OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 22, 2014, 05:50:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Bomb materials came from Bosnia  (Read 2318 times) Average Rating: 0
PrinceMarko

« on: July 14, 2005, 09:46:34 AM »

French and UK authorities have stated that the bomb materials in the london bombings came from Bosnia.

Big surprise? I think not. We all know muslim fanatics run around in bosnia and al qaeda even have terror camps set up there.  The world didnt listen to us about Bosnia, now look what they are facing.
cizinec
High Elder

There ain't no way but the hard way.

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:56:48 PM »

Big surprise.

That won't make it onto cnn or fox.

Where'd you find the info?

"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 11:11:04 PM »

Well, it doesn't have seemed to have made it out anywhere. I have found stories saying that the French are saying the explosive used was C4 (typically a military explosive) and I see stories referring to Bosnia in a very general sense, but nothing that ties the two together.
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 11:21:46 PM »

I saw this last night (linking the explosives to Bosnia) on either Fox or MSNBC..... I was flipping between the two and can't remember which one had it now, but I think it was Fox. 
cizinec
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:23:58 PM »

well, i guess it made it onto fox or cnn.

Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »

Well it was the middle of the night - so a handful of wierd people like me who like the night shift saw it. 
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 12:36:51 AM »

Well, well, well...........Where are the high & mighty conspiracy theorist now who were on here last week blabbing about it being the NWO or Jews fault for the bombings..... Roll Eyes Looks more & more that they are wrong again like they always are. Go ahead and defend the islamo-facist at the expense of your credibility. By the way,they have a picture of one of the terrorist on the sludge report. Yea.....it's never the muslims fault.... Roll Eyes...it's the western media who is doing the cover - up job like some of you claimed here last week.... Huh Ohh by the way, the reason why no jews where killed in those hurricanes last week is due to a zionist plot. You see, the zionist saw the storm coming before hand and they text messaged each other to leave the affected areas before it hit, too bad the 'western media' covered that up also... Roll Eyes

Score another one for Nacho...... Grin

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 01:06:40 AM »

Yes, thank goodness for Nacho disabusing us all with his GOP propoganda. 
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:12:44 AM »

Yes, thank goodness for Nacho disabusing us all with his GOP propoganda.

Uhhh.....right... Wink  The proof is in the pudding. Some of us choose to live in reality and some of us don't.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 01:19:55 AM »

I never said I was a conspiracy theorist, nor that I believed in any of the points mentioned by posters of that line of thought.  My assertation is that your constant line of GOP propoganda isn't reality either. 
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 01:43:48 AM »

I never said I was a conspiracy theorist, nor that I believed in any of the points mentioned by posters of that line of thought.  My assertation is that your constant line of GOP propoganda isn't reality either.

Well, I looked over my post again and can't figure out where the GOP propaganda comes into play. Politics aside, I would think everyone would be against terrorism. The muslims have alot of explaining to do why people in their community keep going on violent rampages killing innocent civilians (looks like history keeps repeating itself).  I guess I'm biased anyway and don't think the muslim world has much to offer to mankind. I get too outraged whenever I read what they did to many of our saints and the church. Just go pick up a book on the lives of the saints and see who's hands they were murdered by and that should answer most of your questions.     

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 01:53:01 AM »

The jews and the moslems both commit enough atrocities that we dont have to falsely assign blame...if you want some jewish atrocity to complain about just wait a few weeks...they'll come through for you, the jews and moslems always do on this account Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Nacho
OC.net guru

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 02:00:29 AM »

The jews and the moslems both commit enough atrocities that we dont have to falsely assign blame...if you want some jewish atrocity to complain about just wait a few weeks...they'll come through for you, the jews and moslems always do on this account

I agree.......I like the zionist about just as much as I like the muslims. Both groups do nothing to advance the kingdom of God, so if they fell off the face of the earth tommarow it wouldn't bother me a bit.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 02:08:35 AM by Nacho » Logged

Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 02:51:33 AM »

Nacho, you seemed to only be focused on radical muslims that are parts of terrorist organizations, but the issue goes much deeper than that.  If it weren't for certain Western nations arming both Jews and Arabs they would currently be fighting by means of whose camel could spit the meanest.  But America saw no problem with Islamic terrorism when it was directed towards the USSR, nor was there a problem with taliban type governments as long as their jihad was directed away from American interests.  And the topic of this thread points out the deadly consequences of NATO policy in the Balkans - by fighting along side with Al-Queda affiliated groups in Bosnia and Kosovo, carving out radical islamic states NATO made large scale terrorism possible.  But to the simple minded it just a matter of saying yes to the latest round of government propoganda. 
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 10:56:47 AM »

The jews and the moslems both commit enough atrocities that we dont have to falsely assign blame...if you want some jewish atrocity to complain about just wait a few weeks...they'll come through for you, the jews and moslems always do on this account Wink

Please be more specific when naming ethno-religious groups.  "The Jews" and "The Muslims" are broad categories.  This is not singled out just at you in particular but in all posters as we would like to keep the discussion on topic which it will not if we start arguing about Jews and Muslims in such general terms.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
PrinceMarko

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 03:09:58 PM »

Explosives used in London bombings ‘originated in the Balkans’

By Sue O’Reilly
THE BALKANS were last night being named as the possible source of the explosive material used in the London bombings.

French Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy told the emergency meeting of EU justice ministers in Brussels that there was strong suspicion the explosives used in the bombings came from the Balkans or Eastern Europe, where it is possible to buy the material on the black market after the Balkan wars.

However, British Home Secretary Charles Clarke said he was bewildered by the comments.

