes but considers a good portion fo their human population as worthless and beneath the dignity of rodents.

I would not have posted it had I known that some non-Orthodox members would use it as an excuse to say unpleasant things about a country that is home to one of the oldest Orthodox communities.
Oh, please, no one is saying anything bad about the tiny Indian Christian/Orthodox/Catholic enclaves that exist in a land of pagan excesses of unprecedented proportions.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2015, 08:10:25 PM »

Yea, Id say so;

How many of India's poor or "untouchables" would love to live in  that condemned house in the thrid picture down?

Yea, you know the answer to that.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
The point of this thread was of course not to lord it over the Hindus but rather to discuss a disturbing incident.
Read the thread title. Seems it was a mob of HINDUS that lorded their wacky, fanatical beleifs over some Moslem guy.

Whether anyone wants ot admit it or not, it's that bizarre SYSTEM of Hinduism that has caused the misery of millions over the course of thousands of years. Instead of getting all sanctimonious about some Christian "bigots" who would point this out, we should be condemning this demonic belief system that worships rats and snakes but considers a good portion fo their human population as worthless and beneath the dignity of rodents.

I would not have posted it had I known that some non-Orthodox members would use it as an excuse to say unpleasant things about a country that is home to one of the oldest Orthodox communities.
Oh, please, no one is saying anything bad about the tiny Indian Christian/Orthodox/Catholic enclaves that exist in a land of pagan excesses of unprecedented proportions.

So you used one newspaper article about one incident to use as a soapbox to get up and pamphleteer and moralize about an entire "system" of "Hinduism"?  C'mon man. Dont be such an alarmist and rabble rousing demogogue.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:27:05 PM by William T »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2015, 08:34:01 PM »
Have you seen Charles on the Politics board? That's not the half.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

Mt. 21:31 Jesus said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that tax collectors and harlots enter the kingdom of God before you."

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2015, 10:31:29 PM »
There's a politics section?  I thought politics were banned from this site?  I get that political thoughts are going to pop up, that's inevitable and unavoidable, but I was glad that I thought they could at best  be only a tertiary feature to a topic.  But now that I think about it, I guess I have noticed some blatant political threads and avatars.

It's tricky enough talking about Orthodoxy in the world (and being Orthodox in the West), but to willingly desire to enter into politics, that's the kind of person I flee from at parties.  Give me a Scientologist, head banger, or a vegan, but dear God, please do not give me a politician.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2015, 10:38:11 PM »
If you want to be in the Politics section, you have to ask for access. Some foul language and whatnot is allowed in there. You have to PM someone to get approved - I forget whom, I'm sorry. It can get very, very heated in there. At the time the board switched to the new format, I somehow had my access to that forum removed. I don't know if it's worth it, but you can see and decide for yourself.

Offline William T

• Archon
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2015, 10:44:46 PM »
ahh, gotcha.  I don't think that's really my thing.  But thanks for letting me know about politics and this forum.

PS: I notice the Pixies reference.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:48:52 PM by William T »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2015, 10:46:28 PM »
Okay.

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2015, 12:44:26 AM »

Yea, Id say so;

How many of India's poor or "untouchables" would love to live in  that condemned house in the thrid picture down?

Yea, you know the answer to that.

What, no photos? 

I win. 
OCnet is KGB.

An Athonite

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »

I am rather intimately aware of the thread title given that I posted it.

Also, Christianity is the third largest religion in India; if memory serves, roughly the size of Jainism and Sikhism combined.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2015, 07:51:28 AM »
So is Buddhism dead in India despite being Siddhartha Gautama's birthplace?

Offline wgw

• Taxiarches
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
So is Buddhism dead in India despite being Siddhartha Gautama's birthplace?

This lacks  historical continuity, but a large number of Dalits (untouchables) converted in the 1950s, with I believe the assistance of Southeast Asian clerics, so it is back on the map.  I believe it had effectively died out until recent times, although I would not be inclined to rule out tiny isolated pockets of Buddhists.  Tiny micro-sects centered around a guru are de rigeur in India; hence the various radically different forms of Hinduism that are only vaguely related.

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2015, 10:31:48 AM »

So you used one newspaper article about one incident to use as a soapbox to get up and pamphleteer and moralize about an entire "system" of "Hinduism"?  C'mon man. Dont be such an alarmist and rabble rousing demogogue.
Uh, it's more than just "one" little incident.

That system has been the cause of misery  and grief for millions of it's adherents for thousands of years keeping people in poverty and ignorance without the hope of any salvation or relief from there unfortunate "karma" in this world.

There's no demagoguery going on here my friend, just the reality and facts on one of the world's most twisted and diabolical "worldviews".

Offline Charles Martel

• Taxiarches
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34:48 AM »
Have you seen Charles on the Politics board? That's not the half.
Let's not hypocritical now.

Sliver, beam and all that.