Determining the origin of the explosives is vital and investigators believe one man assembled all four devices.

Initial forensic investigations suggest each device used in the attack had less than 10 pounds (4.5kg) of explosive, a quantity small enough to have been hidden in a rucksack.

Traces of military plastic explosive, more deadly and efficient than commercial varieties, are understood to have been found in the debris of the wrecked Underground carriages and the bus.

Scotland Yard has asked its counterparts around Europe to check stockpiles at military bases and building sites for missing explosives.

Military explosive is hard to detect even by trained sniffer dogs, easy to hide, and stable if smuggled across a European border and then into Britain in a container.

Superintendent Christophe Chaboud, head of the French security service’s Anti-terrorist Co-ordination Unit, said: “The use of military explosives is very worrying. We are more used to seeing home-made explosives made from chemicals. How did they procure them?

Either they were supplied by the underground market, for example from the Balkans, or they benefited from accomplices who removed explosives from a military base.”

After intensive efforts, availability of Semtex used extensively by the Provisional IRA, has dried up.

However, there are a number of alternatives, notably C4, which comes in sticks and can be moulded into a shape suitable for a bomb.

C4 is a high-quality plastic explosive that has been used by al-Qaida-affiliated terrorists in other attacks.

The explosive is manufactured mainly in the US but there is evidence that military explosives have been bought by terrorist groups from sources in Croatia and elsewhere in the Balkans.

Islamic militants are reported to have obtained military explosives from Bosnia in recent years.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 07:19:57 AM »

OK, so we finally have a story, and with it, I've found several other stories. And I'm not at all surprised to discover that what was said had almost nothing to do with Bosnia: that it is suspected that the explosives came from somewhere in the Balkans or Eastern Europe, and that the real issue is that there is an existing black market in this stuff and that it will very hard to supress this.

It's not always about Serbia.
StephenG

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 07:39:35 AM »

I too originally heard that the explosive used was 'high grade' military explosive but latest inforamation given out by the anti-terrorist squad in the UK talk of Acetone Peroxide. The reason for the original theory was because of the destructive effect, i.e. a speculation. Analysis revealed instead the blasts were the result of the very destructive Acetone Peroxide, made from readily available material. This may also tie in with the search for a chemistry PhD Egyptian student who left the UK a few days before the terrorist attacks. He has since been located and arrested by the Egyptian police and will be interviewed in the presence of British police and security officers. (No Police and Criminal Evidence Act to inhibit the interrogation there).

The four suicide bombers all appear to have one thing in common, their sheer ordinariness, in no way seemingly standing out from those around them according to many who knew them.

Clearly there was a conspiracy. That of those who masterminded, did the reconnassaince, made up the explosive and the devices, financed it and carried the murderous attack out. Some will seek to find scapegoats for this, possibily beyond anything and anyone even remotely involved. Hitler, Stalin and every evil crackpot in history has done the same thing. The wisest thing may be to wait and see how the matter actually unravells while all the time being vigilant.
cizinec
High Elder

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 10:58:35 AM »

If it came from the Balkans, I doubt Muslim extremists used their ties to Serbs in RS to get it.  It would have been either Kosovo or Bosnia, where Muslim radicals are most protected by NATO and the UN.  The fact that the terrorists in 9-11 had as many links to Bosnia as to Afghanistan seems to have missed the press.

I actually never heard that connection and only heard the Egyptian one.

It's not always about Serbia.

Of course it is.  You just don't try hard enough.   Grin

Well, that and, apparently, an international Zionist conspiracy.   Roll Eyes

StephenG

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2005, 06:38:51 PM »

The ingredients would have been available locally, undetectable by sniffer dogs and I very doubt that any of it came from Bosnia, Alabania or anywhere else exotic. Sadly the explosive 'mix' was all to effective in killing, maiming and setting of divisions between peoples. Conspiracy theorists simply add nothing but 'fuel' to a fire that needs putting out not more combustables adding to it.

Perhaps the conspiracy 'theorists' are still seeing 'reds' under every bed? Perhaps something other than a Christian site would be a natural home for those of such a negative frame of mind?
Kolya
Still learning!

Snow in Red Square.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 09:37:36 AM »

I lost my plumber last night. Unfortunatly he stopped a couple bullits in an attempted car-jacking. I really liked
the guy. He was a muslim.
My dentist is the best in town, he's jewish. I'm an Orthodox christian, who pleads for mercy from my God every day.
There are intruments of Satan at all levels of our society.
Need I say more?

Treat others as you would like to be treated!
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 10:39:59 AM »

Kolya,  ÃƒÆ’‚Â
What a sad story.ÂÂ  May God have mercy on your plumber.
Regarding the London bombing, I have a question.  Why did the "supposed" suicide bombers carry the explosives in their backpacks.  The usual way would be to have them strapped on with belts, etc.  I read that one of the bombers was noticed as being very agitated and actually yelped before the bomb went off.  I was wondering if the plan was engineered by others (who told the bombers would have time to flee) but wanted to leave no scapegoats.  Have you heard anything about this?  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃƒÆ’‚ Juliana
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 10:41:29 AM by jlerms » Logged
Strelets
Стрелец
Elder

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 11:39:17 AM »

The latest reports coming out of the London authorities are that these bombs were built with regular household chemicals in a local flat.  This should put this thread to rest.

"The creed is very simple, and here is what it is: to believe that there is nothing more beautiful, more courageous, and more perfect than Christ; and there not only isn't, but I tell myself with a jealous love, there cannot be." ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: